Crinoline Lady CAL photo links post # 2

heart

I haven't started mine yet. I just ordered the patterns from Crochet Memories. I can't wait to get home tonight to start one!!

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey everyone,

have been busy making squares tonight for my other cals. but now just doing a few more rows on my easter lady. Im on row 7 now, crocheting with thread is so dainty like isnt it.

Its so easy to get caught up in the pattern buying, I should know I bought about 6 of them and I havent even made one yet. Hoping to have this one done this weekend.

th_IMAG0066.jpg

I am not very happy with the hat. I crocheted it twice and I just couldn't seem to get it to look like Cylinda's. Oh well, for my first Crinoline, it's not too shabby. Hmm....now, which one to start next.........

***SARAH - am I supposed to be posting my pics somewhere else????

Sarah, thanks for co-hosting this CAL. I seem to follow you around, don't I? Did you make that Cameo Girl with size 30 thread and a size 12 hook called for in the pattern? I've never worked with thread that small. You did a beautiful job; she is gorgeous! Thanks for answering my questions. And congratulations on your new sewing machine for your birthday...sweet Mom! Also, thanks for listing all the pattern links so we can all go broke!:lol

Jeannie, You're welcome! No, I used good ole' size 10 thread and a # 7 hook! :hook

th_IMAG0066.jpg

I am not very happy with the hat. I crocheted it twice and I just couldn't seem to get it to look like Cylinda's. Oh well, for my first Crinoline, it's not too shabby. Hmm....now, which one to start next.........

***SARAH - am I supposed to be posting my pics somewhere else????

Oh my! Suzy, she is beautiful!!! I'll put the post link in the second thread with your user name. Wow! I think the hat looks good. :) YAY! :yay

Glad to have you Tami!

Yes it is dainty Aussie. It is a great experience when you use it the first time. I'm hoping to try a # 30 maby. I did try # 20 1 time. It was neat.

Yarnlover, if you see those at Michaels let us know. I think that will be a great way to display them.

Laurie, Can't wait to see it!

Ok, I decided to order a pattern from Maggies Crochet, so in the mean time, while I wait for shipping, I'm doing the one at stargazers site, the potholder lady archive one. Here's the skirt, I need to add all the ruffles. It is a 3-D one. The link is in the first post, under free patterns. I think I will sew this one onto a bathroom towel to hang. I think those ruffles will take for ever...:D

crinolineskirt.jpg

I wasn't quite sure where to post that link. I guess my age is showing but I get a little confused when there are multiple topics with the similar names.

Anyway, I'm glad ya'll like the pattern.

I can't wait to get home and FINALLY get to start mine.

:yay:jumpyayYAY! As Mrs. Sarah says! Here's my progress on Sweet Pea...finished row 13...still have some more of the skirt to do. Maybe I should've waited until I finished the skirt, but I couldn't! :jumpyay Did row 13 in blue but pattern calls for pink. I don't know, should I leave it at blue or switch to the pink? I think the blue will look fine with the green sweet pea, don't you? Didn't have any pink when I did this last night but now I have a light pink...C&C Orchid Pink. Store didn't have any darker pinks but maybe this pink would be okay. OK...think I'll use blue cause I have blue in my bathroom. Rambling and rambling and talked myself right into it! Pic is clickable:

b][color=Black][font=&quot][size=4]This is Cylinda

Everyone else's ladies look beautiful!

[/size][/font][/color] [/size]

Well, I finally started mine and have 4 rows done. I'm doing the Easter Girl. But oh my goodness, if I thought I crocheted slowly before, I'm working at a snail's pace now on this! I can tell I'm not going to be able to work on this for any length of time. My eyes don't want to refocus when I go to read the pattern. :eek So I work for a few minutes and then have to stop for a while.

Suzy yours is beautiful I love the purple color.

Jeannie the blue looks great, dont change it.

Laurie Im doing the easter one as well. Im now onto row 14 and yes I agree its a lot slower but Im really liking it at the moment. Im doing mine in a green varigated color.

I'm glad to know you're doing that one as well. I got to Row 6 and for some reason the skirt didn't look right so I ripped back to Row 3. I'm doing Row 4 again.

Question on Row 6 -- when we have to do the double shell, that's in the space before the ch 1, right? What do we put in the space immediately after the ch 1?

I'm glad to know you're doing that one as well. I got to Row 6 and for some reason the skirt didn't look right so I ripped back to Row 3. I'm doing Row 4 again.

Question on Row 6 -- when we have to do the double shell, that's in the space before the ch 1, right? What do we put in the space immediately after the ch 1?

Laurie, Look at the pic, it's clickable, if you count the rows, you can see where the double shell row is, Maby this will help.

th_CrinolineLady.jpg

Sarah, that is beautiful! Is that the Easter Girl? Does it call for size 10 thread and what size hook? Or did you even do what the pattern calls for. I notice you have a tendency to modify :haha. Guess that's cause you're sooooo creative! Yes! Yes! You really are!

Looks like I'm gonna have to get the Easter Girl! Laurie and Aussie, keep at it! You'll get it!

Now, update on Sweet Pea...got the skirt finished and now it's time to start the bodice...in blue! It's past my bedtime but I may at least get started on it. How in the world do you get them to look like Cylinda's? My skirt does not go straight across the top like hers does. I know I'll need to shape it, block it, etc. I know she has guides for pinning doilies...they should work for some of these ladies' patterns, shouldn't they? I've made some of her fans and they never come out straight but then I haven't blocked any of them yet.:shrug. As a matter of fact, you wouldn't believe the WIPs I have that need blocking and just the finishing work left to do...probably about 5 of 'em!

:clover Happy St. Patrick's Day to Everyone! :clover

Archived