Crinoline Lady CAL photo links post # 2

heart

Thank you Laurie.

I was thinking of doing the Pilgram Girl, but I don't know if I can find brown thread. I know any color would be lovely, I just love that she is a pilgram. I want to be sure which one I want before I buy. I have bought 3 in the past already! lol! and Love each one. I may do her in yellow, if I decide on this one.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, I worked last night until I finished this small one, just to get everyone excited. I used the Cameo Girl doily pattern. I wasn't able to make sense of the edging row, I think my eyes were going cross! :rofl lol :rofl It looks easier to read today, anywho, I just did a simple sc edge on it. and I attached the hands to the dress. I may make and atach 1 bouquet, or parasol. haven't decided yet. Also I did a different edge to the hat, the edge on it read 2sc, 2 s dc, (:think ) too tired to figure it out. Anyhow, Here she is. I think she is lovely! She is a gift for someone. Now, off to decide which of Cylinda's patterns to buy next!:hook

(clickable)

th_lemonycrinoline.jpg

Heart~~ Is there away to put each person's name on the first post with a link to their pics when they start rolling in? That way we won't have to scroll through the entire thread to see everyone's lovely ladies.......:D

Sure thing! That's a great idea! I just have to figure out how to get the individual posts, so I can get the links for them. Blog links would work too, b/c some post it in their blog and just post a link here. I'll try to figure it out real quick. (I know I should know how to do this already :)

Sarah, that is so pretty! I want to try that one. When I looked at the pattern yesterday I didn't see a "lady" in it...LMAO. Now today I see it's ladies connected. hahaha...the pic with the pattern isn't very clear...or needs to be bigger. Anyhow as soon as I finish this one I am doing I think I might start the cameo. Love it....Great job!

Sure thing! That's a great idea! I just have to figure out how to get the individual posts, so I can get the links for them. Blog links would work too, b/c some post it in their blog and just post a link here. I'll try to figure it out real quick. (I know I should know how to do this already :)

Heart, Your lady is beautiful. I can't wait to get started on mine. Chloe's birthday is tomorrow with her party on Friday so I won't be doing much crocheting in the next two days. (aside from her birthday outfit)

For individual posts click on the number at the right hand side of your screen. This is the number of the post. By clicking on this, the indiviual post will pop up. Good luck with that. I think its a great idea.

Sarah, I love the cameo girl... I haven't decided which of the patterns to buy yet... they are all so pretty....I'll let you know which one I pick and will probably get started Monday.. we are leaving out of town in the a.m. to watch Christopher play in the Eastern National Homeschool basketball tournie at Liberty... I'm not sure I want to do a thread project in the car on the ride upa nd back...

Suzy, Thanks! It is kinda different (instructions) just read thru them first, I'm glad I did. I usually don't, but being a vintage pattern...:D

Lavelle26, Thank You!!! You're a doll! :)

Lea, WOW! Have a great trip! Thanks too! ;)

***From now on, when ever you post a photo or blog link ect..with your finished Crinoline, (post progress too, I love pics!) I'll post your user name and post/blog/link in the second post of the thread. Just to make them easier to find. So grab a hook, post your progress, and have fun! I'll be starting my next one on friday!

I can't wait to see pics of everyone's crinoline ladies. :clap

*Geesh, I'm a nut, lol, I quoted the wrong quote! :D :D :rofl :rofl

I found out how to post the post links! Yay! So now they will appear in the second post. Great idea btw! Thanks ;) can't wait to see your photos! :manyheart

Yarnlover, I bet that is fun. I wish we had something like that around here. It would be so neat to get to sit around and crochet with fellow crocheters!

Guess what?.....Lavelle26 has made us a button! And it is very pretty! It will be in post # 2 as soon as she adds it. :D Thank you Lavelle26! ;)

Oh my. I love that sweet pea one. she is very pretty. I might have to make her instead!

I had to start my own stitching/crochet group. There are only 5 of us, but I'm hoping it will grow. We've been doing it for about a year now.

Better go order the sweet pea pattern now.....

These dolls are so beautiful! Does it take long to make one? It doesn't look like it takes very long. I had never even heard of them until recently.

Are these suitable for hanging on the wall?

Well I went to Spotlight tonight and bought some thread. I then went and bought the wreath,xmas,easter,sweetpea,valentine,pilgrim and the red and purple patterns. I couldnt just buy one pattern.:D

Now looking at the patterns the easter one looks the easiest. I havent used thread before and I havent used a smaller hook size than a 3.5mm before either so it will be interesting to see how I go.

How is everyone else going.

Are these suitable for hanging on the wall?

I am planning on framing mine and hanging them on the wall. I don't quite know how I plan to do this yet, but that is my goal. Does anyone know how to go about this???

I already have a couple of crochetmemories patterns but I KNOW I don't have the Sweat Pea one and she looks simply gorgeous. I may have to buy her. I also noticed the Irish Crinoline and she may need to added to my collection as well. So many choices. I can hardly wait. :D

I plan on framing mine and hanging her in my bathroom. I think they would be beautiful sewn to velvet board. That is what I do with my name doilies. I always mount them on velvet board. Gives them a richer look.

I plan on framing mine and hanging her in my bathroom. I think they would be beautiful sewn to velvet board. That is what I do with my name doilies. I always mount them on velvet board. Gives them a richer look.

Got any pics? I'd love to see 'em! Do you cover some kind of board with velvet? What do you mean, "name" doilies. (I've been told there's no such thing as dumb questions??? :lol )

But nobody answered one of my other questions. Do these dolls take long to make?

By name doilies, I mean people's last names crocheted with thread like a doily. You can buy mat board that has a layer of velvet on top. It isn't like velvet fabric. I have mine hanging on my wall at home. I'm not sure if I can take a good enough picture through the glass to show the velvet board....but I'll try. ;)

I have not made one of the crinoline ladies yet. I hope to start mine tomorrow night. I have the thread and hook ready to go. How long does it take to make--anyone??

Sorry Jeannie, I just now had a few minutes to hop on the pc today. They take a few afternoons, if you are really ambitious, you could do one in a day. To frame them is pretty. I framed a heart doily and I just ironed it with starch, then put 2 or 3 small dots of tacky glue onto the back and attached it to scrapbook paper, then placed a matt over it and into the frame it went. The mat gave it just enough space between the glass so it didn't squish it. will frame a few of these too, just as soon as I buy some frames. Everytime I go to the store, I just seem to forget. They are an old time southern tradition. You can see them in old linens from plantations and such. ;)

Got any pics? I'd love to see 'em! Do you cover some kind of board with velvet? What do you mean, "name" doilies. (I've been told there's no such thing as dumb questions??? :lol )

But nobody answered one of my other questions. Do these dolls take long to make?

I already have a couple of crochetmemories patterns but I KNOW I don't have the Sweat Pea one and she looks simply gorgeous. I may have to buy her. I also noticed the Irish Crinoline and she may need to added to my collection as well. So many choices. I can hardly wait. :D

I know, isn't the Sweet Pea one just darling!

Archived