Crinoline Lady CAL photo links post # 2

heart

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarah she is so pretty. Have you framed her?

What is everyone doing with theirs. Im not sure what to do with my easter lady at this stage.

I have finished the apron on the pilgrim and now going to start the skirt, which starts on the apron, sounds complicated.

:U Thak you. I haven't framed her, she is a gift for a friend. She just moved into a bigger house and is doing her kitchen in red, and I think strawberries. She received a bunch of kitchen appliances in red for Christmas, so I thought this would be a nice addition. She lives in Ohio, so I may have to wait till we take a trip back to give it to her. I'm nervous about framing her, and mailing her. I thought about sending her by UPS or FedEx. She was a fun pattern to do. I really liked this one. I did 2 in red, it is not one of my usual colors, so it was a pleasant experience to work with it. I usually only use red for specific holidays. I made this one, I believe in Feburary. I can't wait to give her to Tiffany. She is a friend of my husbands family, and my husband's mother actually taught her to crochet when she was a child. How neat is that? :U

Jeannie, I'm glad you finished the dress. I know you've been working on it for awhile. I have one from the Frilly Frocks book and I really need to find the time to work on it again too.

Is someone doing the christmas one? The one that looks like an angel? I'm anxious to see how that one turns out. I like that one but I'm confused by the front wing--is it covering the face???

Hi Teresa! I did start the Christmas Angel and asked Cylinda about the doily. There are 2 wings to make but they are attached so as to give it a bit of a dimensional effect. The doily is flat. The halo is laid out flat at a tilt and sewn or glued on...also giving it that bit of dimensional effect. There is not a face...could probably fix one though. You gonna try to make it?

I was almost through row 17 when I noticed a critical error back near the end of row 14. So I lost a few rows. It probably wasn't all that critical...I might have been able to compensate but I'm too much of a perfectionist! :D

So, I have put it down in favor of finishing a couple of on-going projects and doing the Spring Time Thread Mystery CAL.

:manyheart:hug

I don't own the Angel one yet. I can't wait to see yours finished though. Perhaps that will give me an incentive.

Right now I'm making another little bear out of thread. I'm anxious to finish her. I'll be posting her soon under thread crochet. I'll let you know when she is done. I'm excited about this one.

Then maybe another crinoline lady.

My daughter is working on the Spring Time Girl. On page 4 of the pattern is goes from Row 6 to Row 9 with nothing being mentioned about Rows 7 & 8. Is this just a typo?

Here is my Mini Crinoline Lady from Maggies Crochet. The link to purchase this pattern is in the first post. I ordered it on a friday, and received it on the next thursday. So It didn't take too long. She worked up rather quickly. I'm going to make a few more to add to the fleece blankets for the pregnancy center. The last time I took items there, I had a pink fleece blanket with a white crocheted edge on it, and in opposite corners was an irish rose w/ leaf, and a Crinoline Lady in white. They loved it, and these are so little only about 5". It is in a burgandy wine color, and mint green. It looks neon on here, my scanner really brightened the mint and darkened the burgandy. The mint is really pale, just a few shades from white. I wish it had shown up the "true" color. Here she is... Clickable

th_minicrini.jpg

I don't own the Angel one yet. I can't wait to see yours finished though. Perhaps that will give me an incentive.

Right now I'm making another little bear out of thread. I'm anxious to finish her. I'll be posting her soon under thread crochet. I'll let you know when she is done. I'm excited about this one.

Then maybe another crinoline lady.

I hope you don't have to wait too long! I'm kind of slow at these things!

My daughter is working on the Spring Time Girl. On page 4 of the pattern is goes from Row 6 to Row 9 with nothing being mentioned about Rows 7 & 8. Is this just a typo?

You're talking about the bodice, right? Rows 1-7 for the bodice and that's it...7 rows for the bodice. Just making sure!

Has anyone done the pilgrim lady.

Im having problems with row 10. After row 9 you have 16ch 5 sps which I have. Then the next row all your doing is ch6counts as first dc and ch3 and then continue with ch5 and sc into space at end of row ch3 and dc in last sc. Im supposed to have 16ch 5 sps/2ch 3 sps. I get 15ch 5sps and 2 ch 3 sps.

Sarah. I love you mini lady. And the colors are beautiful. (I can see the pale mint in my head ;) ) It is so olf-fashioned looking. (in a good way, of course.)

Sarah that is lovely. Will you show us the finished blanket with the ladies on them.

Sure thing! :) I have some pale blue fleece, and this fluffy pink fabric, it is almost like a new fluffy towel, I will have to decide if either if these will work, or else I will need to buy something else.

I do have a photo of the one I spoke about earlier, of the Crinoline on it, but I didn't photograph the Irish Rose. Let me see if I can find it and get it uploaded. I have a few errands tis morning. So I will be back in a bit with the photo.

I did want the pilgram lady, bit I decided to go with the Maggies Crochet pattern. E-mail Cylinda, the designer of Crochet Memories, she is very sweet and replies back quickly. As we have found out. :U

Thank You Anna! :manyheart She is very reminiscent, I purposfully chose the mint, instead of the white or cream I usually choose, I thought of chosing black, I know it sounds a little off, but I think it might be pretty. We shall see. :hook

Here's the one on the blanket. She is the first one I've ever made. I posted it here I think it was in November. I used # 3 thread for the scllop border, and put the sts in the blanket st around. She is done in trusty old # 10 thread! I think I will get some # 20 and try one of these patterns in that. Who knows...maby sewing thread! :D I just have to get a smaller hook. Anywho...here she is...clickable

th_thanksgiving0600012.jpg

Very pretty Sarah. That is such a lovely idea to put them on blankets. What a beautiful heirloom that will be.

hey girls...just checking in. I am done with the crinolines for now. I just love the Mystery CAL that Sarah did. Good job, Sarah! And I LOVE that girl you did ..the Maggie's pattern. All of you work is just beautiful.

OK off to weave in the ends of my basket and get that thing starched!!!1

I have been to the antique store today and boy...let me tell you about inspiration!!! I have finally decided that I WILL be making a Crinoline Lady quilt. When??? I don't know. Sometime in the next 50 years hopefully. :lol Seeing all those old heirlooms and beautiful treasure sure has inspired me. I even saw crocheted tablecloths for $50. Can you believe it??? I wouldn't charge less than $2,000 for something like that. (which is probably why I am still poor. :shrug ) Anyways, if you ever want inspiration, check out your local antique shop. ;)

Archived