Crinoline Lady CAL photo links post # 2

heart

Thanks Teresa for that information, now I have an idea about how to get started. :)

Jeannie, I would just do (in the indicated st or sp, sc, ch3, sc, in the same sp. ) That will give you the look of the picot, with out the fuss of doing picote. I don't like to do them either. ;)

About the gallery, If anyone wants to make it that is great. I'll have to find some time and try and figure it out. I've been busy all this week. I haven't posted much b/c it's been so busy around here. Hopefully nexk week I'll have some more time. ;)

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Sarah! I don't mind making the picots, I just don't particularly like the way they look but I guess on the Christmas Angel, they're okay. I don't know what else I'd do there...I'm not the creative type.

I took a look online at our county fair and it said for crocheted items, they had to be original designs. I sent them a message asking for clarification. After all, the Christmas Angel is an original design...it's just not mine! But the one I make is an original, right? Come on, let's hear it! :cheer:clap

:manyheart:hug

Here is my latest Crinoline Lady....she's clickable.

th_blackandpinkcrinoline.jpg

She doesn't actually lean that far forward, I scanned her, so I couldn't adjust her very well. This is a pattern from Maggies Crochet, for purchase. The link is in the first post of the thread.

Not working too good. I'm going to have to save up and buy a new one. :(

My camera, I think, is the 1st Kodak digital ever made! And sometimes I think it's on its way out. :photo

:yay I finished the skirt for the Christmas Angel Crinoline! :cheer:clap Now on to 7 rows for the bodice, 12 rows for one sleeve, 12 rows each for 2 wings, 1 round for the halo, and using metallic thread, 1 row for wing trim, skirt trim and 1 round for halo trim. Then the fun finishing and placement of the pieces parts. Whoopee!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! :)

Ok, Now I'm somewhat committed to making another crinoline lady for the state fair! I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and bought a 12x12 inch shadow box. I priced the suede board and it is $9 for a 12x12 piece!Woah! but it will be worth it. The frames/shadow boxes were 50% off yesterday. After I make my lady then I'm going to back to pick out the board to mount her on. I was going to make her two tone, but now I think that would make it harder to choose the background color. She was going to be sage and ecru. They have a really pretty sage board. Better get busy!

I'm doing the Spring crinoline and her skirt is almost done. I am not happy with it. It shows how imperfect my stitches are on the chaining between pineapples. Sometimes I seem to crochet chains tighter than other times. Maybe once she's blocked she'll look better, but I might make the Easter one again for competition instead.

I am making her in ecru and thought I'd trim her in white. My white thread is too stiff and so I can't get the stitches tight enough. Also the white doesn't show very well against the ecru. :( I'm bummed!! Maybe I'll try a different color for the trim.

I'm sure she will be beautiful Teresa. Maby go with something bright and unusual for the trim color. Just to change it up a bit. Or your origional sage, b/c that does look nice with a ecru next to it. Thanks to Catheryn, I now have some ecru colored thread to work with. It is called antique lace, but it looks ecru.

I'm doing the Spring crinoline and her skirt is almost done. I am not happy with it. It shows how imperfect my stitches are on the chaining between pineapples. Sometimes I seem to crochet chains tighter than other times. Maybe once she's blocked she'll look better, but I might make the Easter one again for competition instead.

I am making her in ecru and thought I'd trim her in white. My white thread is too stiff and so I can't get the stitches tight enough. Also the white doesn't show very well against the ecru. :( I'm bummed!! Maybe I'll try a different color for the trim.

TERESA, YOU CAN DO IT! I know it's a real bummer trying to get those chains even! It is so tough! I try paying real close attention and if my tension loosens up and all of a sudden I see a big loop-de-loo (they don't call me loopy for nothing! :lol ), I'll rip out just that little bit and get it right. And you can do that, too! :cheer:clap

Are the ecru and white the same size and brand? Remember, I said before that Cylinda told me that sometimes the threads aren't consistent which is another bummer! So probably a different trim :yarn color is best.

So, let the :artist in you come out. You'll get it! And we'll all be celebrating your Blue Ribbon!

p.s. not to deflate your enthusiasm, but did you check if the entry had to be your original design? Did you read my post that my county fair requires that?

Thank you! And I hope you and your family did, too!

I always have a lovely Easter! For people like us, it's Christmas and Easter every day of the year, right?

PRAISE THE LORD!

Did you see my thread about my daughter finding a lump that feels perfectly round to her? And it doesn't hurt. The nurse said that wasn't a good sign. She has a dr. appt. at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow. I know you'll keep her in your prayers. Thank you!

She's in my prayers too Jeannie! Please let us know what you find out. :hug

Our fair does not require that it has to be original designs. Just that it has to be entered by the person who made the project. I remember last year seeing a lot of items that I have patterns for or have made myself --especially doilies. I'd never be able to compete in a fair that required me to come up with my own design! I'm not that good!

She's in my prayers too Jeannie! Please let us know what you find out. :hug

Our fair does not require that it has to be original designs. Just that it has to be entered by the person who made the project. I remember last year seeing a lot of items that I have patterns for or have made myself --especially doilies. I'd never be able to compete in a fair that required me to come up with my own design! I'm not that good!

Thanks, Teresa, for the prayers. I'll be sure to let you guys know when she gets her appt for the mammogram. Hopefully it will be this week.

That's great that you can enter the fair! I just know you'll win! I emailed our county fair and asked about the original design thing but I haven't heard back from them. Will have to bug 'em again, I guess.

Yeah, Sarah, I saw Cylinda's new crinoline design in the newsletter. Very pretty as is all of her designs!

Oh Suzy, I don't know. It would take some time. I love the sleeves, they are really big and puffy on the top. I may buy her after a bit, I have a bunch of little things I really want to finish up, maby get it and just make the Crinoline, that skirt is amazing! We shall see...temptation may get the better of me this time! ;)

Yeah Jeannie, that's where I saw it too. I was just on the site yesterday and this wasn't up yet. It must have went up with the newsletter. Sooo glad it did, it is beautiful.

Archived