Yarn Addicts Cal

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no mandy we dont have to count all our stash, it was just a idea?

i would be there for a while too and i would definately loose count :lol

:welcome HookerfrmCA dont forget to share :photo and idea's on what your making with your new yarn :)

Well, I went to Hobby Lobby again yesterday and bought more yarn :eek

I didn't buy as much as I did the day before. I only bought 10 skeins yesterday. And I had to buy 2 new hooks since 2 of mine mysteriously disappeared. I'm just trying to figure out which one(s) of the cats did it.I have it narrowed down from 4 cats to 2 that are the guilty ones. Who knows when they will show up again :think

My son came home from college yesterday for spring break. I warned him before he went into his room that things are a little different in his room. He thought I meant the cats had re-arranged his room (knocked stuff over, messed up the bed, etc). So he went into his room, came out a minute later shaking his head. I have taken over part of his room for my stash:lol. I figure that since he is away at college, and even when he comes home, he's never here, I can use the space. All he asked of me was to leave him a path from the doorway to the closet and bed and he'd be happy.

ok guys and gals

i will be posting the winner on sunday night in AUSTRALIA which shoould give everyone enough time to post your score i think ??

i think sunday night should be rufly sat night ish in america??

:lol im not to sure

While my smiley looks like this in the other CAL :blush

I can post :cheer here... +16 for me, I NEEDED 8 skeins... they were of particular colors/brands I needed :devil

I don't think I'll be doing any more shopping no matter what time zone we're in, so +216 for me this week.

Well. I've been at it again. This time I bought 8 skeins of Patons Zhivago in Jet Black. It was just so soft, I couldn't resist. Not sure what I'm going to make with it, it'll probably sit in my stash until I can get more to add to it, and make an afghan with it. So that's 16 for the start of the new week.

May I join. I haven't done so well in the stash busting CAL so I think this one is more suited to me. LOL. I have purchased 15 skeins this week so my score will be 30

May I join you here. I haven't been very good at the stash busting CAL so I think this is more for me. LOL I purchased 10 skeins on Monday and 5 today so a score of 30

ok guys and gals

i will be posting the winner on sunday night in AUSTRALIA which shoould give everyone enough time to post your score i think ??

i think sunday night should be rufly sat night ish in america??

:lol im not to sure

Clare its 7pm here sunday night and its Sunday 3am in America. You can go to this site to see the difference in time zones.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?continent=namerica

ok we have a few contestants on here this week, and hopefully more to come :yes i have gone off your siggys or when you posted your score

AND THE WINNER IS.....drum roll please....

Nght - with a total of 216:cheer

2nd place goes to dreamsofyarn - with a total of 86:cheer

and third place is mandy73 - with a total of 16

well done :cheer

i bought NONE:eek i think i will make a doctors appointment ASAP there must be something wrong with me, im letting the team down ;)

Congrats to the winners.

Clare what doctor are you seeing as I need to make an appointment as well. I didnt buy anything this week also. I will need to go to Spotlight this coming Saturday to get more off my woolbank. I just missed out on 16 balls of zhivago for 20dollars on ebay.

No, I definitely don't think it's just you hun... what's it mean when I call home from work & DD tells me that UPS dropped 2 boxes on the porch & I tell her to hide them before her father gets home?? :think

Whatever it means, it didn't work anyway. She put them under the dining room table :oops and since he got home before I did, when I did get there he wanted to know if the other 2 boxes (from 2 weeks ago) had multiplied!? Ummm yeah, they MIGHT'VE! :devil Yarn is a lot like rabbits, no? Sure it is, I sometimes pet mine :rofl

LOL! I had a similar situation this week. Normally, my UPS comes before my husband gets home from work, so it's not a problem. He knows I buy yarn, but I always feel guilty when the boxes come and he sees them. I prefer for him to believe that the stash just grows on its own.

Anyway, this week he's been sick, so he took Friday off, and that's the day my Joann order came. Their shipping is so darn fast that I got my order literally next day, so I had to tell him to watch out for UPS, since I was going to be at work. Here's the kicker. He was in the garage all day and didn't even know UPS came. I could have picked up the boxes from the porch and taken them in, unloaded the yarn into my bins and been done with it, and he'd never know! :lol

I can't post pictures right now (digi cam is at home)... but I went seriously overboard yesterday. :hook

What happened is that 1) I had to pick up daughter at airport in nearby city 2) nearby city has a Joanns (which we do not have in my area 3) daughters plane was delayed by several hours. 4) I bought yarn to keep me occupied while waiting.

Her 3:44 flight ended up getting in at 10:30pm.. spent the night in hotel rather than driving home in the dark that late.

Umm.. I don't know exactly how many skeins of TLC Essentials I bought.. will have to count them when I get home...I think it was about 18. (in colors of surf & turf, winterwhite, nutmeg and a turquoise bluish green..won't those make a pretty afghan?) But I know I bought 5 skeins of BabyClouds, 3 Caron pounders, 5 3oz Wintuk, 2 Joann's rainbow classic and 1 orphan TLC in SageMary.

So.. what is my count ..if my TLC estimate is correct?

Hi all - my name is Ginny and I, too, am a :yarn addict. :yes I would like to join this CAL. I'm trying to get control of my addiction through stash busting, and while I plan to continue to try that I really really like the idea of showing pictures of our :yarn and sharing PROJECT IDEAs. :clap :clap I love to do that on my blog.

I have 3 posts I'd like to share with all of you.

One from my older stash,

one from the JCA Craft warehouse sale and

one from the Westminster Yarn warehouse sale.

Enjoy the photos and I always love to hear what others have planned or what you think of my ideas!

I should have posted last week, if I had known I would have. I bought 59 skeins of yarn last week. I was on a serious yarn binge. I went to my local LYS, JoAnn's, AC Moore and Ocean State Job Lot -- oohh I didn't count those skeins - wait a minute!!! 19 - so that makes 78 skeins last week. I puposely did not join stashbusting CAL because I knew I'd fail miserably :no I have used 6 of those skeins so far..... Glad to know I am not alone in my addiction. DH lets me be and does not mention it. Although he may sigh and roll his eyes on occasion. But he has probably 1000 CD's (although he did work/own the store) Together we also buy books which we also have a bazillion of, too:yes

Where does everyone keep all their yarn.

I have two drawers in my bedroom full of yarn. Then the top shelf in the cupboard I have some there and the rest is in bags at the bottom of the cupboard. hmm I really need a proper cupboard for it all. I may have to clean out the spare room cupboard and use that.

hi tammyg ~ :welcome wow with that kind of yarn shopping you are bound to win a prize or two ! :lol

Aussie~ i keep mine in plastic tubs, and in a cupboard, and anywhere i can fit it :lol

Archived