Yarn Addicts Cal

OK, here goes

My name is Clare and i am a yarn addict!

I carnt stop buying yarn, i love it

i did join the "stash busting CAL" but i am failing miserably:(

so i thought i would start a CAL for all those others out there that have a yarn addiction too:yes

the idea is not to buy more yarn:lol but to share photos's of what you have bought, idea's on what your making, what specials you snapped up etc

each week will have a winner, which will go to the person that buys the most yarn :cheer

so if you buy or inherit or are given yarn:

Each skien is worth 2 points

each ball or smaller is worth 1

pounders worth double points !!! ~ 4 points

balls of thread is 1 point

the week will start on sun and finish on the sat like the STASH BUSTING CAL to make it easier to remember to post

but dont worry you can still compete in the stashbusting cal, this one will just make all the people that carnt stash bust feel better:D

please post your scores to win

this CAL is supposed to be fun so just use ya head when it comes to scoring, no hard questions please :lol

so who's gona join me ?:clap

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I definitely don't think it's just you hun... what's it mean when I call home from work & DD tells me that UPS dropped 2 boxes on the porch & I tell her to hide them before her father gets home?? :think

Whatever it means, it didn't work anyway. She put them under the dining room table :oops and since he got home before I did, when I did get there he wanted to know if the other 2 boxes (from 2 weeks ago) had multiplied!? Ummm yeah, they MIGHT'VE! :devil Yarn is a lot like rabbits, no? Sure it is, I sometimes pet mine :rofl

lol i tried the stashbusting too was making a little progress but not as much as i wanted this is more up my alley since i'm trying to start a buisness crocheting afghans. Luckly i dont have the problem where i have to "hide my yarn" if my bf complains of all the yarn ill just complain about the 42 and counting guitars lol he is a musician :) his obsession with guitars is as bad as my obsession with yarn count me in clare your so evil lol

Hmm...I guess I fit in this Cal Perfectly!!

My name is Beth and I am a Yarn Addict!

I guess that's why I call myself YarnDiva :rofl

I have 99% cotton thread on cones so the stash-bustin' CAL is not really working for me although I am trying to use up one cone at a time by winding them into balls and using multiple strands, still I digress...

LOL I wish I had the funding to seriously compete in this one! Unfortunatly i'm a poor college kid! buy hey what the heck... If I ever get money to go on a yarn spree ill be sure to post it here!! On my side, my mom is always on the lookout for good yarn deals for me!! so maybe I have a slight chance??

I did buy two skeins of black yarn this week to use on my stain glass window afghan! so I guess here I would be +4 so far! lol

I think this is a great idea for all the yarn addicts around (me included, can't wait until I have my degree and am working for more than 6 bucks an hour!!)

I was just thinking the other day that someone should start up something for all the people getting yarn. lol. I might have to join this one when I get around to building up a stash and the money for doing so. As it is I don't have much stash to bust or money to build it up lol.

My hubby never says any thing to me about the yarn because he plays music and has lots of guitars. Besides I have to have something to do while I am sitting waiting for him when he is playing music at all the retirement centers. I just can't resit buying yarn and playing with it. This is were I belong not in the other stash buster. I buy it at yard sales, thrift stores and any were else they sell it.

Glenda

Clare, you stole the thought right out of my head.

I went out today and bought yet another 20 skeins of yarn today and was thinking about how my stash busting score is like -160 or something already.

I've given up on the stashbusting, it's just not going to happen for me.

I'll happily join this one. Can I include the yarn I bought this week, or just what I've bought from today?

Ok, I thought I would show some pictures of what I have bought this week.

Today I bought 10 skeins each of the below yarn.

clinker.jpg

Earlier I bought 14 skeins of this yarn.....

ropeyarn.jpg

Then prior to that I bought an additional 8 balls of the below (to add to the 18 balls of the same I had bought a few weeks ago)

countrysilk.jpg

Somehow I feel much better for getting this off my chest!

Mind you, on Friday night I ordered 20 skeins of Caron Simply Soft in off white, 20 skeins of Caron Simply Soft in Sage and 10 skeins of Red Heart Pounders in the verigated rose.

So when that arrives that's another 50 skeins.

Then I remembered that I ordered 20 balls of yarn from a craft co-op that my sister belongs to. That hasn't come yet either.

I really think I have an illness. I know my husband thinks I do!

So people, show me some pictures of what you've bought lately.

How about we count the yarn in our stash?

I know some of us can't count all of it in one day so....

Whaddya thunk?

that sounds like a kool idea......maybe if we know how much we have then it might deter us from buying more............naaaaaaaa:lol

it might taje me a while to count mine:blush

lots of photo's tooo would be good

but the score is only for the yarn that we buy

include the yarn that we have bought all this week :hook

ropeyarn.jpg

Somehow I feel much better for getting this off my chest!

I really think I have an illness. I know my husband thinks I do!

So people, show me some pictures of what you've bought lately.

BUSTED you have been to spotlight???? coz i bought 10 balls of this tooooo:clap

this is like Y A yarn anominus (spelling?) talking about our illness makes you feel better :D

i have been a yarn addicted for 4 years now and i use every day

here are some happy snaps of what i could get access to, th other stuff is the attic and i carnt get up there without my bf, he is out at the moment

i will get the other pics when i can

the ones with the blue background is what i found beside the bed

brown background beside the lounge

and the red background in the cupboard

i counted the full balls/skiens and i got 363 and there is probably 30 or so little balls/scaps :faint

IMG_1061.jpgIMG_1063.jpgIMG_1065.jpgIMG_1066.jpgIMG_1067.jpgIMG_1068.jpgIMG_1069.jpgIMG_1070.jpgIMG_1071.jpgIMG_1072.jpg

oh my hahaha

clare you started this cal and you know you are gonna win :rofl

i can`t join or i`ll be loseing too much because we don`t have that much of yarn shop and the one`s we have don`t bring good brand

i`ll be there for encourgeing :2rock

For anyone who didn't see it in the other CAL, this is the stash I got from Smiley's this week http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=666763#post666763 There are 100 skeins in there... a couple different cottons, RH Symphony, Hokey Pokey, Homespun, Color Waves, Polar Spun & sum other stuff, I liked the color of :blush There's links in there to the 50 skeins of Baby Clouds & 60 lbs of Chenille from 2 weeks ago. I've never even USED chenille until that purchase, why the HELLO would anyone buy SIXTY POUNDS?!??? :help DH might be right, I *think* I have issues :rofl

Take pix of our stashes?? :eek

Yeah... and I ummm... won an ebay auction last night for 250+ skeins of yarn & thread, I guess I'll wait to count that when it comes in :think

Well, I think I may have to bow out of this CAL since we (hubby & I) are taking a Financial Peace University course by Dave Ramsey so extra yarn is a :no for now :cry

Besides, I really would love the chance to use up my stash and to use the time I would have used for yarn shopping crocheting.

I will just enjoy yarn stash vicariously through those who post in this CAL

Thanks for starting this Clare!!

Holy Cow Clare! You have some great looking yarn.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be taking pictures of all mine....I seriously don't have the space to lay it all out,and it's stuffed in a wardrobe and a couple of tubs.

If I count just what I've bought since Saturday then I've got 180 points already!

BUSTED you have been to spotlight???? coz i bought 10 balls of this tooooo:clap

this is like Y A yarn anominus (spelling?) talking about our illness makes you feel better :D

So I've been sprung have I? Spotlight is an evil place for me at the moment. I can't seem to go anywhere without buying yarn.

Trouble is, I buy enough each time to make an afghan, so it's not just a few skeins here and there, I buy like 20-40 skeins at a time!

This is an addiction and I must be stopped. I think I have more yarn right now than what I can ever use, but for some reason, I know I'll buy more.

Archived