Yarn Addicts Cal

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where does everyone keep all their yarn.

I have two drawers in my bedroom full of yarn. Then the top shelf in the cupboard I have some there and the rest is in bags at the bottom of the cupboard. hmm I really need a proper cupboard for it all. I may have to clean out the spare room cupboard and use that.

I have a spare bedroom that we use as a den / craft room. The kids call it the reading room as we curl up and read stories on the futon couch nightly. Well they read, I stare at my stacks of 10 large clear sterilite containers full of yarn and dream... (btw, it's organized by fiber content and yarn weight....)

I absolutely love the idea of keeping a yarn score. I will really enjoy the posts and will probably share some pictures of my recent purchases, but I know I will never keep up with you all. Especially since my current yarn addiction is running in the hand-dyed sock yarn category which tends to be pricey. So I try to limit myself a bit. Now if we were keeping track of who spent the most money, maybe then I might have a shot.

That being said, I still bought 11 skeins last week, and have more coming from Etsy and Ebay:eek . I really haven't bought anything for a month before that, maybe that's why the splurge. What it was is that I signed up for the wool swap, so that gave me permission to shop. Of course I ended up buying way more for myself as well. Oh well!!!

OK - I'm probably weird :yes , but what I love about my :yarn stash is the projects I "see" when I look at it. :c9 I love trying to match up projects to my stash. Does anyone else? Does anyone want to share ideas about what they want to make with particular yarns?

I have been wanting to join the bedsprad cal, and I'm getting close to deciding on a pattern (sometimes it takes me a while!). Anyway, once I do, I'm going to buy some yarn. I was thinking TLC Cotton Plus, but I haven't decided on a color yet (probably either Lavender or Kiwi). While this will hurt my stashbusting score, it can only help my Yarn Addict score! :lol

All over the place:eek I have (I think - trying to count in head, it is too cold to go downstairs) in basement I have2 large sterlite tubs, 4 medium tubs - with sorted by color yarn. 2 small thread tubs - which I bought a couple years ago, but never used. In spare room, I have 2 large tubs, 3 small tubs of cotton, 1 basket of WIP's, 4 baskets of "new" yarn, 1 crate of charity yarn, 5 bags (last week's purchase of yarn not sorted). I have 2 large tubs in living room of Red Heart - this is what I am making student scarves with. 1 large basket next to my bed with misc yarn in it and about 5 bags of WIP's. I think that is it......:help As you can see I am drowning in yarn.

Hello my name is TammyG and I am a yarn-holic. It has been 3 days since my last purchase of :yarn (Almost stopped at AC Moore this afternoon)

I have my yarn in my living room, my bedroom, my kitchen, and my son's room. He is away at college, so I thought I'd utilize his empty space :lol

I stopped at 2 stores today on my way home from work and bought some yarn:eek

I was a pretty good girl today. I only bought 10 skeins. My daughter and I are going shopping tomorrow, and there are 3 stores that sell yarn very close to where we will be. I wonder how much I'll buy tomorrow :think

Hi, my name is Mel, and I'm addicted to yarn. It has been 4 hours since my last purchase of yarn :lol

I have been wanting to join the bedsprad cal, and I'm getting close to deciding on a pattern (sometimes it takes me a while!). Anyway, once I do, I'm going to buy some yarn. I was thinking TLC Cotton Plus, but I haven't decided on a color yet (probably either Lavender or Kiwi). While this will hurt my stashbusting score, it can only help my Yarn Addict score! :lol

Cool - I'm mostly a garment person, but our bedspread is really getting thin, so I was thinking about crocheting one. Have any pattern ideas?

I bought 2 1-pound of Caron. I love this yarn for some reason. 6 of Fancy Fur and 3 of a yarn with sequins.

My name is TammyG and it has been 3 hours since my last purchase of yarn:wink

Cool - I'm mostly a garment person, but our bedspread is really getting thin, so I was thinking about crocheting one. Have any pattern ideas?

------------

I live in the South, so I need something that is very light and lacy - plus that's more to my taste. I don't want to work a bedspread in motifs, so probably some kind of repeating pattern.

I've been wanting get the 280 Crochet Shell Patterns book (http://tinyurl.com/yr854b), because I love shell patterns, and I think I'd find something perfect in that. But right now I haven't started on a bedspread, and I don't have the perfect yarn in hand. Yet! :lol

Well, my daughter and I went on our shopping spree this evening. I thought that since I had her with me and she has a tendency to get bored looking at yarn after awhile, I wouldn't buy as much. WRONG!! Not only did I get the yarn I needed, wanted or just had to have, she found some she wanted, and already knows what she wants me to make out of HER yarn :eek. I bought another 10 skeins tonight.

She told me that since she had so much fun looking at all the yarn at all the stores, she wants to go to some more stores tomorrow after we get done at her Doctor's appointment (hopefully she will get her cast off) and after we leave the hospital after seeing my mom (she's having surgery tomorrow morning). YIPEE! I get to go yarn shopping again tomorrow.

Now, to figure out where this yarn addict will put all this new yarn :think

mel ~ :lol i went into BigW today and i didnt buy one ball !! :eek and they had some new lines in tooo

but i went in to a charity shop and managed to find some :yarn so my score so far this week is 5

:yay

how many points do i get for buying 3 bags each 1# of factory mill ends? Granted i used two of them already, but still have one left!!

last night i bought 4 discount skeins @ ac moore. two chunky chenille, a really thin white wool, and a marble (http://www.kertzer.com/Yarns/MarbleAllShades/tabid/79/Default.aspx) the heathers shade. all 1.50 each because they had no labels. i love the clearance bins....

mandy ~ i never see yarn in vinnies or anything, i think the volunteers snap it up quick......so IF i see it i grab it QUICK!!! they also make things to sell in the shop from the donated yarn

well thats what i think happens :lol

Well, I did it again today. I made the mistake of driving by JoAnn's and I just had to stop in. I bought 10 skeins of yarn today. I must be on a 10 skein kick this week :lol. The past 3 days I've bought 10 skeins a day.

I will be going to see my mom at the hospital tomorrow. And while I'm out, I will be going to either Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's (or both) :lol

Well, I did it again. I bought yarn today :eek

I went to Dollar Tree to get a few things for my mom (she's in the hospital, and not doing real well. She has a few complications from the surgery). While I was there, I saw some yarn. I just couldn't resist it. I found Lion Boucle and I just had to have some. I couldn't decide which color I wanted, so I got 5 different colors. I got blueberry, lime blue, rose, tutti fruitti and parfait. I bought 6 skeins of each, for a grand total of 30 skeins.

Then my son and I had to run to WM, and they had 2 skeins of it for $1, so I got those 2 too. So my total for the day is 32 skeins.

Now I have to decide what to make with the Boucle. Any suggestions?

I should be happy that it's not me buying the yarn this week, it helps me out in my other CAL :lol Would you believe NOT ONE skein this week?? :eek:fever

S'ok, I'm sure I'll make up for it next week! :scrachin

I thought I'd post a few pics of my newly acquired stash. This is about half of what I have bought this week. :eek The rest of this week's purchases are in bags and I am too tired to drag it all out.

I had to buy this new tote to put it all in :D

th_stash1.jpg

th_stash2.jpg

th_stash3.jpg

th_stash4.jpg

th_stash5.jpg

I had to make an emergency run to Hobby Lobby today. One of the cats ran off with my N hook, and that is the size I am using right now. And that is all that I bought today. I didn't buy any yarn :eek

One of the girls that works there told me to keep an eye on the clearance yarn. She said that next week they would be reducing it even more. At the HB near me, there is a lot of Lion Brand on clearance, along with lots of Yarn Bee. It will be another interesting week for me ;)

AND THE WINNER IS >>>> with a score of 124 - dreamsofyarn:cheer :clap:cheer

and with a score of 68, second prize goes to lisaizme :cheer:clap:cheer and with a score of 30, third prize goes to carousel :cheer:clap:cheer

WELL DONE TO ALL THE WINNERS

our weekly splurge this week was a total of 289 skeins/balls :yay :yay

some of us didnt buy any at all......whats going on?? your letting the team down :rofl

Archived