Yarn Addicts Cal

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well let me see ...who does every one think won this week??? well it was a slight bit obviouus ..:lol

1st Place - Nght - 1164:clap with that HUGE haul that just arrived in the mail ...right Nght ;)

2nd Place - Mrscrochetpants 270 :cheer

3rd Place - dreamsofyarn 164

CONGRATULATONS to all :clap:cheer

:eek I am shocked that I came in third! I thought that with everyone buying yarn from amazon, I didn't stand a chance!

Congratulations to Nght and to MrsCrochetPants :clap:clap:clap:clap

I finally got time to count all my yarn from the great amazon caper.. and I did indeed get all 89 skeins.. so my count for the week ending April 14-15 is 178. whoa.

I have NO points for this week & I won't be getting any! :eek

I am still waiting for the last box from amazon with 42 skeins & 3 hooks tho :sigh

well we have been slack :lol

1st prize ~ lisazme ~ 178 :clap

2nd prize ~ dreamsofyarn ~ 8 :yay

3rd prize ~ mrscrochetpants ~ 4 :woo

looks like we have been controling ourselves :lol

i havnt bought yarn for ages !!!

ok i have bought 1 skein of yarn :woo

aaaaaaaaaaaaand i have been given yes given 4 boxes of yarn ...from my friends grandma who carnt knit anymore......such a shame :(

but the good thing is I GET MORE YARN :woo

:dog im off to have a rumage and see what i have got in my boxes of goodies

My last box of yarn finally showed up! I've opened it & taken out my hooks, but haven't actually counted it yet or taken pix. So if it winds up being off I'll fix my numbers tomorrow when I go thru after work. In the meantime, +84 for me... I was missing 42 skeins :D

I'm a self confessed yarn addict!

Does 900gm's of pink cotton breeze and 1,000gm's of pistachio cotton and 1,000gm's of satsuma cotton count as anything for this weeks buy :yarn:blush

yes i think it does ......i am unsure on if they are balls or skiens etc but maybe one of the other peoples here can help you out ....and me too :)

Oh Clare.. how wonderful for the 4 boxes (and sad for the lady who can't knit any longer.. :( )

Hope you can post pictures

i have had a rumage and found lots of things ......lot of cotton, yarn and bits and pieces ....i am going to donate some of it as i will never use it .....but i got a few things for myself :woo

I had an opportunity to go to HL today.. and I raided the clearance yarns (wow.. do they have a ton on clearance here...tons of Caron Boule, crafters cotton, chenille, etc. etc.) I tried to be good and only buy stuff that I might someday use.. but it was difficult.

I bought 4 skeins RH Kids White, 4 skeins RH Kids in Camper (apparently a discontinued variegated.. can't find it pictured online) 2 skeins of "I Love This Yarn" in cream/off-white, and 1 skein of TLC Essentials Baby Yellow.

I doubt I will do any more yarn shopping this weekend, so this makes my total for the week ending April 21-22:

11 skeins = 22 points.

I went to a strore called "Stitches" in NYC. It was pretty nice, but of course yarn was a little expensive. So score for this week is:

7 balls = 7 from NYC

7 balls = 7 from Job Lot

so far, 14 points

i only got 6 this week. I am making 2 spiderman ghans for my 5 yoa nephews. I have one almost finished and got the rest last nite. I have made the mistake of putting all my yarn in buckets where the dh could see what i have and he was ok with it until last nite. Said why are you getting more yarn? I could not believe what i heard, he has never said anything like that before. I told him i had to have the yarn to make the birthday present for nephew #2 and he said what about that big box of yarn you just got from amazon.com last week? i am still trying to recover from it. I told him i still dont have all i need ever. the nerve of him...

I want to give it a try too. But don't have a stash yet...as a newbie I have maybe 4 skeins of yarn...will shortly buy more of my white red heart to finish the shawl i am working on...but stash here I come!:cheer

WIP

White shawl in ripple stitch

Pink shawl in treble stict

blue scarf (practice, really crooked, really like it)

Clare:

***, unbelievable! My stash is pitiful compared to yours...and I was under the mistaken impression that I should buy only what I would be working on...not! LOL

davesbaubie,,,

im not sure what post you read....:lol but i am sure that my scare has gone up heaps.....i think have over 1000 skeins now ....i think i have to STOP!!!!!!

in the last month i have only bought 2 skeins of yarn and i am so proud of myself......because with all seriousness i do have a yarn addiction and it ....was.....getting out of hand:blush now i am just focusing on making things:hook

Archived