Yarn Addicts Cal

Woo Hoo I got my Herrschner's Order in today - I earned 48 Points!!! - I was sad though 20 of the skeins I ordered they didn't have anymore

crochetknit001.jpg

6 Skeins of Caron Perfect Match - 7 oz Skeins - DK Grey

3 Skeins each of RH Super Saver - 7 oz Skeins - Light Sage & Claret

6 Skeins Caron Wintuk - 130 Yard Skeins - Evening Jewel Ombre

6 Skeins RH Super Saver Multi Color - 5 oz Skeins - Earth & Sky

This yarn was my Birthday Present to myself! My 26th Birthday is in 11 Days!!!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MrsCrochetPants

Those are beautiful colors of yarn, especially the variegated. I just love variegated yarn.

I guess I better update my score for the week. I almost forgot to do that :blush

look at what i found in the bottom of my basket when i sent into the local shop to buy 1 thing:lol i have no idea how they got in my basket :think really i dont :P

3 for $2

66 points for me :woo

s004.jpgs001.jpg

Hey Pam (aka MsCrochetPants).. what are you planning to do with the Earth & Sky yarn?

I just bought it's mate.. in TLC.. only there it's called Surf & Turf.. and can't quite decide what to make with mine (I also have Robin's Egg, Winter White & Mocha to go with it...)

Inquiring minds and all that. :)

I just LUV that Earth & Sky yarn... I can't wait until I decide what I wanna make with it so I can buy some :D

I did buy 4 skeins today, BUT... they were Caron lb'rs from Joann's for $4...

I always need more white!! +8 for now, until I can go thru those last 3 boxes :blush

Hey Pam (aka MsCrochetPants).. what are you planning to do with the Earth & Sky yarn?

I just bought it's mate.. in TLC.. only there it's called Surf & Turf.. and can't quite decide what to make with mine (I also have Robin's Egg, Winter White & Mocha to go with it...)

Inquiring minds and all that. :)

I haven't quite figured that out! I just bought it cuz it was pretty - I love Turquoise-y colors! - I am sure I'll end up putting it in an afghan or something - I will be sure to keep you posted!

I went back to JoAnn's today and bought more yarn :eek

I bought 6 Caron Pounders and 6 RHSS skeins.

So for the 6 pounders, that is 24 (double points for pounders) :clap and 12 points for the RHSS.

36 more points today :cheer:clap:cheer:clap

72 for the week so far...and it is only Tuesday :hook:yarn

I decided that I'd better take pix of the yarn stash that I was able to bring home (the rest still sits at the PO) :lol This is from the 6 boxes that came in & it fills 3 - 50 gallon tubs :think

I looked thru it a lit'l bit when I dumped 'em & man... there's stuff I've never heard of before, lotsa vintage stuff, some newer... I saw VillaWool - Saturn, it's an acrylic/mohair blend... not fuzzy like mohair usually is but fairly smooth & pretty colored too (green, purple & white)... LB Lido from France, Hayfield Carnival? That big donut lookin' thing in pic 1 is 200g of Courtelle Sweet made in France, an acrylic/mohair/wool blend. There's acrylic, thread, ribbon stuff, wool, blends.. seems to be lotsa mohair, boucle lookin' stuff, nylon... I think I've seen everything except cotton! :lol

Anyways... here's some pix. I know ya can't see it all real well, but it gives ya an idea

Load 1

Load 2

Load 3

Soon as I can sort thru some of this or squish it down to make room, I can bring the other 3 boxes home :blush

Good Golly Miss Molly, what a haul. Was this from an ebay auction or what?

Yup, sure was! :lol

I should've asked lots of questions about it, but ahh well... they can't all be great, right? :devil

I decided that I'd better take pix of the yarn stash that I was able to bring home (the rest still sits at the PO) :lol This is from the 6 boxes that came in & it fills 3 - 50 gallon tubs :think

I looked thru it a lit'l bit when I dumped 'em & man... there's stuff I've never heard of before, lotsa vintage stuff, some newer... I saw VillaWool - Saturn, it's an acrylic/mohair blend... not fuzzy like mohair usually is but fairly smooth & pretty colored too (green, purple & white)... LB Lido from France, Hayfield Carnival? That big donut lookin' thing in pic 1 is 200g of Courtelle Sweet made in France, an acrylic/mohair/wool blend. There's acrylic, thread, ribbon stuff, wool, blends.. seems to be lotsa mohair, boucle lookin' stuff, nylon... I think I've seen everything except cotton! :lol

Anyways... here's some pix. I know ya can't see it all real well, but it gives ya an idea

Load 1

Load 2

Load 3

Soon as I can sort thru some of this or squish it down to make room, I can bring the other 3 boxes home :blush

we get villawool and carnival overhere in oz

MAN that is a stash and a half !!!! :cheer i bet you just wanted to lay in it. or is that just what i do :P

:dogSomeone put a leash on MEL she is out of control!!! :lol

:eek:help

Load 1

Load 2

Load 3

Looks like I'm not the only one out of control! :lol:rofl:haha:laughroll

i bet you just wanted to lay in it. or is that just what i do :P

Not only could I lay in this stuff, I could prob'ly SWIM in it! :help

:rofl

another 38 points for me !!! :woo

i went shopping today with my mum and i was NOT planning on buying yarn ...no i am serious....and i went into the local cheap shop and there were 10 balls of novelty yarn/fun fur on special for 80c a ball, they are usally $1 -2 a ball so i grab all 10

and then i went into spotlight (craft fabric yarn etc shop) and i went in for 1 thing a patch for a jacket......and they has yarn on special for $2 and it was originally 5.99...i was going to get some when it first came out but i could justify the price :no

who can go past a great bargin ???

Well, I promised myself last week that I would not purchase anymore yarn till I finished off the several hundred balls I already own (no really!). But I went to spotlight and they were tossing out beautiful Katia cotton yarn for $5.00 a bag of 5 balls. usually $5.99 to $12.99 a ball. So naturally I just had to get some

My haul

45 balls of Katia 1 point each

12 skeins of wisp 2 points each

8 skeins carnival 2 points each

20 balls something pretty 1 point each

total points 105 points

and it's only Thursday

I'm BAD

WOW my spotlight had the cotton yarn by katia but it was $4 each ball !!! i was tempted coz i no that it was a good price

but i found the reallly chunky 'Gusto" for $2 :woo its the really pretty blue one

I have some additions to my yarn stash. I bought 2 more Caron pounders, 4 RHSS, and today I got my ebay purchase. I got 10 skeins of Lion Brand Micro Spun. So I get 36 points.

I have finished 2 ghans in 2 days, and have started 3 more :cheer

:yarn:hook

I picked up my ebay score yesterday... 24 skeins of Ultra-aire (very similar to dazzleaire in appearance & still in sealed bags ... 6 per bag) in Raspberry & Off-white.

Then to Walmart to get 2 more skeins to finish my blanket of roses afghan...

I've forgotten how to score this.. but if it's 2 points per skein then my total for this week is only 52...

I'm trying to be "good"...besides had two non-crocheting birthdays in the family this past two weeks..so had to save the budget for them..just a little.

I don't think I'll be buying any more yarn before tonight & I still haven't picked up the other 3 boxes... so my score for this week is 16. :)

Archived