Yarn Addicts Cal

WOW, this CAL is just right for me to join!

Hi, my name is Mel and I'm a yarn addict. It has been 3 hours since I last bought any yarn :lol

I stopped at Hobby Lobby today on my way home for work to get a few skeins of yarn and hit the jackpot! I found Yarn Bee Sweet Delight on clearance, so I had to buy some. I started out just getting one color, but when all was said and done, I bought all they had. I walked out with 28 skeins of it. I also bought 5 skeins of their new line of yarn, and of course I had to buy a new hook to go with it all ;)

I'll have to stash dive later and count the rest of the yarn that I bought this week.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I've updated my sig.... what are our weekly time frames Clare??

And why don't we have a Hobby Lobby here :huh

Maybe I can enlist DD to help with the tubs & get some pix... I can't make any promises tho, she is 15! :rolleyes

Can I join the circle.

My name is Wendy and Im a yarn addict its been 4 days since I last bought yarn......:lol

Wow Clare you are definitely addicted. You need a whole room just for your yarn.

:welcome:lol 4days! congratulations:clap

Ok, I've updated my sig.... what are our weekly time frames Clare??

And why don't we have a Hobby Lobby here :huh

Maybe I can enlist DD to help with the tubs & get some pix... I can't make any promises tho, she is 15! :rolleyes

:hi

because alot of us are in the stashbusting cal i was thinking the same as the "stashbusting CAL" sun to sat night? i think that is what they are doing? correct me if i am wrong:think

Well, I think I may have to bow out of this CAL since we (hubby & I) are taking a Financial Peace University course by Dave Ramsey so extra yarn is a :no for now :cry

Besides, I really would love the chance to use up my stash and to use the time I would have used for yarn shopping crocheting.

I will just enjoy yarn stash vicariously through those who post in this CAL

Thanks for starting this Clare!!

ohhhh sorry to see you go i though you would blow this cal out of the water!!! ;) darn uni course:angry but it is probably a good thing :yes it will save you some $$$$$$$

ill seeya around the ville :hi

Part of my stash:

th_showerstash.jpg

Another view, same stash:

th_halfshowerstash.jpg

This is only about half of my stash... btw.. this tub doesn't drain well, and no one was using it.. so I utitlized the empty space.

I have more in boxes in my closet.. then there's the 4 collapsible laundry totes full of vintage yarn..1 collapsible tote full of thread.. and then various boxes and bags kinda sorta hidden in the living room and in my van.

At least it's yarn and not a worse addiction.. right?

Well, I thought I would tally up my points for one tub of my yarn....and take pictures. I got a total of what would be 258 points. Note that none of this is what I have bought recently, but this goes back a couple of months....

yarn9.jpgyarn8.jpg

yarn7.jpgyarn6.jpg

yarn5.jpgyarn4.jpg

yarn3.jpgyarn2.jpg

yarn1.jpg

I can't believe this much yarn came out of one tub. Granted it's a massive tub, but I shudder to think about what's in my wardrobe now!

I also thought I would list it all....just for my reference.....

Lincraft Big Balls - 500gram skeins 2 x black, 2 x purple

Lincraft Flutter - 50 gram skiens 7 x burgundy/gold verigated

Spotlight Baby - 100gram skeins 9 x white,

Patons Big Baby - 100 gram skeins 9 x green/orange verigated

Patons Inca - 50 gram skeins (lovely alpaca, I forgot I had it!) 10xblue, 10x cream

Cleakheaton Tempo - 100 gram skeins 6 x brown

Sullivans Baby Touch - 25 gram skeins, 12 x cream, 12 x yellow

KMart Homemaker Carnival - 50gram skeins 4 x tan verigated

Panda Magnum - 100 gram skeins 6.5 skeins white, 1.5 skeins pink

Panda Astraka - 50 gram boucle skeins, 22.5 skeins cream

Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora - 50 gram skeins, 9 x Pink

Moda Dea Prezioso - 50gram skeins, 4.5 in gold and burgundy

Patons Rhumba - 50 gram boucle skeins, 2.5 verigated blue/red

Looking at all that, I can't imagine it. Just touching it all made me want to abandon all thoughts of work and sit and crochet all day, starting a new project with each yarn.

What's wrong with me? Maybe I should call an ambulance.

What's wrong with me? Maybe I should call an ambulance.

hey mandy if ya calling a ambulance can you swing on by my place :lol i have the illness too and i think it is contagous:yes

Ya think there's an international ambulance that could just come by & pick us all up?? I'd like to be locked up with others like me please! :loco

My stash will probably increase again tomorrow. I have lost a crochet hook, and of course it is a size that I don't have a duplicate of. So I will have to go to either Michael's or Hobby Lobby again tomorrow. Both are having good yarn sales, and since I can't resist yarn (especially when it is on sale), I'm sure I will be buying some.

I have 5 stores that I buy yarn from within 2 miles of where I work. Maybe I need to take a long vacation so I won't buy yarn for a while. My car seems to drive itself to the store (a lot of the time, I don't even remember driving there), so I will blame my yarn addiction on my car being on auto pilot. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :lol

My stash will probably increase again tomorrow. I have lost a crochet hook, and of course it is a size that I don't have a duplicate of. So I will have to go to either Michael's or Hobby Lobby again tomorrow. Both are having good yarn sales, and since I can't resist yarn (especially when it is on sale), I'm sure I will be buying some.

I have 5 stores that I buy yarn from within 2 miles of where I work. Maybe I need to take a long vacation so I won't buy yarn for a while. My car seems to drive itself to the store (a lot of the time, I don't even remember driving there), so I will blame my yarn addiction on my car being on auto pilot. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :lol

i can feel some buying coming on !!!:yes :yes :yay

5 stores...oooooooo :dreaming how lovleeeeeee

Yes, I will be buying again tomorrow. :lol:clap I just talked to a friend of mine and she wants me to try to make her a shawl. I have never attempted one, so this will be interesting. Plus I looked at all the projects I have going and I noticed I need more yarn for at least one of the afghan's I'm making. And I can never buy just one skein. If I bought just one skein, it would be so lonely on the way home to join my stash :( , so I have to buy at least 2 :yes

I've already bought quite a bit this week (33 skeins today alone), and the week isn't over yet :cheer

:eek I just noticed that I need to update my score. I only gave myself 1 point per skein, not two. So from today purchase alone, I have 66 :cheer:cheer

I went to Lincraft today, and despite the fact that they were putting out all the new season yarn, I didn't buy any. There was one though that was so unusual!

It was all furry and glittery. I had beautiful visions of a scarf or shawl...but, I was strong.

After touching and playing with some of my yarn this morning I realised I didn't need another shawl....not with that yarn anyway. I do need more afghan yarn though.

On a side note, something I noticed today. Some of the yarn I sorted through this morning was called Patons Inca...I paid $2.99 per skein. I just saw the exact yarn, in the exact colour in a British magazine for 3.40 pounds! Now we only get 33 pence to a dollar, so that would make the yarn nearly $11! Talk about a mark-up over there! $8 more per skein is just ridiculous.

The above story just proves why I should buy yarn on sale when I see it.

Hi everyone. Well I got home from work and waited till my hubby had taken my daughter to tennis practice and then I put all my yarn on the bed. I cant believe I have 108 balls of yarn. Are we starting fresh from when you buy yarn this week or is everyone adding up what they already have.

Hi everyone. Well I got home from work and waited till my hubby had taken my daughter to tennis practice and then I put all my yarn on the bed. I cant believe I have 108 balls of yarn. Are we starting fresh from when you buy yarn this week or is everyone adding up what they already have.

we are just adding the yarn we have bought since sun morning

we were just sharing pics of our stashes:hook

Can I join the circle.

My name is Wendy and Im a yarn addict its been 4 days since I last bought yarn......:lol

Wow Clare you are definitely addicted. You need a whole room just for your yarn.

i wish ihad a room just for me and my yarn:cheer

BUT we live in a tiny granny flat on the side of a HUGE shed, one day will build a house and i have already put in a request for a crochet room for me :dreaming

Okay, this weekend, I'm going to inventory my stash, and give an accounting on Monday. I don't have a digital camera, so no pictures are immediately forthcoming.

As for our score, are we starting fresh with what we purchase from when we joined this cal, or are we all going to give ourselves a boost and count our entire stash in our score?

Since I did purchase 6 skeins of yarn this week (which is why I have a negative weekly point count for the Stashbusting game), I'm going to count that as a weekly score of +12. Ooh, that makes me feel good inside! :lol

Hello, My name is Melissa and I am a yarn addict. It has been 2 days since I bought yarn and I am having withdrawls.:laughroll

Okay, I can get into this CAL much better than the stashbusting. I never stashbust, seems like if I bust one skein then I am replacing it with 2 more.

So far this week, my total is 12 and it is in a bag hiding in my car until I can put it in my stash so my husband will think it has always been there. :lol

As for our score, are we starting fresh with what we purchase from when we joined this cal, or are we all going to give ourselves a boost and count our entire stash in our score?

Since I did purchase 6 skeins of yarn this week (which is why I have a negative weekly point count for the Stashbusting game), I'm going to count that as a weekly score of +12. Ooh, that makes me feel good inside! :lol

we are just counting what we have bought from sun morning until sat night ....and then it is refreshed for the weekly score

and the total score is what we have bought from sunday morning and then it will just keep adding up as we go along

did that make any sence:think

Oh Clare....do I have to count it all???? :) :)

I did count one tub...but I'm not sure I can count the lot, I'll loose count.

When I get a few hours to myself, I'll see if I can manage it.

It's funny you mention wanting a crochet room when you build your house. When DH and I were looking at houses to buy I insisted that there be plenty of living space and a room with good light so I could crochet there. I also insisted on having a space for my stash. I never got to have a stash until we moved into this house.:c9

Archived