Yarn Addicts Cal

I. Could. Not. Take. It. Any. Longer!!! Stopped by Big Lots today, thankfully they had a few things I wanted... whew, too many days without fiber isn't good for you! LOL!

Got one more skein of Moonlight Mohair, 5 Carmen, and 1 Rag Doll. I wish they'd had more of these, but that was all they had of each of these three...

3447485181_0a78820ea3.jpg

So... another 14 little points for me... still waiting for yarn to come in the mail, hopefully it will get here soon!

Scores --

MANDI still in the lead! Yay Mandi!!! 42

Ferretlady jumps to 2nd place with 20

Krazy-Kittie pulls up a very tight third place with 18

Hope to see Debra jumping in here with her new goodies! Hmmm... will she blow us all out of the water???? Inquiring minds want to know... (and SEE pics too!)

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well I just got a deal,My mom had michieals sales paper and I needed yarn to start a quilt so I took it to Wal-mart and they matched the price.so I picked up what I need to get the job done. I now have 40 rolls of red heart and my friend just gave me 10 so for this week I have a total of 50 and have to check back because they didn't have enought of all the colors .This was a big spend for me.Have never done this before:yay

Woo, isn't that a pretty pile of yarn!!!

If you have a photo already on Photobucket (like this one), just pull up the photo, then go under the "Share" tab from the menu. Click the "get link code" tab there. One of the many options that show up is Direct Link for Layout -- several of the options will work actually, but that's at the top of the list so...

Just copy the code from there. Then when you are posting a message here, and you've hit the button to enter an image, you put that code in it.

Example - the link code for your photo looks like this (this is just the code line, typed in so you can see the code itself... )

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu13/emeraldjayne62/march09067.jpg

Do you see why your link in your message above didn't work? It wasn't complete - the system has no idea where "/emeraldjayne62/march....(so on) " is unless it has the full complete address. Same reason why you can't put in the location of the photo on *your* computer - the system can't connect directly to your computer to pull up the photo every time someone looks at the message.

You would do the same thing for photos stored at Flickr or at any other site - you just need the *complete* URL (web address) of where the photo is located at.

Here is your photo --- yay for LOTS of yarn!!!! Yikes -- your photo was ENORMOUS & filled the whole screen up (photobucket is displaying it at roughly half it's real size... but it shows full-size here - huge...)

, I can't find where Photobucket gives different sizes like Flickr does - so I took the liberty of resizing it down for you, hope you don't mind...

emeraldjayne.jpg

Okay, so I think I may be a winner this week. I bought 2 skeins of sugar n' cream and 12 skeins of red heart online. They just came in and I'm sooo excited!! Plus there is a garage sale down the street from me that is selling yarn. I bought 8 more skeins of red heart there. These are really neat since I found discontinued yarn that is 8 oz. instead of 7 oz. and 6 oz. of multi instead of the regular 5 oz. I just may have to go back and get some more. So in total that makes 22 skeins. Definitely a record that I won't be topping any time soon.

Hi Amy,

Thanks for joining in! Lucky you, I never have any luck finding yarn at yard sales! Please post pics if you can!! We love to see everyone's yarn deals!

OK -- updated scores

EmeraldJayne -- 100

Amy --- 44

MANDI 42

Ferretlady 20

Krazy-Kittie 18

Tomorrow will be the last day for this week's round! *Maybe* my yarn will show up in the mail tomorrow so I can add a few more points to my puny score!

Tell you what - since we're more or less starting a 'new' game (since the old one had fizzled out a while back...) After tomorrow, I'll start a brand-new thread, so it will be fresh & won't have pages & pages of old posts from way back in the past.... that OK with you guys?

What I bought last Saturday... :cheer

th_yarnapril09.jpg

Ooooh, nice!!! Thanks for joining in & for posting the photo! Is that 10 skeins, or did I miss any? Just bop me on the head & correct me if I got it wrong...

Updated Scores:

EmeraldJayne -- 100

Amy -- 44

MANDI -- 42

Dava -- 20

Ferretlady 20

Krazy-Kittie 18

Yay, we're getting more people joining in!

Ferret, I bought those last Saturday....hehe, they don't count....LOL But thanks anyways.

Unless the rules changed from first post... :)

Ferret, I bought those last Saturday....hehe, they don't count....LOL But thanks anyways.

Unless the rules changed from first post... :)

Actually, this one time, it does count! If you look back a few posts, to when the very first posts of the "current" game were made, that was last Saturday.

The lady who originally started this game dropped it a year ago, because not many were participating & nothing had been posted here since then.. I stumbled onto it & wanted to get it going again, first posts for the "new" game were last Sat.. A one-day game wouldn't be much, so for THIS one round only, it was 8 days - the full week and last Sat included. So you are in this round! (Unless you just don't WANT to be counted, which is your choice!)

As soon as this round ends, I'm going to start a fresh newthread, so there won't be any confusion with the "previous" game which hadn't been active for a year... ETA: I should have done a new thread to start with - just got excited about the game & jumped in on the tail end of the old game....

Well, it's 10pm central, so unless someone jumps in at the last moment here, it looks like EmeraldJayne is this week's winner with *100* points! Way to go!!!

Scores were:

EmeraldJayne -- 100

Amy -- 44

MANDI -- 42

Dava -- 20

Ferretlady 20

Krazy-Kittie 18

I'll start a new thread for the game either later tonight or in the morning -- great job everyone!!!

Archived