Yarn Addicts Cal

Went to Hancock Fabrics - never been, so i thought i'd check it out - bought 7 balls of DMC Senseo and 1 ball of Lion Cotton. Joann's order should be in this week, and thats 17...

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No yarn this week, but I did aquire a beautiful hook from ebay

th_crochet171.jpg The llama is from Old Town in San Diego.

I did get a good paycheck this week, so after paying bills, maybe I'll go shopping :D

I like your hook, very nice!

Went shoe and card shopping today and ended up buying yarn:eek, dispite the warning from my BF b4 I went out.

Iam making something for my SP, half way through and realized I wont have enough yarn, was trying to use up some of my stash.

Gonna make it into something else and use this yarn to make the orginal pattern.

I bought 10 ball of purple/blue DK, 5 would have proberly been enough, but I wanted to be safe :lol

So that's 20 for me so far this week

I've been stash busting.. until last week when the combination of finding out about 4 new babies and a Joann's sale and free shipping all conspired to make me buy more yarn.

th_babyclouds.jpg

I count 45 skeins... yikes. I guess that puts me at +90 for the yarn addicts score?

I bought 3 more balls of yarn today to complete a project, I ran out of yarn I had in my stash I was trying to use up. The project is now something different as I can't get the same yarn to match so have had to buy some that will complement the one I am using.

2 balls of pink chunky and 1 ball of white chunky

Managed to get them into the house without BF seeing :lol

So another 6 for me this week, making a total of 30

My doctor put me on bed rest for 3-5 days minimum, so I stocked up on yarn (like I don't have enough already). Wait, did I just say that??? Must be the medication talking :lol:lol

I've bought 17 skeins of yarn this week.

34 for the week.

Okay, got my Joanns order: 17,

plus what i bought at Hancock Fabrics: 7

plus what I bought today at Walmart: 9 for a pretty wrap I'm making from the March Crochet mag.

:blush Sorry, just couldn't resist, and there was NOTHING in my stash I could use, :wink so what's a gal to do???? GO BUY MORE YARN!!! :rofl

I got the Bernat Softee in cream, blue and brown. Should make for a warm and cozy wrap to sit around the :fire in.

:think okay, so my week total is 33.

OK, here goes

My name is Clare and i am a yarn addict!

I carnt stop buying yarn, i love it

i did join the "stash busting CAL" but i am failing miserably:(

so i thought i would start a CAL for all those others out there that have a yarn addiction too:yes

the idea is not to buy more yarn:lol but to share photos's of what you have bought, idea's on what your making, what specials you snapped up etc

each week will have a winner, which will go to the person that buys the most yarn :cheer

so if you buy or inherit or are given yarn:

Each skien is worth 2 points

each ball or smaller is worth 1

pounders worth double points !!! ~ 4 points

balls of thread is 1 point

the week will start on sun and finish on the sat like the STASH BUSTING CAL to make it easier to remember to post

but dont worry you can still compete in the stashbusting cal, this one will just make all the people that carnt stash bust feel better:D

please post your scores to win

this CAL is supposed to be fun so just use ya head when it comes to scoring, no hard questions please :lol

so who's gona join me ?:clap

OMG ... i just bought 12 skiens of yarns yesterday ....

hi everyone :hi

first of all welcome to our newbies :hug

here are the score for the week

1st Lisaizme - 90 :eek go you go you :cheer

2nd Dreamsofyarn - 34 - hope you are feeling better

3rd - Krazykitty - 24

YAY everyone keep up the good work ..we had alot of enties this week

mattsmom449 - 20

uze3105 - 17

Beasteezgurl - 13

Detoitdeb - 12

What do you make with all that cotten???

it was for the crochet group that i run we bought the cotton between 7 people..... i got about 150 balls of cotton :eek but they will be used up for face washers, towels, etc ....and yes i will never need to buy cotton for as long as i live :cheer

hi everyone :hi

first of all welcome to our newbies :hug

here are the score for the week

1st Lisaizme - 90 :eek go you go you :cheer

2nd Dreamsofyarn - 34 - hope you are feeling better

3rd - Krazykitty - 24

YAY everyone keep up the good work ..we had alot of enties this week

mattsmom449 - 20

uze3105 - 17

Beasteezgurl - 13

Detoitdeb - 12

ahhhh 17 eh??? well... still counting ... hahahahha

here is the cotton haul :cheer all 444 balls of it !Picture493.jpg

OMG!!!!!!!! so many .. i wish they are mine ... hahahah

well .. the cotton i bought is like that one ... one ball .. :D

I could be winning this CAL. LOL. I had a very generous person give me 3 (30 gal) trash bags full of yarn this weekend. Plus I bought about 15 skeins last week and I ordered another 20-30 skeins today. There is no way I could have a positive score at stashbusting. LOL.

I AM ADDICTED TO YARN!

I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday to get the last of the Susan Bates Bamboo Handle hooks (they were 40% off) to finsih my set, and made the mistake of going down the clearance aisle. They had 2 colors of Sugar 'N Cream yarn for .89, so I bought 11 skeins. I also bought a cone of Sugar 'N Cream (used my 40% off coupon).

26 points for me.

Archived