Yarn Addicts Cal

Hi guys, sorry I have been alittle AWOL for a while

I have been a really naughty girl :devil

I was in the £1 shop looking for some brown paper to wrap my parcel with and they had a dozen or more boxes on the floor along the bottom of the shelves, they had packs of yarn in them, 10 balls per pack. All different colours of fun fur and novelty yarn, usually they are 2 balls for £1 and loose in the boxes, but these were still packed. Took me forever to find the sign saying £1 a pack, I didn't beleive it so I asked if it was correct, and yes 10 balls of yarn for £1. I just couldn't stop myself, I didn't get all the colours, just 7, so I ended up with 70 balls of yarn. :eek

Then after I thought OMG how am I gonna get these into the house without BF seeing, as I had walked to the shops instead of taking the car, he caught me out, I said it was for sending to other people. Gonna make some scarfs and pet blankets from them.

Then I was gifted 8 balls of yarn from my SP Tammy G

I still need to do more yarn shopping this week, but so far my total is +156

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi guys, sorry I have been alittle AWOL for a while

I have been a really naughty girl :devil

yes 10 balls of yarn for £1. I just couldn't stop myself, I didn't get all the colours, just 7, so I ended up with 70 balls of yarn. :eek

Then after I thought OMG how am I gonna get these into the house without BF seeing, I said it was for sending to other people.

:woo :woo :woo what a bargin

i am sooo jelous

here are the score for the last couple of weeks as i had totally forgot about this CAL :oops

krazykitty 156

suze3105 30

mattsmom499 16

Hey y'all! I have been on shopping hiatus!

But, I am back, went to the flea market last weekend and bought 20 skeins of No Boundaries/WalMart brand fuzzy soft yarn (pic below) for 50 cents each!! Couldn't pass it up. Then bought 20 balls of Sugar N Cream at Micheals (on sale) and 2 balls of Peaches & Cream at Wally World.

th_FleaMarketYarn.jpg

Pic's a little blurry - :think from my cell phone - but its hot pink blended with blues and greens and Lime green blended with blues, pinks and purples.

:eek I only went out to buy 2 balls of yarn and ended up buying 8

I needed 1 red and 1 back to finish a project off, but ended up getting 2 of each, then I saw this really nice yarn half price, so I got 4 balls of that in Navy.

So this weeks total is now 172

Thats me for the week

this is a cool idea, tho i don't need more motivation to buy yarn (who does, really?) but i love to get good deals and have lots of yarn in my bin(s). grins, debra

Hello, have been yarn shopping again :devil

Gonna make 2 RR's one as a get well gift for my sister for after her opperation and one for my dad's girlfriend as an xmas gift.

To start with I got 2 green, 2 cream, 2 purple, 2 burgandy and 4 black (not sure how much I will need, but that will keep me going for a while)

Then I don't know how I ended up in there or how the packs of yarn (10 balls per pack) got into the basket, I found myself back in the £1 shop and bought 2 packs of novelty yarn, 1 pack of white ribbon yarn and 1 pack of yellow fluffy stuff.

So that's 64 for me this week!

Oh my. I just was reading through this CAL for the 1st time. I would love to join you all but I am really, really, REALLY trying to stash bust. I have way more than you are showing Claire, as I bought out some yarn shops when they were going out of business.

I can't even imagine what it would take to gather mine up and actually photograph it.

Yes, I am a yarn-aholic. But I am trying to recover...actually the truth of the matter is - I am tired of looking at the same old stuff and I want new!!!!!!!!

hey everyone

unless some one wants to take over this CAL I am not going to post the winners anymore with this CAL as not many people post each month :( let alone each week

BUT that doesnt mean that you carnt post photos of your purchases

• 11 months later...

Oh no!!! I just now stumbled onto this thread - I would be happy to take over & 'keep score' if anyone else would be interested in getting this going again?

I KNOW there are other yarn addicts out there, as seen in the 'why stash bust' thread & other places!

C'mon yarnies, show off your new buys & your stash!!! Let's get this one rolling again!!!

Hi, this thread is definitely for me. Luckily, I only go out every other week :lol However, I received a package in the mail today, one of my lovely friends in the Sky CAL sent me a birthday gift of seven large skeins. Ooooooo I'm so excited!

Two things you can do to participate:

1) For the 'contest' part -- All you've got to do is tell us when you get new goodies!! Post pics if possible, but if you can't do photos, that's ok.... just post how many new skeins/balls you bought! Or, any yarn that you received as a gift or acquired in whatever manner, as long as it's a new addition to your stash.

To make things super-simple - we'll just count all full skeins for 2 points each, partials for 1 point each.

Whoever has the most points at the end of the week wins! Week runs as a typical calendar week - Sunday to Saturday.

If there seems to be enough interest, I'll try to maybe come up with some actual little prizes of some sort....

Or

2) you can even just share what you've already got in your current stash! Again, photos would be absolutely wonderful - it's so fun to see other's stashes! But don't be afraid to post if you cannot take photos.... no 'contest' on existing stash, just the fun of showing off your goodies to other yarn addicts!!

I will join in again on this one, I received some yarn this morning, 3 balls of red yarn and 2 balls of purple yarn, I also received some yarn at the weekend as well, 3 balls of cotton.

So that makes 8 balls and a total of 16 points:cheer

Way to go!! Krazy-Kitty is now in the lead w/ 16 points!

We stopped by Dollar Tree today, I was having withdrawals since I hadn't bought any new yarn for a while now - various issues around here made $$ really tight - sniffle, she hadn't gotten anything new in... Stopped by the thrift store & did find one little "grab bag" of yarn & misc craft goodies. 2 full skeins and 2 partials... so I got a whopping 6 points... I am having serious withdrawal symptoms here LOL! I DID snag an offer on Yarncycle, but that won't count until it actually arrives.

Score to date:

Krazy-Kittie ---- 16

Mandi --- 7

Ferretlady --- a pathetic little 6 LOL!!

C'mon the rest of you yarnies out there - I KNOW there are other addicts, come join in & flash your stash!

Since I don't have any new goodies to show - I thought I'd post about a wonderful time I had a while back... Obviously, this doesn't count for score, but feel free to share your stash photos, even if it doesn't count for the contest!

This was part of some great stuff I got about a month ago -- there were several incredible ladies over at Ravelry who were getting rid of yarn they didn't want. I have photos of it all laid out neatly, highlighting different yarns - but that would take tons of space here, so I'll just post this one 'box' shot.

goodies.jpg

These are just some of the boxes I got - for free, just had to pay for the postage! Tons of great wools of all different brands/weights. A few novelty yarns thrown in, but almost all of it was yarn-store yarns. There were other boxes not in this photo - a whole case of Symphony, a box of handspuns, and a few other goodies - it was better than Christmas!! I've used some of it, and am still trying to decide on the *perfect* projects for a lot of it.

Yikes - score correction - Mandi had 7 skeins & I only gave her one point each, rather than two - sorry about that! (Full skeins are 2 pts, partials are 1 pt)

Corrected scores are:

Krazy-Kittie ---- 16

Mandi --- 14

Ferretlady --- 6

Alright. I WENT SHOPPING MONDAY! I forgot to post because I was partying with my friends all Tuesday. I bought two pounders, three skeins of RH, four of Caron SS, four of thread, and was gifted another skein when I got home.

In conclusion:

2 pounders

8 skeins yarn

4 thread

I had a great haul!

I am horrible bad addicted, I keep telling my family that I won't buy any more. I have more than enough. Then we took off to a larger town last weekend. and could not resist.. The colors I just loved. So had to have them. I will take pics and show. Not even sure what I am going to do with them. And on top it off, I find that I love wool now too. I think I will give this a whirl. :yes

:hook

Debra

Woo-hoo Mandi!! Sounds like fun!!! that haul was worth 28 pts

Current score

Mandi --- 42

Krazy-Kittie ---- 16

Ferretlady --- 6

(Bangs head on wall - omg, I need to buy yarn so badly.... gonna have to hit up Smileys if I can't find any deals locally, serious withdrawals here...)

Hi I bought a ball of Sirdar click off e-bay just cause it was really cheap, so another 2 ponits for me this week.

Are we gonna post pictures of all our stash as well, I started putting all mine on raverly, but lost track:lol

Oh please DO post pics of your stash!!! I love seeing photos!! Post any photos you want - either of your new goodies or of your existing stash!

I'm still slowly but surely getting my stash up on Rav as well.... got about ten flat under-bed totes done so far - still too many other drawers/totes to go...

Mandi --- 42

Krazy-Kittie ---- 18

Ferretlady --- still at a pathetic 6 - but eagerly waiting on a few goodies in the mail!

Archived