Yarn Addicts Cal

Wow, what a great BF!!!! What kind of yarn was it?

it is a 8ply varigated in blues purples and white and it has silver though it too :yay i think it will end up being a baby blanket:crocheting

It really doesn't look all that big, now, does it?? Picture is clickable:

th_stash1.jpg

I admit, I have a bit of a problem, I'm a yarn addict. It started slowly, buying 2 or 3 skeins a week with coupons at JoAnn's, progressed to ordering online, and who knows where this will lead. . .:crocheting:think

great stash !! looks like you are off to a ood start

my addicting started when i worked at lincraft - one of the local yarn/fabric/craft stores ...i worked there for over a year so you can imagine what kind of goodies i cam home with

oh and ebay is a great way to find cheap yarn - i went though that stage also :blush

ok for every ones scores

1st - clare - 20 :woo

2nd - krazy-kitty - 10 :yay

3rd - detroitdeb - 8

the newcomer takes out 3rd place !!! way to go :clap

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ebay, though, I find that I always have to figure in shipping. Do you usually buy 'stash' cleanouts, or new yarn there. I found out that a 'trade center' near me sometimes has yarn (it's like a big indoor flea market every weekend).

Ebay, though, I find that I always have to figure in shipping. Do you usually buy 'stash' cleanouts, or new yarn there. I found out that a 'trade center' near me sometimes has yarn (it's like a big indoor flea market every weekend).

yeah i just but the big lots of ebay ...havnt seen may on there though :(

oo your trade center sounds good :clap

Nice to see the thread back up and running again - seemed to be a lull for a few weeks. I have bought yarn, but haven't been keeping track. Last couple things I bought was some Caron for the contest (it was on sale), some cotton for the kitchen swap and some 1 pounders for my first graph ghan I'm gonna try next week during Feb vacation.

Nice to see the thread back up and running again - seemed to be a lull for a few weeks. I have bought yarn, but haven't been keeping track. Last couple things I bought was some Caron for the contest (it was on sale), some cotton for the kitchen swap and some 1 pounders for my first graph ghan I'm gonna try next week during Feb vacation.

:hi tammyg how are you, still yarn shopping i see :)

Going to look in the sale papers for the coupons, and may venture out in the cold, wet weather today to look for the two kinds of yarn I need for a lapghan I am doing. Who knows what I'll find? I bought that 64 squares book, may need to start a different large afghan, and I'll need new yarn, of course, right? :)

Have a great day, everyone!

Evening all and thanks for the "Hi" Clare - that smiley makes me laugh.

Yesterday I bought 4 skeins for 8 points and 2 of that nylon yarn stuff, small skeins so I guess a point each and two soy skeins/balls, so 12 points is all this week.

Hi all we have a tie this week :D 1st place goes to

detroitdeb- 40 and clare -40

and second place goes to tammyg- 12:cheer

do you guys believe in bad karma???

well i went to the LYS and bought 20 balls yarn ...well it was supposed to come to $20 there was a special for a 10 pack for $10 and i got 2 packs =$20 right????

well she only charged me for 2 balls and the balls were originally $4 each ...so i payed $8 for 20 balls of yarn !!!!!! :woo

Hi guys, I have been yarn shopping yet again:lol

I was trying to use up some 4ply pastel colours I bought as a job lot off e-bay, most are part used balls with no labels, decided to make a baby babette, but don't have enough white and don't have any green.

So I had to go and buy a ball of white and a ball of green so +4 this week

I know I have been missing for quite some time from this CAL. I was trying to use up some of my stash and money has been tight for some time now.

I bought 6 skeins of yarn the other day at Hobby Lobby which gives me 12 points :clap

No purchase this week as I have been HOUSEBOUND!!! Car died on Friday and is still in the shop. As it is gonna cost about $800 to fix, yarn is not in the budget for the next couple of weeks.

My name is Crissie, I am a Yarn Addict, and my last yarn purchase was only 2 hours ago.

I have only been crocheting since Jan '08, and I have 1 very large basket overflowing, 3 smaller baskets full, and just ordered 17 skeins of cotton yarn from Joanns.com. My house is a small cottage and storage is an issue. I will post a pic later today. Most of my collection is acrylics and cottons. I am on a budget but can't resist sales. Its very difficult to shop at walmart alone...the cart steers itself to the yarn section when i'm alone. I do not have cart control when i am alone, so my bf usually steers - he is stronger than i am.

Okay here's my pics of my :yarn stash:

Skeins of misc yarn

th_DSCF0121.jpg

Balls of misc yarn

th_DSCF0122.jpg

Gifted and EBay yarn

th_DSCF0125.jpg

My Vanna White Collection (the basket yarn is for a VW afghan I want to make)

th_DSCF0124.jpg

All my cotton yarn (doesn't count what I just ordered today :eek

th_DSCF0126.jpg

My babette blanket yarn

th_DSCF0127.jpg

All my stash put away:

th_DSCF0128.jpg

:think Didn't know how much I had till I sorted it all out :devil

My name is Crissie, I am a Yarn Addict, and my last yarn purchase was only 2 hours ago.

I have only been crocheting since Jan '08, and I have 1 very large basket overflowing, 3 smaller baskets full, and just ordered 17 skeins of cotton yarn from Joanns.com. My house is a small cottage and storage is an issue. I will post a pic later today. Most of my collection is acrylics and cottons. I am on a budget but can't resist sales. Its very difficult to shop at walmart alone...the cart steers itself to the yarn section when i'm alone. I do not have cart control when i am alone, so my bf usually steers - he is stronger than i am.

Welcome, Crissie, you are in good company!!

deb

Welcome, Crissie, you are in good company!!

deb

VERY GOOD COMPANY !!!!!! :rofl

sorry i am late at posting i totally forgot :oops

1st - dreamsofyarn - 12

2nd - krazykitty - 4

i made a purchase on ebay this week .......444 balls :eek:faint

it was a combined purchse as i run to a crochet group:crocheting.but 220 of the balls are mine :D yes i have shopping issues ...not enough of it :cheer

so my points are 220 points ....:woo

happy shopping everyone :dog

I made a purchase on ebay this week .......444 balls :eek:faint

it was a combined purchse as i run to a crochet group:crocheting.but 220 of the balls are mine :D yes i have shopping issues ...not enough of it :cheer

so my points are 220 points ....:woo

happy shopping everyone :dog

WOW you have bought alot of yarn, can I come and play at yours? :lol

My pattern from e-bay arrived yesterday, it's an Annie's Attic pattern of 5 different cats with different themes, and I needed to buy some fun fur for the tails, so whilst I was out shopping for cat stuff I had a wonder into a shop that sells loads of different things...as well as yarn:eek

I ended up getting the white DK I went to get a few weeks ago and 1 ball of another novelty yarn which I might use for the tails?

Will more than likely go and buy some fun fur from another shop

So points so far this week is 12

I went to Hobby Lobby to buy some yarn so I can make a RR for my supervisor's new baby and found RHSS Watercolor on clearance, so I had to buy it. Then I had to go to Meijer and found more yarn on clearance, and next thing I knew I was in the check out lane with 4 skeins of yarn in my arms. I think I did pretty good with only 4 skeins.

My total for the week so far is 26

No yarn this week, but I did aquire a beautiful hook from ebay

th_crochet171.jpg The llama is from Old Town in San Diego.

I did get a good paycheck this week, so after paying bills, maybe I'll go shopping :D

hey everyone

crochet group was heaps of fun last wednesday with us sorting through the cotton all 444 balls of it !!! ......i have a very BIG shed with lots of storage :bounce so the cotton is in plastic containers in the shed :)

when i told my other half about my purchase he was like OMG !!!! :oops:faint

winners

well we all know who got first place :heehee ME ME ME!!! sorry ill calm down now :)

clare 220

dreamsofyarn 26

krazykitty 14

:yay :yay :yay congrats everyone

Archived