Yarn Addicts Cal

41 points for me this week and I have put a halt on yarn acquisition UNLESS it is something I run out of during a project. Here are pics of the last 2 weeks worth of yarn buying minus the 12 Christmas skeins from ebay and the 6 I bought in NYC and the ones gifted to me in Holiday swap.

th_crochet112.jpg

th_crochet111.jpg

th_crochet110.jpg

I have enough for now, I think :think

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 points for me this week and I have put a halt on yarn acquisition UNLESS it is something I run out of during a project. Here are pics of the last 2 weeks worth of yarn buying minus the 12 Christmas skeins from ebay and the 6 I bought in NYC and the ones gifted to me in Holiday swap.

th_crochet112.jpg

th_crochet111.jpg

th_crochet110.jpg

I have enough for now, I think :think

Can I come play at your house?

:rofl

I have been buying yarn, but have been really busy with work

Roughly I bought

5 balls of purple and white cotton mix

1 ball aqua

1 ball light blue

1 ball yellow cotton

1 ball purple cotton

4 balls brown and white cotton mix

2 balls orange cotton

3 balls white silk yarn

....and a really big bag of oddments off e-bay, has some full balls and some partial balls, total of about 36 balls.

I think that is all, BF has told me NO MORE!:lol

So total for this week is +75

helloo

krazykitty has been hitting the shops and has bought 75 points of yarn and that puts her at 1 st place

and Nght has too with a score of 48 which makes her 2nd place :woo

Nght your YTD score...HOLY SNAPPING DUCK DOO are you ok in your haouse do you need a life line to tow you out ??? you must be in yarn heaven :sigh

• 1 month later...

Is this Cal still going for 2008?

So far this week I have bought

3 balls of brown baby DK

1 ball of orange Disney yarn

Will be buying more tomorrow

Score so far this week is 8

Well, I did buy 9 skeins of yarn this week for a project. I haven't been keeping score, because I've been on a yarn diet, but I got to spend a HL gift card I got for Christmas.

hi Rox :hi

im not sure if anyone else is stilll in this CAL ??? but you are the winner so far :heehee

:clap Weeeeeeeeel? I have more balls & skeins than I know what to do with. Thats why I joined this group! To get me crocheting again! :crocheting

I also have yarn that I ordered coming, I just don't remember how many.:blush

If you need a count hun, I can get back to you on that! :yay:yes

• 3 weeks later...
hey everyone :hi

so where do ypu all stash / hide your yarn ??

i have it in BIG plastic containers in my bed side table, under the bed, in the waldrobe :blush:eek

hehehe

and where there is a free space

and is it just me or does anyone else buy way more than they use ???

May I join your thread?? I'd like to count my stash sometime and post some pictures, maybe. I bought 4 skeins this week. I store it in our basement (which, fortunately, is big), in bins and recently discovered giant ziploc bags!! I'm also going to try to get a handle on my UFO's, just finished one that had been laying around for years.

deb

Have been yarn shopping again, the yarn stall has finally got the cream yarn in that I need to finish off 1 of my pet blankets have been waiting about 6 weeks for this, I only really needed 2, maybe even 1, but I ended up buying 4:lol:D so I had plently, plus it's a really nice ivory/cream colour and lovely to work with I also got a ball of green for another pet blanket Iam doing.

So +10 for me this week

I won't be buying anymore this week so this is my final total for the week, posting now cause I always miss the deadline cause of working and I will be working again this Sat night.

:clap Weeeeeeeeel? I have more balls & skeins than I know what to do with. Thats why I joined this group! To get me crocheting again! :crocheting

I also have yarn that I ordered coming, I just don't remember how many.:blush

If you need a count hun, I can get back to you on that! :yay:yes

hi chirpybirdy

:welcome

i can agrre witht the more balls than you know what to do with :lol

dont for get to post when you get your yarn :yarn:yarn:yarn:yes

May I join your thread?? I'd like to count my stash sometime and post some pictures, maybe. I bought 4 skeins this week. I store it in our basement (which, fortunately, is big), in bins and recently discovered giant ziploc bags!! I'm also going to try to get a handle on my UFO's, just finished one that had been laying around for years.

deb

:welcome deb

so you have a score of 8 so far :cheer great !

Have been yarn shopping again, I only really needed 2, maybe even 1, but I ended up buying 4:lol:D so I had plently, So +10 for me this week

shopping again ?? not like you to do that :rofl

havnt had much posts here lately. thought we had all stopped buing yarn ?? like that is every going to happen !!

detoitdeb - carnt to see photo's :yay make sure you come home with a couple .....

i went shopping with my BF and we went to the LYS but we were there for curtain material, he had to come as it was going to be a heavy purchase

and we justt happened to walk though the yarn department ...no idea how that happened :devil

and there was yarn on special 10 pack for 10 dollars and i was like WOW thats cheap

and he said well why dont you grab a pack and i will pay for it !!! :wooso 20 points for me :bounce

It really doesn't look all that big, now, does it?? Picture is clickable:

th_stash1.jpg

I admit, I have a bit of a problem, I'm a yarn addict. It started slowly, buying 2 or 3 skeins a week with coupons at JoAnn's, progressed to ordering online, and who knows where this will lead. . .:crocheting:think

Archived