Yarn Addicts Cal

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to all the winners this week! :applause

I know I've let y'all down too, but I promise this week will be better... it may take until next week to make it MUCH better :rofl

Been workin' 6 days a week in almost as many PO's, I'm tired! And, I bought a new Jeep... hubby thinks I should make payments instead of buying yarn :think

Don't know where he got that idea... I pointed out to him how much yarn I've been using & he says, yeah but it's the NEW stuff you bought, what about those other 1000 pounds?? Honestly! :blush

I won!! Thank you so much for letting me share my addiction to yarn with all of you! I had to buy new totes to store all of my yarn. I spent a lot of time yesterday getting all my yarn organized. Until I bought all the totes, I had a little here, a little there, a little everywhere. Now it is all in one place (almost).

I just got my Hobby Lobby email with the sale items in it. They are having some of their Yarn Bee yarn on sale for .99 a skein again. They also have Lion jiffy bulk yarn for 1.44. This could be a problem for me since I love one of the Yarn Bee's they have on sale. Plus one of the girls there told me that their clearance yarn would be reduced again to move it out.

I won another lot on ebay & my daughter & I just counted it... I feel a generous yarn de-stashing coming on :devil

There are 80 full balls of yarn & 10 partials, 131 full skeins of yarn and 29 partials plus a bag of needlepoint yarn & an afghan kit. I don't know what the bag counts as nor the kit (it's not open & I don't wanna open it in case I decide I don't want it)... so without those 2 counted that's +461 for me :eek

Hubby just pointed at the box & said "WHAT THE..." but I cut him off & pointed out the box of chemicals that came for the hot tub, he forgot all about the yarn :rofl

I really hafta go read the Wish Lists posts

tell us tell us tell us pwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeese :)

:ebay

Let's just say.... if the description of the lot is accurate, it will give me over +2000 in one shot :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

Can U imagine?!??? :blush:rofl

what the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!':rofl :rofl that is soooooooooo excellent and we are soooooooooooooo jealous.......good thing you are not in the stashbusting CAL :lol you would sooooooo be getting the "shoot the moon award" :yes

what the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!':rofl :rofl that is soooooooooo excellent and we are soooooooooooooo jealous.......good thing you are not in the stashbusting CAL :lol you would sooooooo be getting the "shoot the moon award" :yes

I AM!!

:eek:blush:devil:rofl:oops:2blush

:goodorbad

Wow.. I can't believe I won 2nd place.

I'm sorry I didn't get pictures.. was a busy week with dd home for spring break and having driveway repaved.

I did visit HL & Michaels this past saturday after taking dd back to airport to fly back to college.. makes a difference when shopping a city of some size. :D But I didn't do as much damage as the previous week.

I did find some "I Love This Yarn" at HobbyLobby. Anyone else tried this yet? bought 7 skeins of it to try out..lol. Also 4 skeins of the elusive bernat pink camo (just because it was there) and 3 skeins of Omega sinfonia (price was right) and 2 skeins of redheart (amethyst and turqa) to piece out what I already have at home.

At Michaels I got: 3 skeins of Perfect Match in White, 2 skeins of Perfect Match in Navy (hoping that they'll be the same weight as the Caron Pounders.. can't find pounders in a dark or royal blue..) and 1 skeins of Red Heart Soft in Offwhite (might match the offwhite in wintuk that I'm using on this huge afghan...probably will have to break down and order the wintuk.. but dont want to).

Ok.. off to hit the showers. I got to move all this yarn out of the van today or tomorrow... Spring break for son starts thursday and we 3 (son, hubby & I) are going gallavanting. I'm hoping to hit some LYS's while exploring.. if I don't have yarn in the van, things will go over better!!

ttfn

Lisa,

I have used the 'I Love This Yarn' and I absolutely love it. It works up so nice, is super soft, and doesn't split like Caron SS has a tendency to do. There is one thing I didn't notice when I first bought it, but a helpful and knowledgeable crocheter here at the 'ville posted it. It is classed as '5 bulky', so when you use it, make sure you check your gauge. I didn't check my gauge when I used it for the first time (if it is a simple pattern, I don't always check my gauge) and couldn't figure out why it was bigger than the pattern said. That will teach me to pay better attention to my yarn.

Right now I'm using one strand of 'I love this yarn' with one strand of RH SS and an N hook for a simple DC ghan for my son. It is turning out wonderfully. It is so soft (and RH isn't always real soft ;)) It is working up super fast, so I will be making more of them like this.

Once you use it, let me know how you like it.

does anyone else just say to themselves "i will just brouse ebay looking at wool/yarn" with never any bidding in mind and then before you know it you are bidding on 3 items......bbaaaaaahaahahahaha (evil laugh)

does anyone else just say to themselves "i will just brouse ebay looking at wool/yarn" with never any bidding in mind and then before you know it you are bidding on 3 items......bbaaaaaahaahahahaha (evil laugh)

I think that's how I wound up bidding on & winning this last lot... cuz U know I did NOT need any more yarn before this last one! :think Yes, I can admit that! DH's gonna kill me... :blush

:lol yeah i got busted on the last lot that i won..... :blush my boyfriend didnt see the final package come in the mail, he just saw the list on the ebay page ....i only won about 6 auctions totaling about $30....buuuuuut there were about 30 or so skeins, woops .....but i managed to get them in the house with out him seeing it....not like i sneeked them in or anything...well maybe:) he would have flipped more about the volume of yarn more than the $$$$

Lisa,

I have used the 'I Love This Yarn' and I absolutely love it. It works up so nice, is super soft, and doesn't split like Caron SS has a tendency to do. There is one thing I didn't notice when I first bought it, but a helpful and knowledgeable crocheter here at the 'ville posted it. It is classed as '5 bulky', so when you use it, make sure you check your gauge. I didn't check my gauge when I used it for the first time (if it is a simple pattern, I don't always check my gauge) and couldn't figure out why it was bigger than the pattern said. That will teach me to pay better attention to my yarn.

Right now I'm using one strand of 'I love this yarn' with one strand of RH SS and an N hook for a simple DC ghan for my son. It is turning out wonderfully. It is so soft (and RH isn't always real soft ;)) It is working up super fast, so I will be making more of them like this.

Once you use it, let me know how you like it.

I'm Lovin' this I Love This Yarn.. it works up sooooooooo soft and cushy.

The only problem I have with it is that the skeins I got are kinda hard to find the end to start with.. but once past that problem, it's luscious.

I'm using it to make Krystal's Daisy Square (I want to call it Flower Power.. cuz it looks like the design that was so prevalent in the 70's :D ) and I just love the softness of the squares.

I'd post pics, but I'm doing a major download and on dialup.. so it's hard to get into photobucket at the moment. There is a picture on the latest post on my blog.

I hope I can get to HL soon for more of this. (and I HOPE my local HL has it.. that store is so strange..I've actually been fussed at for buying yarn there.. by the sales people!!)

Earlier this week I bought 5 skeins of yarn for my DS's afghan. Today I went to Dollar Tree today and got 5 more skeins of yarn. I got the last of what they had, or I would have bought more. The lady said they would have more next week :clap

I haven't had much time to shop for yarn this week. I've been spending most of my time at the hospital with my Mom. I have gotten a lot done on my DS's aghan while sitting at her bedside. She loves watching me work on it. As soon as she is able to crochet, I'm going to get her some hooks and yarn and turn her loose. She hasn't crocheted in a few years, so this will give her something to do for the next 2-3 months that she will be at the rehab hospital (once she gets there).

My husband took pity on me and waited in the car while I ran into HobbyLobby saturday.

I got 7 skeins of "I Love This Yarn" 2 aubergine, 2 burgundy, 2 black, 1 white; 1 skein of Jiffy in Wine and 1 skein of Red Heart Kids in PINK.

I feel better now!!

Archived