Yarn Addicts Cal

Well, I went to Spotlight on saturday (against my better judgement) and found a bin full of cotton yarns that were originally $6.00 to $12.00 each and got them for $1.00 a ball. They are so lovely!

Score 50 balls =50 points

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the results are in ....

not many people posted their score this week so i had to make do with peoples siggys and post on this cal

first place is ME :woo with a score of 87

second place is carousel with 50

and third place went to lisaime with 46

congrats to all the winners :clap

we were very slack this week:lol but i bet our bank accounts are thanking us for it though :yes

we purchased a total of 264 balls/skiens this week . Heaps of people didnt purchase any at all :think dont panic i am sending the international ambulance to their place as they must be feeling sick :yes

lets see if we get a better score next week

Happy crocheting:hook:hook

not many people posted their score this week

Oops... I knew there was sumthin' I was s'posed to do when I was here last night, before I re-set :lol

I did have 461 with that silly lot from ebay... I can see a lot of it going out with the Stashbusting CAL though... I was a bit disappointed with it after actually going through. Oh well... better luck with the one I'm waiting for! :yes

Congrats to all the winners! :applause

Congratulations to the winners!!

Sorry I didn't buy much yarn last week. With mom in the rehab center now, I still haven't been working, so I don't get to go past all my usual yarn buying establishments. But I should be back to work this week, which means I get to buy yarn. YIPEE

Y'all are soooo funny!:lol I've been watching this thread, wanting to jump in, but I'm too slack to keep track of my purchases!:blush I've gone crazy this week, so I'll have to post pics of how ridiculously large my stash is getting! Keep up the good work ladies! :applause

Oops... I knew there was sumthin' I was s'posed to do when I was here last night, before I re-set :lol

I did have 461 with that silly lot from ebay... I can see a lot of it going out with the Stashbusting CAL though... I was a bit disappointed with it after actually going through. Oh well... better luck with the one I'm waiting for! :yes

Congrats to all the winners! :applause

lucky you forgot to post :lol we would of had NO chance of beating that score :no

thats a shame that you were a little disapointed with your ebay win ....some times it isnt as good as it looks on ebay ...but some times it is better :yay

thats a shame that you were a little disapointed with your ebay win ....some times it isnt as good as it looks on ebay ...but some times it is better :yay

Surprisingly, this is the 1st time it's happened, I've been more than lucky in the past! Now let's keep our fingers crossed that the *mother load* that's on it's way is going to make me happy again :lol

I honestly can't forsee me buying much of anything after this one... besides, I still say DH is gonna kill me! :blush

Well, I went yarn shopping yesterday :eek:D

I ended up buying 10 skeins of yarn. I got 4 Yarn Bee Icelandic(on sale for .99 a skein), 2 skeins of 'I Love This Yarn', 4 skeins of Caron Simply Soft.

20 points for me :clap

I'll be leaving soon to do more yarn shopping ;)

I went yarn shopping again today with my daughter. She was along to keep me in control so I wouldn't go overboard. I bought 15 skeins of yarn today. Most were Caron Simply Soft. I needed some to finish her ghan, plus I need to get started on a few other projects.

15 skeins = 30 points for me for today :cheer:cheer

Dreamsof yarn ~ you really are a shopaholic or is it a yarnaholic??? :lol

Kinda looks like both, doesn't it :lol:lol

Actually, the yarn I bought Tuesday is almost gone. I crocheted a lapghan and finished a ghan Tuesday night. I only have 1 skein left from that trip.

DD & I didn't take a pic of the yarn that came in today for fear of not getting it into a tub before DH got home :sweat We'll get it tho.

So when he does get here, y'all may never see me again!!! 6 of the 9 boxes came in & according to our count, so far there are 460 full skeins, 294 partials... there were also 34 skeins of tapestry yarn... but they're like.... 3 yards a piece! :lol

Do ya think DH will notice the 3 new 50 gal. tubs sitting in the dining room?!?? :eek

+1214, not counting tapestry yarn

:blush

***!!! I really have to go to ebay. Never thought of using that as a resource. I am going away on a night trip and gonna check out the local LYS's while there. Just scoped 'em out online.

I've thought about joining this CAL - This week I have bought the equivalant of 113 points worth of yarn! Is it okay to go ahead and put that as my score???

Absolutely, the more the merrier!! :D

So I did find an LYS while away - only got 12 skeins of yarn. BUT.... one was $92.00 Do I get any points for that???? And DH picked it out!!!!! First time in a yarn shop with me. He picked up said it was pretty. Yep, look at the price I said. He said - Oh is that expensive for yarn? Yes. Do you like it? Isn't it pretty? Of course. Well then buy it. Knock me over with a feather!!! He thought I would have bought it anyway and I said NOO I would have thought pretty, but not bought 'cuz of price! I love my DH and I will have a very beautiful, very expensive scarf come winter!

I've thought about joining this CAL - This week I have bought the equivalant of 113 points worth of yarn! Is it okay to go ahead and put that as my score???

sure thing :cheer hop right in the yarns fine :yay:yarn

So I did find an LYS while away - only got 12 skeins of yarn. BUT.... one was $92.00 Do I get any points for that???? And DH picked it out!!!!! First time in a yarn shop with me. He picked up said it was pretty. Yep, look at the price I said. He said - Oh is that expensive for yarn? Yes. Do you like it? Isn't it pretty? Of course. Well then buy it. Knock me over with a feather!!! He thought I would have bought it anyway and I said NOO I would have thought pretty, but not bought 'cuz of price! I love my DH and I will have a very beautiful, very expensive scarf come winter!

:cheer you lucky thing!!!! we want :photo when you have finished making something with it :yes

DH looks at me cross-eyed when I spend $92 on a BOX of yarn, forget 1 skein! Hang on to him, that's a keeper!! :lol

I don't think I'll be adding any stash before this evening, my last 3 boxes are still at the PO & I don't know what's in 'em. So my total count for this week is 1214, isn't that enough anywayz? :devil

i am so sorry guys and gals i couldnt get to my computer this sun just gone, naughty me

and no one posted their scores :lol and i think that most of us have put our scores back to zero......bugger

but i think it was safe to say that Nght was the winner??? correct me if i am wrong

I think we can safely say that Nght is the winner!!!

I went to JoAnn's yesterday and they had Caron one pounders on sale for $4.00 a skein :eek, so I got 8 of them. Plus I bought 2 skeins of RHSS (was on sale for $1.88 a skein) :)

So far this week my score is 20.

Are the pounders worth double points since they are so big and are double+ the 'normal' size skein??

:clap:clap Double points for my pounders :clap:clap

I was just looking at them, and I will use 3 of them for 1 ghan. And I already have plans for the rest of them. But I miscalculated and I need at least 2 more :eek. I just hope they still have the colors I need tomorrow when I go. I wish I could go today, but I won't be anywhere near a JoAnn's :(

Archived