Dora doll note

I know this isn't the place to post this but since it relates to the Dora doll patterns thought it would be most useful here. I went "thrifting" yesterday (shopping at all the thrift shops [Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc] around here) and many of the places that I went to had used Dora dolls! I bought one for $4!!! Thought I would pass this on to those of you who want the doll but can't find or afford it. You never know what they'll have there but hey, what a bargain!

IF anyone is able to find one at such a deal as this PLEASE pick it up for me and PM, I will GLADLY pay shipping and the cost of the Dora doll, My great niece would LOVE this and I have printed out every pattern Darski has so KINDLY written and shared with us, I just can't afford the Dora Doll right now. I DO search the goodwill and salvation army here, with NO luck, and they are FULL price here at our walmart, IF they are in stock...

TY TY TY if anyone would be willing to help me here please PM me :manyheart

IF YOU GO ON EBAY YOU CAN GET THEM FOR AROUND 2 TO 5 DOLLARS I GOT ONE FOR 99 CENT PLUS POSTAGE THE ADOPT GRAND DAUGHTER ARE GOING TO LOVE THE PACKAGES WE ARE PUTTING darski TOGETHER THANKS TO DARSLKI

IF YOU GO ON EBAY YOU CAN GET THEM FOR AROUND 2 TO 5 DOLLARS I GOT ONE FOR 99 CENT PLUS POSTAGE THE ADOPT GRAND DAUGHTER ARE GOING TO LOVE THE PACKAGES WE ARE PUTTING darski TOGETHER THANKS TO DARSLKI

Yeppers! TY! I got one for $6.00:clap Now as soon as spring secret swap is over, away I will work on her clothes....yippie!!

Yes, the doll you want to get is the "Dress Up Adventure" Dora - there are several versions of Dora dolls out there. You want the one with the pink underwear painted on. If you get her new, she'll come with a little plastic dog.

My daughter has THREE Dora dolls (she was over-Dora'ed at Christmas by out of town relatives, what can I say?), but the clothes only fit Dress Up Dora.

That said, I'm missing getting new patterns every few days. I'd get so excited anticipating new ones, Darski!

My mom says Dora needs "dress up" clothes -

She needs the following (according to Grammie):

A doctor outfit

A policewoman outfit

A firewoman outfit

A teacher outfit (have no idea what a teacher outfit is, but if you base it on what my daughter's teacher wears, lots of sweatshirts with appliques and long denim jumper dresses?)

An astronaut outfit (yeah, THAT'D be easy to crochet, lol!!!)

You already covered the chef outfit and I think the fancy dress you did plus the crown covers "princess" nicely.

I've gotten two votes for hockey today... Guess that should be next up.

My Friend-ly ANGELfire has gifted me with an 18 inch doll so it will be hard to do Dora for a while - well she is so much fun to make for so i guess it can be done

My WM was out of them, so I went online to walmart.com and ordered one! With shipping and tax, was less than paying retail at my local WM.

HTH

Yes, I got the right Dora, Dora Dress up, BRAND new still in box off e-bay, I am NOT a big e-bay fan, but I HAD to have a DOra doll because of Darski!! LOL, Blame it all on you Darski, nevermind the Barbies, and other dols I have bought over the years for ME..he he he he and all the little ones try to make off with my dolls, NO WAY!! LOL, Okay I am off to print out the patterns, and look through my stash, I have 4, yes FOUR days off work now..wooo hoooo

I dont think Dora has immigrated to Australia yet. I have never seen or heard of her until darski enlightened me.

I dont think Dora has immigrated to Australia yet.

Yes she has. I have another Aussie friend who's daughter has been an avid fan for the last two years. At first another mutal friend shipped her a couple things, including the doll and birthday party supplies. Last I heard they were finding Dora stuff.

:)

• 3 years later...

I was looking at three at our salvation army a few days ago...I knew I should have grabbed one or two of them then, they were only $1.99 each....went back today to get one and they were gone! (instead my hubby got 10 golf clubs and a golf bag for only $1.50!)

Archived