Cross Bookmarks...

tiggerhale

Hello!

Friend ordered some bookmarks for the Sunday School teachers at church so I made 25 of these...photos are here:

http://public.fotki.com/madebyma/crocheted_gifts_various/webimgp0660.html

http://public.fotki.com/madebyma/1_newest_crocheted_items/

I used baby yarn and a b hook instead of thread. I think they turned out rather nice! I had fun making the tassels too using my wooden tassel & pom-pom tree.

Thoughts?

they are beautiful! wow!

now... I have to ask (If I can stop laughing enough...) what in the World are those cute little furry things? They look like anteaters or something (pic 2 and 3 I think). actually, all your work is beautiful! I'm sure those bmarks will be used well, and passed down!

cheers!

Cyn

they are beautiful! wow!

now... I have to ask (If I can stop laughing enough...) what in the World are those cute little furry things? They look like anteaters or something (pic 2 and 3 I think). actually, all your work is beautiful! I'm sure those bmarks will be used well, and passed down!

cheers!

Cyn

OH!! i believe those are possums from a bit back that she posted on here about.

Love the marks, and how you had them all stacked up so neat in the 1st pict...too kewl

Sandy

Very nice bookmarks. I'm not sure I could have stuck with the same pattern for 25 of anything! (Another part of why I don't do afghans made of squares... I get bored.) I'm sure they will be appreciated by everyone who recieves one. I really love the possums, especially the one with the little guy putting his nose into the camera.

OH!! i believe those are possums from a bit back that she posted on here about.

Love the marks, and how you had them all stacked up so neat in the 1st pict...too kewl

Sandy

Yep! You are correct! The pink one was from a while back - the blue one is new. I just had to take pics of them together. A friend's daughter wanted a blue one and yesterday was her birthday. My shipment of animal eyes came in on Sat so Sun am before church I was working on her possum! I consider the pink one and the parrot to be my "muses" :hook

Thanks so much for the compliments - the one ironic/funny thing about the bookmarks, is that I will be getting one as well since I taught Sunday School too!:lol

Beeeeeeeeeuuuuuuttteeeeeeffffuuuuullllllll!!!!!!!!!

You do wonderful work and FAST - wow - I could never pump out that many crosses and other things in a month! Amazing stuff!

I think I have made that cross pattern with thread and never thought of using baby yarn - what a great idea!!!!:cheer

PS - what is a "tassel tree and pom-pom tree" ???? you mentioned using - never heard of it!

PS - what is a "tassel tree and pom-pom tree" ???? you mentioned using - never heard of it!

Here it is:

http://pages.e-yarn.com/6030/PictPage/1325219.html

Lion Brand had it on sale one time w/some yarns like chenille etc to make tassels a while back - I've probably had it 2 years but this was the first time I used it. And I think I'll probably use it for pom-poms from now on too!

Very interesting -- I should try it as I have always used the old piece of cardboard and wrapped it - and tried the little plastic rings by Susan Bates but no luck - -I am too clutsy for that!

Thanks for the info!:)

Archived