My Daughter Made a Snail!... And a Baby Blankie!

funkyreporter

Okay. So my daughter is 19 and a Village member (Ah Leah), but she's terrible about posting pictures of her projects and she gives everything away... but I hacked into her Photobucket:D ~ loving mom that I am ~ to see the baby blanket she just finished and I thought she did such a good job I wanted to share it on her behalf:

ebethsblankie001.jpg

I have no ide where she got the pattern or what yarn and hook she used, but it is pretty, isn't it!:yes The baby it's for is due in late March I believe...

And then I found the picture of this snail, which was very courageous of her to make because she is fiercly afraid of snails:eek - yet she put aside her fears to make this for her friend that's a curator at a museum in the muscles and crustaceon (sp) section *hey, I'm not making this stuff up!*

snailforalana.jpg

You might wonder why she'd be afraid of snails...:think

She was chased by a snail as a child and fell and hurt herself - she still has a scar on her leg!

Okay. Thank you for letting me share this proud mommy moment:manyheart

They are both very cute! :clap I love the border on the round ripple.

I'm sorry she hurt herself and is afraid of them, but I have to tell you it gave me a chuckle when I read and pictured someone being CHASED by a SNAIL. :snail

beautiful! the snail is rather cool I think... hmm, would go well with my collection of ladybugs, giraffes, and mushrooms! lol! She should be proud of her work (and share more pics with us... unless mom does it muwahahaha)

the baby blanket is lovely, the fancy yarn at the edge makes it look sparkly! and good on you Ah Leah for your snail, always great to confront your fears!! He looks pretty cute too

um, did the snail have help or did he chase her on his own?

She did a great job on both of these.

The snail had help!

beautiful! the snail is rather cool I think... hmm, would go well with my collection of ladybugs, giraffes, and mushrooms! lol! She should be proud of her work (and share more pics with us... unless mom does it muwahahaha)

Um, I won't be sharing any more of Ah Leah's work as I was told last night she would share what she wanted to share. :( (see post below) But I hope she does share more of her stuff because it is beautiful work! :yes I taught her to chain and I think single crochet, maybe double, but she learned to read patterns on her own and now has surpassed my abilities (which isn't saying a whole lot!);)

It hardly counts as hacking if I gave you the username and password and told you to go look, but whatever.

I'll post the stuff I wanna post. Let me pick and choose, k?

I *state name here* will not use Ah Leah's password and go into Photobucket and share her crochet work:no any more... no matter how great I think it is and how proud I am!:manyheart

The snail had help!

Um, I won't be sharing any more of Ah Leah's work as I was told last night she would share what she wanted to share. :( (see post below) But I hope she does share more of her stuff because it is beautiful work! :yes I taught her to chain and I think single crochet, maybe double, but she learned to read patterns on her own and now has surpassed my abilities (which isn't saying a whole lot!);)

I *state name here* will not use Ah Leah's password and go into Photobucket and share her crochet work:no any more... no matter how great I think it is and how proud I am!:manyheart

Um I am quite proud of you for **hacking into her stuff** I feel you are a kindred spirit as I know I would have done the same thing. By your DD comments, I think our dds must share the same smarty pants genes.....:devil

I love the Round Ripple in that color and the border is very pretty!, they work well together! And Kudos! on over coming your fear of the snail! Your lil snail critter is a cutie! good job on both!

YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE PROUD!!!! I like the border on the afghan and the snail is great!!!

Ah Leah, think of this as going to the Crochetville honors assembly and we are all applauding your accomplishments and Mom is sitting in the front row with her video camera beaming!!! Can ya tell I've been there done that.

YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE PROUD!!!! I like the border on the afghan and the snail is great!!!

Ah Leah, think of this as going to the Crochetville honors assembly and we are all applauding your accomplishments and Mom is sitting in the front row with her video camera beaming!!! Can ya tell I've been there done that.

Thanks, Lucy, for understanding.

I felt like a schmuck 'cause after I posted the items I was talking to Ah Leah on AIM and then I sent her the link and I know she felt I'd overstepped by posting her stuff without asking, and I immediately realized I had 'cause she told me so very clearly:( . I was almost gonna ask the admins to pull the posting but then it got such positive responses so I didn't.

I am just so proud of her for so many things :manyheart and we're so far away from each other (I'm in Los Angeles and she's in college in Virginia) we communicate by computer and cell phone calls while she's in between classes and I'm on my way to work.

When I see not just her work but how thoughtful and giving she is, that's what I'm so proud of - the talented woman she's become!

Archived