Pattern from: FC Easy Crochet

Yarn: Mary Maxim Starlette Yarn in Brown Heather

I used about 1.5 balls

4 mm crochet hook

Here is my bag:

http://her.blogware.com/2007-02-16%20005.jpg

Here is the lining:

http://her.blogware.com/2007-02-16%20004.jpg

I just used the wizard fabric because it was what I had and because my sister loves wizards. She had emailed me some knitted cabled bags and loves the ribbon so when I saw this pattern in the magazine, I immediately went out and bought the yarn, handles and ribbon. I love it. Everyone who has seen it loves it.

I gave it my own "personal touch" (translation: Many errors)

I've never done BPTr's before in this honeycomb type pattern. I found it to be somewhat confusing and had to rip this out many times. Undaunted, I plodded on, winged it and fixed up errors with chains later on. ha ha (Now I'm giving away all my secrets!) What I've learned over the years is that no one notices my errors but me. So I've given up on trying to make everything perfect. If a lifelong crocheter saw it, I'm sure it would be noticeable to the critical eye. Fortunately for me, I do not have to worry about that in my family.

I do think there may be an error in the pattern and I posted a bit about that in the original thread posted by Angelhair which you can read here.

It's a stunningly beautiful bag and I am very proud of it :) And Angelhair should be too!

I'm in the middle of it right now. Okay, not so much the middle, as nearer to the bottom. I had that row 6 problem you mentioned in Angelhair's post, and figured it out finally (last night). I'm back on a roll and can't wait to finish!

I'm in the middle of it right now. Okay, not so much the middle, as nearer to the bottom. I had that row 6 problem you mentioned in Angelhair's post, and figured it out finally (last night). I'm back on a roll and can't wait to finish!

Yay! I can't wait to see yours!

HI...and what a beautiful job! I have been on a real purse kick also and am planning on trying to tackle that purse next week. Just dug out some wool spun with sari silk that I think will be spectacular. Hope I can do 50% of the job you did. Thank you for sharing it.

MaggieT

HI...and what a beautiful job! I have been on a real purse kick also and am planning on trying to tackle that purse next week. Just dug out some wool spun with sari silk that I think will be spectacular. Hope I can do 50% of the job you did. Thank you for sharing it.

MaggieT

Awww thanks! i can't wait to see how the wool/sari silk turns out. I love that stuff. I haven't been brave enough to buy some yet.

• 4 months later...

I know I'm not current with my post and I hope you see it! Your bag is absolutely gorgeous! I love that color and the ribbon is beautiful! Love the wizard lining too! Great job!

Wish I could find this pattern!

:manyheart:hug

Archived