Post # 158, 112, 84, 58, 33 Mystery CAL for Beginning Threadies...

heart

Hi Everyone! Donna, Suzy, Tahlara -- your mysteries look pretty, lovely and beautiful! Suzy, yours looks so petite and Tahlara, hope yours was right!

And Mrs. Sarah! I'm glad you're glad and that you say I'm always good to have around. Thanks! :ty and :hug However, I still haven't finished my Mystery Valentine CAL (among other things)...trying to crochet an edging around it. I'll finish it and post it, LEA, I promise! Hopefully soon!

If we make 2 of these mysteries, Sarah, I assume they should both be the same color and thread. Or can they be different colors and different threads? Yours is so pretty in the 2 alternating colors!...what about that? Really, I'm just trying to complicate things!

Hope everyone has had a good day and will have a good evening. Please remember me in your prayers; I don't feel too good on way too many days! Yep, I'm seeing doctors!!!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Mrs. Sarah! I'm glad you're glad and that you say I'm always good to have around. Thanks! :ty and :hug However, I still haven't finished my Mystery Valentine CAL (among other things)...trying to crochet an edging around it. I'll finish it and post it, LEA, I promise! Hopefully soon!

You've got a head start...only 360 more days until Valentines Day:P

I had to work today, but guess what's been on my mind all day??? Couldn't wait to get home to do the next rows. I even called my husband at home to see if he could read the pattern to me. That was comical!:laughroll I think mine looks like the others. This is a dusty rose color I got at Walmart. Thanks for your efforts. I'm having a blast!

ctmpphppST7K2.jpg

Okie dokie...I don't want to give away the "suprise"...however, I would do the 2 mysteries in 1 color, b/c...hhmmm, can''t tell you yet! :D

But, if you want to do alternating rows, do the alternating rows the same, so if you do row 1 in white, do the other one the same.

However...If you only want to make 1, then that is fine too. This is a finished project before you have the second one. Confusing...?

You'll know in a few days. This kinda feels like the Secret Pal thingy. Fun isn't it. ;)

So one color is great...I'm only doing the alternating rows to show each row for instructions' sake. I can't show you my finished one that is all 1 color yet b/c it will give it away.

Jeannie, I'm praying for you. :U

Another color...LaDonna, I love it! You all are doing fantabulous! :)

I bet that was just hilarious! It would be a neat thing to have recorded. Kinda like stand-up comedy! hehe.. My hubby won't even attempt that, however, he has asked me to show him how to make a hat, when he has the time.

i am making mine all white....will there be a problem with that due to the pattern? i could only find white at the store i was in....

All white will be just perfect! Especially if you make the 2 to make the suprise, I'd love to see a photo if you can, I am already imagining it in white, I may have to go buy more white to make it tht way too. ;)

Here are today's instructions, they are in the first post too. Just to be easier to find. I will be back on this afternoon, to post photos. I've got an appointment after while.

Day 3

This next row is easy, just keep your chains a little loose.

R6 chain 3, (counts as first dc), dc in next 2 sts, ch6, skip all chain stitches on previous row and {1dc into each of the next 3 dc, ch6. repeat around, slst to the top of beg. ch3 to end this row. equals 36 dc, and 12, ch6 loops. (It may look like it is curling up after this row, don't frog yet, lay it flat and smooth it out first, if it still won't lay flat, look at your chains, are they tight? )

R7 ch3, (counts as first dc), dc in same sp, dc in next dc, 2dc in next dc, (equals 5dc), ch3, sc in ch6 loop from prev. row, ch3, {2dc in next dc, dc in next dc, 2dc in next dc, (5dc) ch3, sc in ch6 loop from prev. row, ch3} repeat around, slst into the top of the beg. ch3 to end this row. equals 60dc, 12sc, 24 ch3 sps.

R8 ch4, (counts as dc, ch1), sk next dc, (dc, ch2, dc, ch1) in next dc, sk next dc, dc, in next dc. ch7, {dc in next dc, ch1, sk next dc, in next dc, put dc, ch2, dc, ch1, sk next dc, dc in next dc, ch7} repeat around, slst to 3rd. chain of beg. ch4 to end this row. equals 12, ch7 sps, 12, ch2 sps, 24 ch1 sps, 48 dc

Have fun!

th_IMAG0023.jpg

I love working with thread. I have a ball of #20 waiting for me to have a try at it.

Oh my goodness, have you all seen the thread of the doily that was made out of "sewing" thread?? It's so beautitul. I hope someday to try that as well.

ok I just spent half the day looking for my camera to take pic of mine to show and I cant find it...Now I know I had it because I used it 2 days ago and its always on my desk...:think

Did my cat take it, nope I checked by his food and litter box not there...

Did son take it , nope he has his own and knows better not to touch mamas things......

Would hubby have taken it hmmmmmmmm lets call him to see.... 1 ringy dingy 2 ringy dingy's :eek he has it.........

Lets see what should the punishment be for taking my camera and not telling me hmmmmmmmm MORE YARN :lol

Will post pic tonight :hook

Ooh, I love looking at (and doing) thread things. :hook

I don't know if I have time to do that one, but I might (if I can find an available ball of thread, my whites are taken up with projects right now, but I've got other colors). It's looking very good so far. :yes

(and I love a good mystery) ;)

I'm caught up on one...in Aunt Lydia's #3 Warm Rose. My ch 7's arch a bit but yours are tight. Just haven't snapped a pic yet. The pattern is lovely, Sarah! Great job!

Shoot, mine must be a bit on the tight side...cus the blocks of dc's are curving like a pinwheel and everyone else's are straight! Oh well, shouldn't be too much of a problem, eh Sarah?

As long as it lays flat it is just fine. This one I'm doing in the different colors for the rows is kinda pinwheel-y too. ;)

Thanks everybody! and you're all welcome! ;)

Tomorrow will be the last day for the first part of the project, You'll have to make another one and come back the next day to see what's next! This is so fun! I'll have to come up with something else to do for another one. :D

Sarah, is it too late to join this great cal? I hope not, because I bit the bullet and bought some thread and I am on row 7. I would be on row 8, but I noticed I missed a dc in round 7, so I had to frog 3/4 of row 8 and all but 2 clusters of row 7. I am using pink thread.

I have always wanted to crochet with thread, but was never courageous enough to tackle it. But with this cal, I gave it a shot, and I must say, I love this. I thought it would be a lot harder than it is.

Thank you for doing this :hug

Everyones looks fabulous, I am just catching up. My boyfriend/bestfriend passed away this weekend. He's the one that I took care of. He was a quadreplegic. I miss him alot, but he's not in pain anymore. My crocheting has helped alot. Plus his family has been wonderful. Well I better get to crocheting so I can catch up. Can't wait to see what it will turn out to be.

Archived