Post # 158, 112, 84, 58, 33 Mystery CAL for Beginning Threadies...

heart

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok everybody..are you all ready? I know I am. I've tested the pattern a few times and am set to post the first few rows tomorrow afternoon. The rest I will post in the early in the am. each day for about 4-5 days. Have a great night! See you tomorrow...:U

Can't wait! I've got my size 3 thread and hook ready (Thanks, Grandma for the stash of hooks! I found a "D" hook in there!)

YAY!!! Ok here we go...The most important thing to remember is not to get frustrated, say a prayer, take a deap breath, and take your time. The instructions are the same as in yarn, nothing differet there. Just thinner materials. :U

Mystery Cal for Beg. Threadies....

I will post row by row photos a short while after the day's directions are posted, just for reference.

Day 1

ch 6, slst to join into a ring

R1 ch3 (counts as first dc) 2dc, ch1, into ring { 3dc, ch1,} 5 times. slst into beg. ch3 to end this row. for a total of 6 ch1 sps. and 18 dc.

R2 slst into top of second dc (middle of the 3dc group) ch4, slst into ch1 sp, ch4, slst into middle dc of next group around. equals 12, ch4, loops (kind of looks like a flower at this stage)

R3 slst to middle of next ch4 loop, ch4, (counts as dc, ch1) dc into the same loop, ch2, {dc, ch1, dc, ch2 into the next loop, repeat around} slst into the 3rd ch of the beg. ch4 to end this row. equals 24 dc, 12 ch1, sps, and 12, ch2 sps. You should have a flat circle shape.

Sorry for posting a few minutes late, my puter is having hissy fits! :D Ok, jump on in, I will be back after while to help with any questions. Enjoy!

R2 slst into top of second dc (middle of the 3dc group) ch4, slst into ch1 sp, ch4, slst into middle dc of next group around. equals 12, ch4, loops (kind of looks like a flower at this stage)

Was I supposed to slip stitch to end on this row?

Was I supposed to slip stitch to end on this row?

Yes, I'm sorry, You slst into the beginning ch of the ch4 to end this row. I went through this pattern several times, I must have missed putting that in. Sorry to take so long to answer you, I was off line for a few to make lunch. After that, you begin R3.

Here are the rows, 1 by 1 each in a different color so you can see how they add on. I am doing my actual project all one color. Each day the pattern will last longer b/c it will be bigger.

row 1 **The first one won't show up, not sure why, but the link works.

1.jpg

with row 2 added

2.jpg

with row 3 added

3.jpg

(hope the different colors don't confuse you, they are just to show each row) I'll be back on after church tonight to answer any more questions. Crochet away! ;)

Hooray! The circle is flat and I have 24 dc. I must admit that "join into a ring" usually makes me break out in a sweat. By round three I often have a basket going, but this is great. The biggest problem was that I clicked myself out of Crochetville three times before I got to post#33. Then I tried to post this reply and wasn't logged in. Thank you so much for a fun time this afternoon. I'll check in tomorrow. Marci

I noticed this CAL for Beginning Threadies but didn't notice it was by you, Mrs. Sarah! So I've got to join just to find out what it's gonna be. Love a mystery! Thanks!

Jeannie, I hope you will be pleasantly suprised! You may think you know what it is after a few days...but everyone will have to come back the last day to find out! :D :D :D;) It is # 3 thread and a "D" hook. The # 10 thread and # 7 hook will work to, but the final project will be small, it works best with the # 3. for this particular pattern.

I noticed this Mystery CAL for Beginning Threadies when it was first posted but didn't notice you were doing it, Mrs. Sarah! And since you are, I've just gotta see what you have up your sleeve! :hook It's so sweet of you to help teach about crocheting with thread. So many beautiful, delicate things can be created with a small hook and small thread. Thank you, Sweetie!

Although, I wish more thread patterns were with #3 or #5 thread and larger hooks. It's gotten to where I don't want to deal with those #8, 9, 10 hooks and size 20 or 30 threads. Gonna have to get one of those fancy light/magnifiers for stuff that small! :lol (Do any of these smilies wear glasses? 8 ) I don't know how to type 'em out anymore!).

Hope everyone has a great time! Sarah is a real sweetheart! :hug

:heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart

what is a D hook

It's just a size in a crochet hook; smaller than E, F, G, H, etc., hooks. Sometimes they're hard to find. Until recently I didn't even know an E hook existed because I'd never seen one!

The really small ones are numbered from 0 (zero) through I don't know how small they go. The smallest I have is a size 10 and they're all steel hooks. I have some so old they have the price on the hook -- 10 cents! Can you believe it? I'll have to see if I can get a pic of that!

Hope that answers your question, Paula.

I thought I lost that 1st post, #43. My computer just kept working and working until I finally hit the back button. That's why #46 is there. Sorry about that!

:clap I did it!!!!!!! I got mine to look like the pictures!!!! I only had to redo it a few times. But that is ok I just kept working on it.

Thank you so much for doing this. I'm having a good time learning something new.

Can't wait untill Monday for the next steps.

Yes, I'm sorry, You slst into the beginning ch of the ch4 to end this row. I went through this pattern several times, I must have missed putting that in. Sorry to take so long to answer you, I was off line for a few to make lunch. After that, you begin R3.

Thank you! That is what I did!

3.jpg

Yeah, mine looks like this! Well, not as pretty as your pink, but it has the same amount of stitches and stuff!!!

WOO HOO - I am on my way!

Archived