Post # 158, 112, 84, 58, 33 Mystery CAL for Beginning Threadies...

heart

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK... I finished one in powder blue and it looks so pretty! The other one I started is sort of a salmon color and I'm not sure if we need the two together if the colors together work for me.... so I might finish off the salmon one htis afternoon and then do a powder blue one this evening...

Thanks so much for doing this Sarah!:hug

Everyones looks fabulous, I am just catching up. My boyfriend/bestfriend passed away this weekend. He's the one that I took care of. He was a quadreplegic. I miss him alot, but he's not in pain anymore. My crocheting has helped alot. Plus his family has been wonderful. Well I better get to crocheting so I can catch up. Can't wait to see what it will turn out to be.

LaVonne, I am so very sorry for your loss; you have my heartfelt sympathies and I'm praying for you, your family, his family and all your friends.

when finishing off....do you weave in the end like yarn? and as far as the blocking what do you suggest? i have to return to work tonight so probably wont get the second one done, but post the next step and i will catch up! thanks so much for doing this....i tried the #10 in a book mark did ok but it was frustrating, but using this thread is easier and makes me want to do more.

when finishing off....do you weave in the end like yarn? and as far as the blocking what do you suggest? i have to return to work tonight so probably wont get the second one done, but post the next step and i will catch up! thanks so much for doing this....i tried the #10 in a book mark did ok but it was frustrating, but using this thread is easier and makes me want to do more.

Yes, weave in the same, and for blocking, I either use the "mist" on my iron, to mist it lightly then carefully iron it, shape it as necessary, you can also lightly spray starch and iron too. Just be careful of spraying to much, b/c it can flake. (I get distracted b/c I have 2 rambunctious little boys)

Lea, those colors sound great! Two colors will work if that is what you like, when the instructions are posted, you will be able to figure it out, so you can decide before you "jump in" if you want. I'm doing mine in 1 color.

Wow, Heather you are fast! That color is gorgeous! Wait till you see what it will be!

Tip* It is not a household item...like it is now...a doily for the # 3 thread, and a coaster for the # 10 thread. I just love how it turns out...It's really hard for me not to post it today. I'm just inpatient! :lol :lol :lol :lol

All the pictures look so pretty! I love the teal, the powder blue, the light blue and if you don't say what color yours is, I might guess it wrong 'cuz I'm partially color blind :eek.

Sarah, the pattern is awesome! How do you creators/designers do it? We should all give Sarah a big :hug and :applause. And Sarah, you should take a :bow. I know it's not finished yet, but you've done a great job!

I can't imagine what the finished item is going to be except it is a beautiful doily now. But with 2 of 'em? hmm.

BTW, mine measures about 8-1/4" across. Hope that's about right! Will have a pic later, maybe. Want to make the 2nd one first.

I'm working on the row 10 now. I would like to see you post the last part tomorrow. This has been fun for me.:clap I'm brand new here and I have enjoyed this CAL sooooo much. Can't wait to get more aquainted with this forum! Everyone is so nice and willing to help. I'm on :c9 !!

I'm with you all the way, LaDonna. I just joined too, I'm working on this CAL and the Blue Star Afghan Cal, and everyone in both has been friendly and helpful. Thanks all of you :manyheart Marci

Yay! I finished row 10. It looks pretty! Now to go back and make another one. I'll have faith that it really will go faster, Sarah, and I'll have two done by tomorrow. If not, I'll catch up asap. Can't wait to see what this turns out to be. Marci

Wow, everyone's looks so great! Heather I love the color you used. And the powder blue looks really good too. I decided to use my left over thread. I had a light blue and light green, as well as white. I didn't realize how much thread it was going to take, so I ran out after row 9 and added white for row 10. Depending on what the surprise is tomorrow, I might whip up a second one in green with row 10 in white as well. Here's what I've got for the first one. I didn't weave in the ends, or block it just yet.

threadCAL1.jpg

Okay, it's not a household item, hmm! I think we're going to start stitching the 2 doilies that are not doilies together and before they're completely stitched together, we're going to insert a balloon and blow it up and then finish stitching them together. After that I don't know what we'll do with it...bounce it around??? Oh, but that doesn't fit with "vintage look", does it? :lol:rofl

WHAT IS IT??? I can't wait to find out! Sarah is really keeping this a good secret...how can she stand it? Not telling us!

I've gotta say, I'm not even DOING this CAL (no time for another project right now), but I can't wait to see what it is!!!! Everyone's work looks SO beautiful! Great job everybody! :clap:cheer

I thought I was going to be able to make a second one today/tonight, but everyday life just had to step in. I spent 3 hours at the orthopedic clinic with my daughter today. She had to have a cast put on her thumb, hand and part of her arm. Then we had to run our errands, including picking up more thread and yarn :lol

I won't have time to make one tonight, and I have to work tomorrow, so I will see the surprise when I get home from work. If I can muster enough self control, I will make my second one before reading this thread. But I don't think that will happen ;)

Here is the one I have finished. I have no clue how to block it, so it will stay as is for the time being.

th_row10done.jpg

clickable

I have no clue how to block it, so it will stay as is for the time being.
Hope this will be helpful! This project may not require the amount of blocking that some thread items do. But here are two links to check out although it's a lot of information:

http://www.crochetmemories.com/crochet7.php and http://www.crochetmemories.com/crochet8.php

I thought I was going to be able to make a second one today/tonight, but everyday life just had to step in. I spent 3 hours at the orthopedic clinic with my daughter today. She had to have a cast put on her thumb, hand and part of her arm. Then we had to run our errands, including picking up more thread and yarn :lol
So sorry your daughter had to go through that, and you too! That's hard on a mom!

Your work is beautiful!

Jeannie, thank you for the links. I will bookmark them so I can read them as time allows.

This is the third time she has been in a cast. While we were at the clinic today, they pulled up the wrong xray's. They pulled up the wrist one from last year. So 2 years in a row, she has broken bones, almost to the day. I'm not sure if I will let her go skiing next year :think

This is my first time completing a thread project, and I must admit I am so happy it turned out like it did. I was real hesitant to attempt it, but I figured if it didn't turn out right, it wasn't because I didn't try. I'm so excited that I can do it that I bought more thread and hooks today:D

Okay, it's not a household item, hmm! I think we're going to start stitching the 2 doilies that are not doilies together and before they're completely stitched together, we're going to insert a balloon and blow it up and then finish stitching them together. After that I don't know what we'll do with it...bounce it around??? Oh, but that doesn't fit with "vintage look", does it?

WHAT IS IT??? I can't wait to find out! Sarah is really keeping this a good secret...how can she stand it? Not telling us!

:nahnah:loco:rofl You're toooo funny! :P It is a fun :sher and I have had to :bang a few times. I am going to feel like this :scared until I wake up in the morning! Ahhh, then finally :c9 . So :sleep:night everyone! Se you all when the :sun comes up!:h5

Mel, prayers are with you and your daughter, and your's is very pretty! ;)

Mommy 2 Max...I'm glad you ae following along! I believe there will be a few late joiners once everyone sees the final project.

I'm excited to see what Lea thinks about it, since she put this whole thing into motion. :clap

Finally. the second part of the mystery is complete. It did go much faster this time, Sarah. Of course, I didn't have to frog row 7 three times for the second one. That saved a lot of time. Can't wait til tomorrow. Marci

I have both of my "doilies" done and am anxiously waiting tomorrow's post. My son and husband are trying to guess what this is going to be. They came up with some wacky ideas. :eek I can't thank you enough for taking the time to do this!

Everyone's work looks great!:cheer

Archived