Post # 158, 112, 84, 58, 33 Mystery CAL for Beginning Threadies...

heart

Sarah, is it too late to join this great cal? I hope not, because I bit the bullet and bought some thread and I am on row 7. I would be on row 8, but I noticed I missed a dc in round 7, so I had to frog 3/4 of row 8 and all but 2 clusters of row 7. I am using pink thread.

I have always wanted to crochet with thread, but was never courageous enough to tackle it. But with this cal, I gave it a shot, and I must say, I love this. I thought it would be a lot harder than it is.

Thank you for doing this :hug

Praise the Lord and you are very welcome. and it's never too late! Glad you jumped in with us! and very happy you love it! A lot are intimidated by thread, but it is the same as yarn, just skinnier. You kinda have to develop a feel for it. After that, it's true love! :U

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyones looks fabulous, I am just catching up. My boyfriend/bestfriend passed away this weekend. He's the one that I took care of. He was a quadreplegic. I miss him alot, but he's not in pain anymore. My crocheting has helped alot. Plus his family has been wonderful. Well I better get to crocheting so I can catch up. Can't wait to see what it will turn out to be.

I'm very sorry for your loss, and praying for you and his family. :hug

Can't wait til this mystery is solved! :think I've finished mine for the day. My ch 7's are loose. Will this be alright? Thanks again for all the fun!:hug

ctmpphpP1bWN0.jpg

Ladonna, they should be ok. You can do them again with the same tension and ch6 if you want them to be straight. We all crochet differently, so it's what ever works for you. A little loose is ok in this pattern, and for the ones who did theirs tight, just as long is it isn't tight enough to curl up on you. ;) Laying flat is key. :)

Jeannie, I think we are using the same color..I threw away my wrapper, but I think mine was warm rose too. :U Quite a few of us are going for the pink/rose tones. I love all the different colors, the teal was very nice, I haven't seen that here anywhere to buy. So far we have pink, rose, red, white, teal, green, and blue..any other colors not posted yet or that I missed? I love this, I'm so excited for you all to find out I can't stand it! ;) But I'll wait to tell you...:dance

I was out all day and just got chance to sit down with you all around 9pm. I just finished row 8, so I'm all caught up. Would have finished sooner but, I had to rip back row 7 three times! Once because I missed a dc, and twice because I dc'd in the chain six spaces! :think I chanted out loud chain 1,2,3 SINGLE crochet chain 1,2,3 to finally get the row done right!

Ladonna, my project looks like yours: color, loopy chain 7's and all.

Thank you for posting a picture of your work. :manyheart Tomorrow I'll get here earlier, before I'm too tired to read the directions. Marci

Finally caught up! Here is a pic of mine. Camara pic, can't use my scanner something wrong with it. Have to find my instructions and reinstall it for it to work. But I think mine turned out a little loose too.

mysterycal.jpg

LaVonneK, I am so very sorry for your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time for you.

Ladonna, my project looks like yours, too. The color looks close to mine, and my chain 7's are loose, too. I may redo the round and see if I can get them any tighter.

I am having trouble getting a pic of mine tonight. This camera doesn't take very good pics with the flash. I'll keep trying, but may have to wait until I have daylight.

I think I'll join this CAL tomorrow when I get home and find some thread to get started. I've got plenty of it, and need to get rid of my stash. This should be a good way to get started!

A question, please correct me if I am wrong. Tomorrow is the last day for instructions of project's first part. So we have to fasten off the first piece before we make another ? That's before we have to wait for next part.

When I get the answer to this question, I will catch up in morning tomorrow.

I'm all caught up and this is what it looks like so far... (not a very good pic because of poor lighting, but you get the idea). Also, you can't really tell, but I'm using a light blue. :)

thread cal rw8.jpg

A question, please correct me if I am wrong. Tomorrow is the last day for instructions of project's first part. So we have to fasten off the first piece before we make another ? That's before we have to wait for next part.

When I get the answer to this question, I will catch up in morning tomorrow.

Yes, today is the last part, and you can stop with today's instructions if you want, b/c it will be a nice and small first project for those new to thread. If you want to go on and make the rest of the project you are welcome too.

After today's instructions, you do end off, then make another one exactly the same and come back tomorrow for the last part.

I can give everyone an extra day or I can post the last part tomorrow morning. Let me know what you all want to wait to have an extra day to finish the next one, or if you want me to post the last tomorrow. The majority will decide.

Mimi and Lavon...they are great! and I love the light blue! another color to add to the many beautiful ones we have.

Welcome al the newbies joining in. We are :cheer you on with us!:manyheart

Day 4 (for those having trouble with your chains being too loose, you can try to have a tighter tension, that may help, if you are not happy with the loopy ch7's from the previous row, you can do a ch6 with the same tension, if you want to frog that row, either way will be fine)

R9 slst over to the ch2 sp. ch3, (counts as first dc) 2dc, ch2, 3dc in same sp, {ch4, sc in the ch7 sp, ch4, sk ch1 sp, (3dc, ch2, 3dc) in the ch2 sp}, repeat around and slst to the top of the beg. ch3 to end this row. equals 12 ch2 sps, 12 sc, 24 ch4 sps, and 72 dc

R 10 ch5, sc in ch2 sp, (skipping 2dc) ch5, sk 2dc, sc in last dc, {ch5, sc in ch4 sp, ch5, sc in next ch4 sp, ch5, sc in next dc, ch5, sk 2dc, sc in ch2 sp, ch5, sk 2dc, sc in last dc} repeat around, end with slst into the begenning chain, equals 60, ch5 loops. Fasten off and enjoy a sweet-----------? You can stop here, or make another one and come back tomorrow to find out what is next! (entire project only takes two of these.....for those who are wondering) The second one is always easier because you are familiar with it by then. Iron/block as needed to shape the loops on the edge. Hope to see you tomorrow!

It will have a vintage feel! Hope you all like it! :D

I chanted out loud chain 1,2,3 SINGLE crochet chain 1,2,3 to finally get the row done right!

Hahaha! You're funny...I do that too! :hook

:whewIt's nice to know that other people do that too. I thought I was the only one that did that :wink

Sarah, I have a question regarding today's rounds.

On row 9, you state R9 slst over to the ch2 sp. ch3, (counts as first dc) 2dc, ch2, 3c in same sp

Where it it underlined, should that be 3dc? After reading the instructions for the entire row, that is what I think you are saying. Am I right? Just trying to get it right the first time so I don't have to frog it. Thanks so much. I'm having a great time doing this!!

I'm working on the row 10 now. I would like to see you post the last part tomorrow. This has been fun for me.:clap I'm brand new here and I have enjoyed this CAL sooooo much. Can't wait to get more aquainted with this forum! Everyone is so nice and willing to help. I'm on :c9 !!

:clap I just finished row 10!! I am so glad I joined this cal. I have tried a few times to crochet with thread, but I just couldn't do it. Doing this project a few rows at a time really helped me, especially since I have so many problems with my hands and wrists. I think my problems in the past were that it was just so overwhelming working with a different medium (trying something outside of my comfort zone which was yarn and a big hook) and having long patterns.

I will have to work on my tension with thread. In some places it is loose, and some it is tight. I'm sure that will come in time with lots of practice.

I would also like to see the last part posted tomorrow, but whatever you choose to do is fine with me!

Thank You Sarah for making my first project in thread to be so enjoyable. :hug

After today's instructions, you do end off, then make another one exactly the same and come back tomorrow for the last part.

Why do we make a second one when we already have one? Or is that part of the surprise? I don't mind making a second one. I'm just curious. :think

Sarah, I have a question regarding today's rounds.

On row 9, you state R9 slst over to the ch2 sp. ch3, (counts as first dc) 2dc, ch2, 3c in same sp

Where it it underlined, should that be 3dc? After reading the instructions for the entire row, that is what I think you are saying. Am I right? Just trying to get it right the first time so I don't have to frog it. Thanks so much. I'm having a great time doing this!!

Yes, it is dc, I'm so sorry. Geesh, how could I have missed that. Sorry for confusing you. Thanks for telling me, I'll go back and fix it.

Finished mine :cheer:clap:cheer ! I had to take a break before I could finish. I'm watching my granddaughter (7 months old) and she needed to eat and take a bath. It's nap time now, so Nana can crochet. I'm gonna start my second one and be ready for the last part. :hook

Why do we make a second one when we already have one? Or is that part of the surprise? I don't mind making a second one. I'm just curious. :think

Yes it is part of the suprise. :devil I'm tickled pink that everyone likes it! I'd love to see one done in # 10 thread, too. I know there were a few doing that, I bet it is very dainty and lady like...especially for tomorrow! I'll post the row pictures for anyone needing them.

So tomorrow it will be for the rest. :cheer:clap

Great job everyone!! Hope you feel confident and are excited about working with thread. I'm humbled and happy to have helped in a small way. :manyheart

Archived