Post # 158, 112, 84, 58, 33 Mystery CAL for Beginning Threadies...

heart

I made 2 powder blue ones and two salmon colored ones.... the problem was that there is not enough blue to scallop the two together so I used burgundy... it is looking so lovely and very very vintage.... we do civil war reenactments and you better believe this one is going with me this year!!!!

Thanks Sarah!!!!...

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way to go, Sarah!:cheer This has been so much fun. And the finished purse is such a fun surprise. Even though I :think and:think I never came up with sewing the two pieces into a purse. I like the idea of filling it with sachet, but I'll use it for a mini-purse when I don't need to lug my usual suitcase size satchel along with me:lol Thanks again for turning this whole week into a Purse-ful of fun. Marci

Praise the Lord, thank Lea for the idea! You're welcome everyone!

Suzy...It is beautiful!

Glad you had fun Marci! :)

Can't wait to see Lea's! I bet those civl war re-inactments are fun. We have some here...but it is the Revolutionary war..the Battle of Cowpens I have yet to go..but I'm hoping to take theboys this year.

Great work everyone! Hope you have a new confidence about thread. ;)

I like the sachet idea. I just FINALLY dug out my thread and got started. Only size 3 I have is green, but hey next month is St Pats day. Perfect color!! I have no green clothes so I could make myself smell extra good and wear a sachet to work. Will see what i decide when I get it cloer to being done. Maybe I will make it into a giftie for the lady I take care of.

I like the sachet idea. I just FINALLY dug out my thread and got started. Only size 3 I have is green, but hey next month is St Pats day. Perfect color!! I have no green clothes so I could make myself smell extra good and wear a sachet to work. Will see what i decide when I get it cloer to being done. Maybe I will make it into a giftie for the lady I take care of.

Glad you are going to make it. and what a wonderful idea to give as a gift. Have fun! :)

Sarah, did you create that handle pattern? Don't think I've ever seen that before in any patterns but then it's been a long time since I've been into crochet and crochet has really changed! Anyway, you did a superb job with this pattern and I thank Lea, too, for having the idea. Now, how about a filet crochet CAL? Just an :idea!

Everyone's work looks great! Lea, I just love that blue but I don't see the burgundy too well :( because of my color vision deficiency.

Another use for this could be a jewelry pouch, lined in satin (how do you type ooo's and aaah's?...I think the aaah is okay.), if it's made in smaller thread--maybe make a draw string closure? Whaddya think?

Here's my Warm Rose Size 3 Thread "Loopy Bag". Good name for it, huh? It certainly has lots of loops! It took almost the whole 150 yds for the bag! I don't have a lining for it yet but it's holding some of my fun fur right now. These pics are clickable. Thanks for looking and good night everyone!

th_loopydoily3.jpg

th_loopydoily2a.jpg

Sarah, did you create that handle pattern? Don't think I've ever seen that before in any patterns but then it's been a long time since I've been into crochet and crochet has really changed! Anyway, you did a superb job with this pattern and I thank Lea, too, for having the idea. Now, how about a filet crochet CAL? Just an :idea!

Everyone's work looks great! Lea, I just love that blue but I don't see the burgundy too well :( because of my color vision deficiency.

Another use for this could be a jewelry pouch, lined in satin (how do you type ooo's and aaah's?...I think the aaah is okay.), if it's made in smaller thread--maybe make a draw string closure? Whaddya think?

Here's my Warm Rose Size 3 Thread "Loopy Bag". Good name for it, huh? It certainly has lots of loops! It took almost the whole 150 yds for the bag! I don't have a lining for it yet but it's holding some of my fun fur right now. These pics are clickable. Thanks for looking and good night everyone!

th_loopydoily3.jpg

th_loopydoily2a.jpg

I got something similar ( to the handle) in a Christmas exchange on a yahoo group from some one, it was a crocheted ribbon, but I like this scallop. I've also seen similar patterns in lacy crocheted stuff, but still not the same. So this one was divine inspiration! :D Your bag is beautiful! I'm glad you liked the pattern. I see you pm'd me, I'll have to go read that. I've been sitting here looking up every few minutes, I'm working on towel toppers for my 93 year old neighbor. She gave me 6 towels, which made 12, and when hubby took them to her, he came back with a box full! She wants them for her sunday school class. :manyheart

Finished my green one...now I've just gotta weave in the ends and block, but that will have to wait until tomorrow after work, if I'm feeling up to it.

They all look wonderful!

I found that I dropped a spoke of dc's on my 3rd row on the 2nd one I made so it only has 11 instead of 12 so they don't match up. I may just leave it has 2 doilies since I would have to tie in the thread to finish it and I don't want an ugly knot so I haven't decided yet.

Sorry about that Heather. They are pretty as doilies. :) You did the work on them, and they are beautiful, so you use them as you want to. Origionally it was going to be a doily, then I got this idea to make it into a bag. Some have coasters, b/c they used # 10 thread, I still need to do that, I'd like to see how small they are. Made into a set that would be a nice gift for someone. I think you did a beautiful job, and it is great either way. :U

I finally put mine together. I stuffed it with polyfill to take a picture, I'll have to wait till I'm around a sewing machine and some fabric to add a lining, which won't be for a while...I'm kinda disappointed.

purse_green.jpg

purse_Blue.jpg

Amy, You did a beautiful job! They are lovely, and the colors are great! I don't have a sewing machiene either, So I will hand sew a liner when I feel froggy, probably be a while, b/c I don't like to sew. But I love this bag, I think I will make a few more for Secret Pal and Secret Sister (at my church) gifts. ;)

I was half tempted to make mine into a pillow...especially after I put the polyfill in, but I think I like it as a cute little (kinda) purse. I'll make a fashion statement carrying it around! And, I'll probably try to use up any more size 3 thread that I've got to make some more! Now I've just gotta figure out what to do with the size 5 and 10 thread that I've got in Christmas colors...guess I could get a early start on ornaments!

Archived