Post # 158, 112, 84, 58, 33 Mystery CAL for Beginning Threadies...

heart

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my second post, hehe. I decide to go ahead with this mystery cal tonight. I think I did it wrong somehow. Here is the photo. *clickable*

th_IMG_0564.jpg

On the 2nd row, I make 11 loops, so I create another one before I can slip st to beginning loop. On 3rd row, I notice I have additional loop even if I got all 24 dc on 3rd loops ?

Did I do it right ? I am not sure.

Tahlara, on the second row you should have 12 loops, the begenning ch4 counts as the first loop, and at the end of this row you slst to the first ch of the begenning to end the row. For row 3 do you have 12, ch1 spaces and 12, ch2 spaces? At the end of row we are going to slst into the first stitch made to join each row, then chain up to the next row. This isn't worked as a spiral. Looks pretty good, just make sure you have 12, ch1 spaces, then you are good and can go on to the next row easily. I thought you had 25 dc, but I see it was how you joined the last row. Here are todays instructions next... :yay

Day 2

R4 slst into the next ch1 sp. ch3, 2dc into the same sp (counts as 3 dc) ch3, {3dc, ch3 into the next ch1 sp around} slst into the top of the beg. ch3 to end this row. skipping all the ch2 sps. equals 36 dc and 12, ch3 sps.

R5 slst into next dc, ch3, 2dc in same sp, ch3, sc into ch3 sp from prev. row, ch3, {skip dc, 3dc into next dc, ch3, skip next dc, sc in ch3 sp on prev. row, ch3} repeat around. slst into top of beg. ch3 to end this row. equals 36 dc, 12 sc, 24 ch3 sps. Take a deep breath! WOW, look at that. Neat huh?

Check and see if it will lay flat now. Lay it flat and smooth out with your hand onto a flat surface, if it lays flat, you're good. If not, and it is curling up, take out rows 4 and 5, and try it with a looser tension, it was to tight. If it is ruffling up, count your stitches, make sure they have the correct numbers per stitch. When it lays flat, continue. (This was just to help incase there are any problems) It may have a little bit of curve, everyone crochets with different tension, but that will flatten out when you iron it.

Answering a few questions...those of you starting today, you should be able to catch up pretty easily, the first day went kinda quick .

A "D" is just a smaller size hook. ( for # 3 thread)

And a # 6 will work just fine too. (for # 10 thread)

Today there are only 2 rows, I know we all crochet at different speeds, and I just want to make sure we all can get it done, and feel good about what we've done. :) Tomorrow there will be 3 rows again.

I decided to give this a try. I am using RH super fingering but I plan to buy som size 3 thread today or tomorrow and make it with both of them. I am all caught up and it has turned out pretty good so far. I'll post a pic as soon as I get it on my computer.

I'm working on mine right now...I am doing two and I had to frog my first one and redo....Its going fine though...

hehehe...It is good that you are doing 2, :D you'll find out why the last day!

Anyone else want to do 2 as you go, go ahead. It is good practice too. :hook

YAY! YAY! YAY!! Glad everyones doing good!

Donna Love the photo, that's exactly what it is supposed to look like!

The fingering weight yarn will work too, and make a nice finished project too.

Sorry you had to frog Lea...I need to finish row 5, then I will post the row by row photos. So it will be earlier than 2 pm.

Lea, you're too funny!

And I love the red! YAY! I can't wait to post tomorrows! ;) The only reason my photos are showing up is b/c I scanned them with the scanner, I can't get my camera to show good detail, that is my fault, I don't know what to do, maby take the pic outside in the day light with out the flash maby? Anywho...this is fun huh..

:clap

I did it!!! Thank you

I'm so happy to be learning something new!!!!

Can't wait to see what the next rows will be.

By the way I'm doing mine in a pink color.

Hi everybody. I just finished row 5. Mine looks like all of yours, and it lays flat!:clap All of the picutures look great. I'm using a dusty rose shade from Aunt Lydia's, also the best color going at Wal-Mart the day I was there, but it's pretty. I really have to learn more about this computer so I can post pictures, too. Marci

You are all very welcome! Praise the Lord! :) This pattern just kinda came right out. I didn't have to think about it...usually I think, alot! :eek

I'm glad more are doing the pink/rose colors...some don't like it. You are either a pink person, or you're not. hehe..Have fun. Thanks for joining in everyone!:yay

Archived