Calla Lily doily

crochetrae

Thank you everybody for your kind words!! It means a lot to me.

Pam, I put off making this for a year after I bought the pattern thinking the calla lilies would be difficult, but it really wasn't. Each one is a tiny doily rolled up. The worst part was having to do 8 of the same thing. I get bored easily. If I had to do it again, I would roll each one a little tighter so the white base wouldn't show under the green part of the doily. But at the time you're making them, you have no way of knowing how tightly they should be rolled :think .

It was a guessing game, but turned out okay, I think.

Thanks for the explanation, I felt the same way when I started working on a rose doily and a pansy doily but I jumped in. I am still working on both right now. If I only had 8 to do I would be done with the roses and the pansies, LOL, I have to do 16 ea, LOL but I think it will be worth it in the end. I am glad to see I am not the only one who get's bored easily, whew, that's why I have so my WIP's going including the 2 doilies.

The only thing I can keep focused on is when I do testing for someone, I have deadlines and commitments so then I know I will get the project accomplished, LOL.

Pam

Thank you everybody for your kind words!! It means a lot to me.

Pam, I put off making this for a year after I bought the pattern thinking the calla lilies would be difficult, but it really wasn't. Each one is a tiny doily rolled up. The worst part was having to do 8 of the same thing. I get bored easily. If I had to do it again, I would roll each one a little tighter so the white base wouldn't show under the green part of the doily. But at the time you're making them, you have no way of knowing how tightly they should be rolled :think .

It was a guessing game, but turned out okay, I think.

Beautiful doily. Just beautiful. You did a fantastic job. I love that dark green color too. Its perfect.

Wow, that is beautiful!! My bouquet for my wedding was calla lilies and peach colored roses....I would love to make this doily!

Edited because I didn't see the link to the pattern the first time! Duh!

That looks really pretty, it's nice to see that angle pic for that doily, I've been looking at that pattern for awhile now but I've been putting off trying it. It looks very eyecatching, wherever it's put it'll attract attention, you just don't often see a floral doily, other than roses-not to buy anyway!

• 3 weeks later...

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. :c9

I've been hesitant to make this one, just because it looks so complex, but I've been searching for an Easter/Spring pattern for an Easter exhange I'm participating in, and with your photo and comments, I think I've finally settled on this one. Now I'm really excited! :rabbit

Thanks for sharing. :manyheart

(Btw, did you use frosty green?)

Oh my, that's beautiful! It gives me a skills goal to reach towards. I want to get good enough at thread crochet to make that calla lilly pattern. Congratulations on such a pretty piece!

Archived