suggestions for project "carriers"?

I get real frustrated with all my yarn and projects laying around everywhere! I'm a super organized person, but for some reason I just can't seem to find the right "carrier" for projects. I like to take them along with me when I leave the house, too. any suggestions?

I use zip lock bags for small projects that I take to work. Tote bags to store all the other various projects in and rubbermaid totes to hold everything to keep it out of site.

I use a canvas "shower" tote for small projects. It has a big compartment with small 7 pockets around the outside. You can get it at Bed, Bath and Beyound. Craft places carry totes lots of pockets. Look around and you're bound to find something you like.

Ellie 13

I use gift bags to organize projects. A normal size one holds 2 skeins and large one holds an afghan. Then when I'm finished - I already have the bag for it. I always keep a few extra around for my own projects. Not bad from the $1 store.

I went to Wal-Mart the other day and found woven baskets with handles fully lined in muslin that were the perfect size for projects. I picked up 4 of them thinking they were $12.00 each. When I got to the cashier they had been marked down to $4.00 each :clap . Great deal. Not something I would take out of the house for a carry-along project but I have a small tote bag for that.

I'm making myself the "Bobbling along Aran Tote" by Celeste Young for carrying my projects in and I'm almost done. I'm so excited to have a tote bag for my projects. :)

I hope you find something that works for you!

i took over one of my dd diaper bags. I got it at Babies R Us years ago and it is the "stylish" kind where it doesnt really look like a diaper bag and definetly doesnt have any Winnie the Pooh on it.

all along the inside are little pockets PERFECT to hold my crochet case, small skeins of yarn, scissors, etc. then in the middle i put my pattern book, yarn (usually about 4 skeins) and whatever else i need. it is just the right size for me.

I use the plastic zipperd bags new sheet sets come in for parts of my stash and storage ottomans too, along with some chests. For actual projects, I use the freebie shoulder bags I got from work, the logo doesn't bother me.

Every time I go to Food Basics (grocery store), I pick up one or two of their canvas shopping bags to bring home. I have a bunch of them filled with my WIPs to carry around where-ever I go. They're large, sturdy but don't have any pockets unless I get the motivation to sew some on. Now I just need to find some more rubbermaid containers to hold the yarn I'm not currently using.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

I just use grocery bags to hold my yarn & my WIP's. And I tote them everywhere I go. Then when I'm finish, I store all my finished blankets in the larger bags that you get when you purchase large items, like from Target or something. Then to store my yarns I bought large zip-lock bags. It's alot easier that way.

jaye

I'm making myself the "Bobbling along Aran Tote" by Celeste Young for carrying my projects in and I'm almost done. I'm so excited to have a tote bag for my projects. :)

I hope you find something that works for you!

Ooooh, I googled that bag and found the pattern. It looks so cool! I've been wanting a tote for my crochet/knit projects, and it just seems right that it should be made of yarn too. Definitely going on my project list.

Around the house, I try to sort my current WIPs into gift bags, or similarly shaped paper bags with handles. I have a little wicker basket, too, but it would be too much to have one for each WIP.

Archived