Vintage Crochet Cardigan CAL

flyinghooks

I

have gotten completely off track myself but I keep up with what others are doing. I think I have too many irons in the fire.

Darski, maybe Dora needs a Vintage Cardigan! :lol

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey did everyone see this thread?

It's this cardigan made by another villager! She looks great in it.

I made some progress this weekend at my conference. These squares are great for whipping off while listening to speakers! I think I did 18-19 squares over the 2 day conference. I'm up to 50 squares now - still 21 to go... I think! Let's see 25 back, 10+10 for front panels =45. Then I'm planning on doing 12 squares/arm x2 = 24 + 2 gussetts = 26 45+26=71. I'm not doing the squares for the cuffs. I think I'll just do a ribbing... we'll see. I'm still getting 6 squares / skein so I should have 2 skeins left for edging & assembly.

Back to hooking :hook (and taxes!:eek )

Hey did everyone see this thread?

It's this cardigan made by another villager! She looks great in it.

I made some progress this weekend at my conference. These squares are great for whipping off while listening to speakers! I think I did 18-19 squares over the 2 day conference. I'm up to 50 squares now - still 21 to go... I think! Let's see 25 back, 10+10 for front panels =45. Then I'm planning on doing 12 squares/arm x2 = 24 + 2 gussetts = 26 45+26=71. I'm not doing the squares for the cuffs. I think I'll just do a ribbing... we'll see. I'm still getting 6 squares / skein so I should have 2 skeins left for edging & assembly.

Back to hooking :hook (and taxes!:eek )

Yess I saw that and it looks great. I'm now seriously considering making this sweater for my mom. Maybe for christmas or earlier if I do start it. Would RH WW be okay for it? Its mostly what I have. Don't have as much variety as everyone else.

Pat A.

Yess I saw that and it looks great. I'm now seriously considering making this sweater for my mom. Maybe for christmas or earlier if I do start it. Would RH WW be okay for it? Its mostly what I have. Don't have as much variety as everyone else.

Pat A.

Yes, that would be great for this pattern. Just play to get gauge if needed

I like RH for the colours and that it gets so soft when you wash and dry it.

Yes, that would be great for this pattern. Just play to get gauge if needed

I like RH for the colours and that it gets so soft when you wash and dry it.

Thanks Darski. Now I have time to look for a good color.

Pat A.

Any progress reports? I have to go out and buy some more yarn to lengthen my sleeves and the put the final edging on. Hopefully I'll be buying the yarn tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

Quick progress update: All that's missing is the edging along the sleeves, an additional buttonhole & button, and the collar edging. <--I look at that sentence and I think hey I can get that done in a couple evenings, but then I get home and look at the cardigan and I think, boy this is going to take a while; why couldn't I just have directly followed the pattern?!

:lol Anyone else feel that way?

Quick progress update: All that's missing is the edging along the sleeves, an additional buttonhole & button, and the collar edging. <--I look at that sentence and I think hey I can get that done in a couple evenings, but then I get home and look at the cardigan and I think, boy this is going to take a while; why couldn't I just have directly followed the pattern?!

:lol Anyone else feel that way?

I never ever follow a pattern exactly!! I always have to tweak it a bit here or there!

At least you've assembled it! :clap I'm looking at a pile of squares!:eek

Way to go Clocke! You're an inspiration to the rest of us! I'm still working on mine. Time is not on my side right now. I'll keep plugging away.

I finished making all the squares. Now I have begun weaving in ends and assembling sections (front panels, back, sleeves). I'm blocking the sections as I go.

462130379_75af08de9f_m.jpg 462130363_0d5e38125f_m.jpg (both clickable)

So far I have assembled the front two panels - the one on the left was blocked last night and is dry. The one on the right is wet, just blocked. 16 of the 25 panels for the back are pinned on my board (where I put them back in February - they were the first 16 squares done) surrounded by the other 9 and the remaining giant pile of squares!!

The close-up of the front panels shows the design coming out nicely, I think...

Let's see what I can get done tonight!

Wow, flyinghooks, that color is really nice. Is it a wine?

& Yup, I hope to post pics of mine soon. :)

Yes, thanks, it's Knit Picks Wool of the Andes "Mulled Wine"

I've now assembled and blocked 2 front panels and a sleeve. Second sleeve is one "seam" away from the blocking board.

Even with a 3rd row of 4 squares, the sleeves seem so so short. :think I don't think I have enough yarn to make 8 more squares and still do a wide button hole edging... I guess I'll finish assembling and then see what happens...

Youdid a great job flying hooks, I admire your application.

I must confess I have no intention of blocking lol

I'm back on track actually : I found a yarn and a hook size that give a satisfying result... and I found a way of joining as I go

:hook

20070409_3.JPG 20070409_2.JPG

pics are clickable.

I'm not fast because I have various projects going on at the same time but I already did 4 strips of 4

By the way, I'm doing it for my daughter, I hope it will be faster... :devil

flyinghooks - I feel the same way with this project.:yuck Here is the status of my cardigan. Mind you, it don't show all the squares that I finished. Only about 56 squares, I think, the rest is on the table. Both are clickable.

th_IMG_0569_2.jpg Should show the colors better.

th_IMG_0570.jpg Show in the natural light (I tried.)

I got some yarn needles and two more skeins that I don't use yet. After a knitting project (nearby done scarf), I hope to start the assembling part on sunday. That's if I will stop staring at the pile and thread up the yarn through the needle. *sighs* :sigh

Archived