Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

So are gsds...:(

Since I'm always afraid of falling and breaking something...and after seeing my xrays, DS has also warned me to be careful... any future furbaby will have to be smaller. Our first dog was a Sheltie - and wonderful. We may go back to the breed.

I was at the vet practice I used to take Susie to and witnessed a litter of Newfies being brought in by 2 women. They carried one in at a time since they were so big! I think they said they were 6 weeks old.

I've met Newfies a couple of times and they are sooo sweet! Their bark, however, can shake a house!:lol

Yeah they are great dogs...but as Hub-E would say, "You need a second job just to keep them in food..." Hub-E loves St. Bernards...he's like a little kid when he sees one in person...

My aunt has a Sheltie and she's awesome...

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judy, you could get several new fur babies for 50 pounds if they were all puppies.

Julie, you could get lots of cakes for 50 pounds. It wouldn't have to be one big one. That way you could get all your favorites.

I have started the Challenge quilt and have one corner and part of the side done. I'm pleased. And all my points are matching perfectly so far. Yay! :yay

post-9295-135897628834_thumb.jpg

Time to get Kim going again. Back later. :manyheart

:yay*Good morning.....well, afternoon for most of you!* My punctuation ......can it be a couple? I always do *~~* or something like that. Something FUN! lol or I always use the !!!!! Because I'm loud like that as well!

Sounds like all is well for most! I MUST say......I've got the BIEBER FEVER too! lol Loved the movie and I've always liked the little guy! Pretty cool to me how he got to where he is now. His parents were super young, they split up and his mom was trying to make it on her own----who would of thought? I enjoyed every minute of it---I was singing right along with Aree dancing in her seat too. lol

The ring thang.........I'm a little scared- ...sounds weird, right? I don't want to get sooooo excited and then get let down if you know what I mean. I would hope he wasn't playing with me but who knows anymore! I will DEFINITELY keep you posted. That day when you see nothing but a ring and a finger posted on here w/ no other words, need I say more? lol

Anyhow- work is going well, nothing crazy today thank heavens. Good thing my hair is spikey it would be standing anyway if it werent. and the Purple/blue in it is just for my SPUNK!

Supposed to be around 50 degrees today , it's been BEAUTIFUL the last couple of days but what do you know.....it's supposed to get thunder snowy tonight! Holy crap!!!! Can't it be over already?

Back again! I ended up spending the morning shopping with dd. I bought a mjacket from the clearance rack at Kohls, and DD got a really cute "little black dress" from the clearance rack at Penney's. I also went to Joann's and bought a doily pattern book to use for the doily-ghan along thread. DD took me out for lunch and then I got groceries. I'm going to play with yarn and hooks for the rest of the afternoon now.

I was thinking about the 50 pound question while I was out, and I also chose fabric, (although I'm not picky, mine can come from a regular fabric store)

Hi guys

Another quick stop in . Love how creative you are with your "50 pound" answers . That one certainly had me thinking .. like the time I drove to a town 30 minutes away. When I left town , I saw a big billboard from Planned Parenthood. It said there are 21 different means of birth control,so I spent the entire drive down and back,trying to name all 21.

Never DID get all of them,but it has been MANY MOONS,Hiawatha,since I have needed to be up to date on those issues .

Linda

The start to your quilt is gorgeous ! Such pretty colors .

Cindy

Sounds like you had a real nice day today ! I'm glad !

Kiyo

I gotta sound like your mom here now... how long have you known this boy ? And didnt you say he lived clear across the country ? Which one of you would move, have you talked about that yet ? I know you love it out there where you are,so wondered if he would ask you to move, would you do it ?

And not to sound like a perverted little old lady,but I must say I think the little Beiber boy's hair is cute ,and he reminds me of a really young Donny Osmond when he sings . (He was one of the teen heart-throbs in my day,and now he is an old man with grandbabies like me !)

Mama Julie-------lol you're all good. Don't worry- not getting married tomorrow or anything. He will move out here. Date for now is June. We will live together (sorry, not to freak anyone out) I'm grown. lol BUT.....time will tell everything. We've clicked since our very first conversation, it's kind of crazy. I'm not rushing, I have all the time in the world. Just has been kind of crazy, I'm just rolling with the punches so to speak.

Judy, you could get several new fur babies for 50 pounds if they were all puppies.

Perfect!:lol:lol:lol:lol

I have started the Challenge quilt and have one corner and part of the side done. I'm pleased. And all my points are matching perfectly so far. Yay! :yay

[ATTACH]35053[/ATTACH]

That looks so perfect! You've made a great start!:cheer

BBL!

Kiyo

I might be old ,but see nothing wrong with living with a person before marriage. ;)

I never tried it myself . I would have been 6 feet under if I would have even attempted it . :rip

My younger sister decided she wanted to do that before marriage .She was probably about 19 or 20 . I was already married and stopped to visit my mother, not aware that I was walking into the eye of the tornado . :scared

I walked into the kitchen,and my sister's boyfriend was standing in front of the door .

First words I heard :

My Mother : HIT ME, I DARE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2eek

:ohdear

So I says :

I'll stop in some other time .... slowly trying to BACK out the door .:sweat

Mother :

STAY THERE , I NEED A WITNESS . :ohdear

Good grief .... what BAD TIMING ,Little Red Riding Hood .

Facing a hungry WOLF would have been easier . :sigh

Anyhow, where my sister was during this exchange I honestly have no clue. She wasn't in sight . Probably in fear for her life .

So, my mom proceeds to stomp up the steps to my sister's bedroom. :angry

We hear the window opening .

My sister's window overlooked the back patio .

Next thing we hear is shattering glass , breaking objects...all sorts of items crashing . My sister and boyfriend had been planning on getting their own house ,so had been buying all their housewares. They had a stereo ,tv, dishes, pans, silverware ....pretty much everything they would need to get their house up and running .

When the storm passed, every single item they had purchased was destroyed .All laying in pieces,shattered all over the patio . :tryme

They had nothing left that was useable . :cry

I grew up in an EXTREMELY difficult household . If I learned ANYTHING ,I learned to TRY MY HARDEST to understand people, learn why they think like they do,why they make the decisions they do ,and try REALLY hard to be open to different choices people make in their lives,and why they choose to make them .

SO, the moral of the story :

DO NOT anger my mother . :yell:rant:box

She makes Godzilla look like a nice house pet . :blink

Good evening friends!

Linda- The quilt is starting out great!!!! So happy for you that it's coming along so nicely ---great work!!!!

Julie- Wow- wow and then wow again! Sure does make Godzilla seem like a docile pet!

Kiyo- My DD and my SIL lived together before their wedding. They bought a house about a year before the "big day". I also lived with my ex before we got married- and also lived with my current DH before we tied the knot. My middle DD and her BF are living together. So it seems that in my immediate family, it's the thing to do-:lol:lol Neither of my brothers lived together with their wives before they were married----so needless to say, I was kind of the rebel in the family.

Marisa- Hope your day wasn't too crazy busy! Can't wait to see the pics.

Mary- My boss has a Pilot in that color too- Love the name they give for a charcoal gray car! My car is called glacier ice- It IS silver to me! May you drive it for many, many miles!!! I think my DD will be needing a few gates in her future- luckily they have 2 already from when they got Belle. They live in a split level home.

Cindy- Sounds like it is very busy at work. 12 hour shifts are tough as we get older. Hope you had a nice relaxing day today!

I think I'm going to sew the squares together tonight- and re-think doing more squares. It may be a good size for a stroller ghan the way it is. Then I can move on to another project!

Hi, peeps...

Jules....and I thought my family was dysfunctional!

Another body part has been giving me fits today...so I was lucky to be able to concentrate on hooking at all. Couldn't do any reading or anything else to speak of.

But if the past is any predictor of the future...the rebellious body part will behave by tomorrow....:xfin

I don't share much of this stuff, but boy - one thing after another has been an issue over the past weeks.

Gets old...but then, so am I:lol:lol:lol:lol

'nite, my friends.:hug:manyheart

Jude

So sorry you are under the weather again,and hope it will soon right itself. Hit the doc in the morning if you have to,so you can feel better . No sense in suffering needlessly .

Joanne

I have always been curious ,so if you dont mind, could I ask you, or anyone else who wants to chime in :

Do you think living together before marriage makes it easier to decide if you are making the right decision ? I have had friends tell me that things sre "different" before they have the marriage papers in hand, that the guy changes .

I have no clue either way ,since I got married and stepped in with both feet . I think EVERY relationship probably has an adjustment period ,whether marriage is in the picture or not . Just guessing here .

I don't hear of very many people who move in together,and not eventually marry on down the road somewhere .

So, I guess i'm just asking out of curiousity ....do any of you think that living together first is more of a "guarantee",so to speak,that things will work out ok, or do you think that it doesnt make things any different ?

If you dont want to answer, you dont have to... I'm not really asking to sound nosey, it's just something I always wondered .

Julie, I really don't know. We also just jumped in with both feet.

Statistically speaking, I had read that the divorce rate is higher among people who lived together before marriage than it is for people who didn't, which would seem to indicate that living together didn't help those couples make the best decision. Of course statistics can never tell the entire story.

If anyone wants to read more:

http://www.leaderu.com/critical/cohabitation-socio.html

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2008-07-28-cohabitation-research_N.htm

Good evening ladies :hi

Well, the day was long, but went fairly quickly. I went to Joann's and picked up some yarn for a baby blanket my mom asked me to make for my cousin. She doesn't want to know if she's having a boy or a girl so I chose a multi-color with a green and white. And I got the knitting needles for a sweater to attempt. I didn't have the sizes I needed and I managed to get on set for $5 off and the other for 40% off with coupons :clap

I'm just being brief and not going to respond individually. I just wanna sit on the couch and relax :D So, I'll catch y'all in the morning.

Hi everyone, it sure was a long day for me today. My DD didn't come to pick up the lil busy darlings to after 7 this evening. So yes I'm ready to fall out after I clean up the kitchen and get everything ready for tomorrow. For some reason my eyes been burning me and it usually happen in the evening time, maybe I'm more tired than I think I am. :(

Julie - When I got marry my husband wanted me to live with him first but my mom said no , it's either marriage or nothing, if he wanted me that was the only way he was going to get me. So we jump into marriage with both feet. With what I know today, would I do it differently, I really think so. That's just how I feel now or I would have dated him for another year at least. I guess you can say at that time I was foolishly in love. As we grow and learn about each other we see different things that may not have been there. With that said Good Night House Family :hug:hug:hug

As far as the living together before marriage- I had read that the divorce rate is higher, just like Cindy said. And since my first marriage did end in divorce, I guess I was part of those statistics! Now I'm into my 2nd marriage- and will celebrate our 10th anniversary this year. Lived together for a year before- and dated for about 6 months before that.

I wanted to live with my 2nd DH before going ahead with marriage the 2nd time around- all I can say is so far so good!!!!

I honestly don't know if it's better to not live together beforehand- since I didn't do it that way.

Cheeria- Get some rest tonight! Your eyes are telling you to close them!!!

Judy- Hope that tomorrow is a pain-free day!

Marisa- Enjoy the relaxation on the couch!

Cindy- Nice doily!!!!

Night all!

Julie, I really don't know. We also just jumped in with both feet.

Statistically speaking, I had read that the divorce rate is higher among people who lived together before marriage than it is for people who didn't, which would seem to indicate that living together didn't help those couples make the best decision. Of course statistics can never tell the entire story.

If anyone wants to read more:

http://www.leaderu.com/critical/cohabitation-socio.html

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2008-07-28-cohabitation-research_N.htm

I lived with both of my husbands over 3 years before marrying them. Obviously it made no difference with the first marriage and I'll tell you why: Because we were not meant to do more than date, let alone marry. And actually living together actually brought that out and then some, but we were young and stubborn and thought that once married, everything would magically change for the better...counseling didn't help either. We were in counseling the entire length of our marriage (6 years) and that should have been a clue. But again, we were stubborn.

That being said, yes, I lived with Hub-E before we got married...and this time even before we moved in together that we were meant to be together...we were "a good fit with good chemistry" as Hub-E said when he proposed to me later...ironically, we had such a good thing that I was almost afraid to marry him because I was afraid that things would change for the worse...but fortunately that wasn't the case.

Bottomline for me is that ultimately if you're not right for each other living together or marrying each other is not going to make a bit of difference...it will be like trying to run a Rolls Royce on a VW engine...

If you are right for each other, sure you could marry before living together...but I'm new school in that regard. If anything were to happen to Hub-E and I got lucky enough to find love one more time, if he was willing, I'd live with him first before marrying him. That's just my personal preference.

Good morning!

I decided to go upstairs last evening at 9 and before I knew it I was in dreamland- I started to read - got through about 10 pages and that was that! I feel well rested so I guess I needed some sleep!:c9

Faille- I like your answer to Julie's question- especially the part of keeping 15 lbs of wt loss in reserve!

Nothing much else new here except that the weather is definitely warmer and I must say I am enjoying coming home from work while it is still light out. You can tell spring is coming when it isn't getting dark till almost 6PM EST!

Hope you all have a good day whether it be at work or at home!!!

Julie- I'll be looking for the question of the day:devil

Hi ladies

Thanks for the input on living together/marriage. I always wondered about that, if it made the transition any easier,to go from unmarried to married. Kinda like a step in the middle. I think probably if you aren't going to get along, it won't matter if you live together first, or just jump in and get married. If it aint gonna work, it won't work either way .

Good morning. I slept well, but I'm dragging this morning. Guess more coffee is needed.

Julie, that's another question that I will have to think about.

I am planning to stay home all day today, there's laundry and housework to do. Tomorrow is another work day.

Archived