Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Well, its been fun here for the last half hour, but we are taking the in-laws out to dinner, and dh wants to leave in 30 minutes, so I'd better go get presentable.

Enjoy dinner! :hugs

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rofl:rofl:rofl

Look at you girlies go with your "DOILIES" lol-----I think I am FOR SURE the Grand-Daughter in here! lol I'm not old enough to do doilies! :0) JUST PLAYING! You guys are great, just had to give you a tease!

Yes, you're right...we have to make her learn how to make doilies. We would be failing as grandmothers if we don't. After all, who will teach Aree to make doilies, if we don't teach Kiyo?

And once she makes them, she should put them out all over her home, so that her friends will know that she is practicing to be a good grandma!

I don't think it matters that we don't know how, since she thinks she isn't interested. Poor girl...she'll be drowning in doilies before she knows what hit her!

:lol I was reading what I've missed and I'm sitting here crying because I'm laughing so hard. Now back to catching up...

:rofl:rofl:rofl

:lol I was reading what I've missed and I'm sitting here crying because I'm laughing so hard. Now back to catching up...

Ohhhh Mary......I am laughing so hard also in my little cubical. I knew i put these walls around me for a reason! lol I will let you ALL know when I make my BIG THONG underpants AND the Poodle Toilet paper and I will make you ALL one for Christmas (the poodle that is!!!) lol

WOW LeAnna

Now THAT is a doily !!! Holy Smokes ! NO WAY I could EVER do that .. how long did it take you ?

I made that like 5 years ago...I think it probably took me about a week, and it wasn't really hard, but...it was tricky working the beaks of the swans and then getting them to stand upright...what I did was put Q Tips inside them to make them stand up. I haven't used that doily in a while, so I might just have to pull it out and restarch it and set it up...'cause it's really a cool doily...

Kiyo

You can tease all you want. You werent here back in the good old days when we were all ornery ... you arent doing anything wrong, so no worries .

We will let you make the thong underpants IF you make a poodle toilet paper cover first .

and get out your hook and thread-- you get to make the little heart doily with us !

Or even a Poodle bottle cover...(I have one of those that my grandmother made like nearly 50 years ago...)

Kiyo

RIGHT ! I forgot the dish soap dollbaby dress thingamabob . We will have your house looking just as HOMEY as our little old grandma houses look .

You will be so proud to have guests over !

My boyfriend would come to visit from Tennesee and say.......Babe....I thought I told you that in your case that LESS is better, not MORE. lol

OH MARY !!!

New rule :

If you laugh ,then YOU have to be in the doily club too ... ( although you dont have to make thong underwears unless you WANT some )

LeAnna

Correct me if I'm wrong,but isn't Germany pretty famous for their doily making skills ?

If you want to see more of my doily work (and other stuff) click on the 2006 in my signature...man time has flown...I didn't realize that the gingerbread purse actually got started in 2006!

OH MARY !!!

New rule :

If you laugh ,then YOU have to be in the doily club too ... ( although you dont have to make thong underwears unless you WANT some )

LeAnna

Correct me if I'm wrong,but isn't Germany pretty famous for their doily making skills ?

Their thread work is pretty awesome...lots of lace curtains to begin with (although not necessarily crocheted...) They can be kind of traditional in that some still view crochet to be what you do with crochet thread (although they are not snobbish about it...) and knitting is what you do with wool, and so on...

I never had to worry about where to find crochet thread in Germany because it was sold EVERYWHERE...but most of the doilies and stuff that I make with thread have come from American patterns...but I do have some wonderful German pattern books.

Peachy ~ Welcome! :manyheart Your sampler quilt idea sounds wonderful! I can see this working in several ways. If you want to use the small (2-3 inches) squares, they can actually be made using several colors...Linda (Busy-Bee-lmt) is an expert on those! Are you thinking of using the small squares to make larger squares? I hope I'm not complicating things...just jump in and someone will try to help you. :yes

Judy ~ Your snowflakes are lovely! I'll bet you're really sick of real snowflakes by now. ;)

Cindy ~ Have a good evening. :)

Kiyo ~ Oh, yes! You may end up being the doily queen. :D The T.V. Cap is great! And I love the "There She Goes" picture!

Le-Anna ~ Loved reading about the yarn shop get-togethers!

Julie ~ Hi! Sorry about the SS yarn, but I think you'll be very busy supplying Kiyo with all the necessary doilies to make her house "just right." :lol Little Guy is just too cute. :c9 Yes, he's eating people food cut up in tiny bites. At lunch, he ate steamed carrots, tomatoes, grilled chicken with no seasoning, and strawberries! He was a happy camper and the other customers kept coming over to talk to him.

OH MARY !!!

New rule :

Oh good...I was just trying to find a pattern. :wink:D

Well, I almost hate to say this with so many of you snowed in, but I'm going to take Gracie for a walk. It's 70*, sunny and gorgeous and I can't pass this up. See you after while! :manyheart

Have a good walk!

Julie, I found more beginner doily threads on here than I thought I would. Tons of links for me to look at.

I am thinking that this one might make a good coaster, done in thread.

Or this one

I also followed several links to Priscilla Hewetts doilies, which were called easy...although they don't look it! (this one is a pdf)

I like the hearts one.... I have PH doilies printed up - really should look at them:blush

:lol SHE IS!??? We are going to have to be the "GRAND-DAUGHTER (S) then! lol You're great! Those never appealed to me, i'm not a fancy decorator to use them. Good luck though- I was actually thinking of POSSIBLY doing a table runner for my Grandma in Atlanta though....maybe I will need some coaching when you are done!

And Tabby - who pops in now and then is, I think, younger than Marisa.

Cindy

Thanks for looking up some beginner type patterns. I like the first one-- the little pink heart one is cute --

I also made a copy of the Priscilla's one . I'm not much of a doily expert,so not quite sure what direction to take for our first one ( or have you made them before ?)

Here's another that looks super easy :

http://glor-crochetgalore.blogspot.com/2010/02/dianes-doily-march-doily-of-month.html

Nice!

I printed out a couple of these links:D:D:D

Well, I almost hate to say this with so many of you snowed in, but I'm going to take Gracie for a walk. It's 70*, sunny and gorgeous and I can't pass this up. See you after while! :manyheart

:nahnah

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Hi there House Family, how is everyone doing justy stopping by for a sec to say Hi and to share a picture of the two scarfs that I wove on one of my weaving looms.

Woven Scarfs 001

Judy - I read your e-mail and I agree that we should wait until Joanne has a free week-end. Have a great evening everyone.

Hey Jude

Feel free to join us if you wanna be in the Old Lady Doily club .

Kiyo is already signed up ,and so is Mary, me and Cindy !

Glad someone dug you out. We pay these big strapping football player boys from school who come around when it snows a lot. Neither of us is in the condition to be out shoveling either .

LeAnna

All your pictures are beautiful .The sweaters are stunning ! How long did the biggest round doily take you ?

Cheeria

Love those scarves-- they are really pretty .

hi there house family, how is everyone doing justy stopping by for a sec to say hi and to share a picture of the two scarfs that i wove on one of my weaving looms.

Woven Scarfs 001

judy - i read your e-mail and i agree that we should wait until joanne has a free week-end. Have a great evening everyone.

beautiful! How fun!

Hey Jude

Feel free to join us if you wanna be in the Old Lady Doily club .

Kiyo is already signed up ,and so is Mary, me and Cindy !

Glad someone dug you out. We pay these big strapping football player boys from school who come around when it snows a lot. Neither of us is in the condition to be out shoveling either .

LeAnna

All your pictures are beautiful .The sweaters are stunning ! How long did the biggest round doily take you ?

Cheeria

Love those scarves-- they are really pretty .

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer OLDC I'm a member of the OLDC!!:cheer:cheer

WOOOOOOO HOOOOO! :yay

Goodness, thank you so much for the afternoon laughs! They have been great! I need to go and check out LeAnna's work! Maybe I can get me some sweater ideas- I'm always nervous to make meself a sweater because I'm so big! Nothing ever fits! My goal is to make a cute sun dress though.....hmmmm Jamaica next November????? maybe I can lose some weight and start crocheting now so it can fit by then!

Archived