Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Just heard from John. Kim has pneumonia. That was a real surprise as she hasn't had any of the normal symptoms for that. Haven't got the results of the CAT Scan yet. They are admitting her to the hospital to treat the pneumonia and evaluate everything else as well. John will be spending the night with her and I'll be with her during the day. I'll keep you updated as possible. All the prayers and kind thoughts are much appreciated. John and Rosie came over with supper and ate with me, which was nice. They were just getting ready to leave when John called with the news.

Hopefully she'll respond quickly to the meds! Go and settle down with the furbabies and cuddle them...and try and have a good night. You'll need your energy for tomorrow.:hug:manyheart:hug

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dusti, my Vanna Baby stash is Angel White, Duckie, Goldfish and Sweet Pea. I'm doing a 9 point pattern from Aggie May and designing the color sequence on the fly.:D

Signing off for tonight...

Jude

The baby ghan is so pretty. I like how the variegated made all the different desings in the squares !

Dusti

Good to have you back,and it sounds like your new baby nephew is so precious ! They ALL are, I just love babies .

Linda

So sorry to hear of Kim's setback. That is odd that she had pneumonia. I guess it's par for the course of someone is bedfast and has many health ailments . I hope the rest of her tests come back ok . Keep us updated as you get the chance .

I'm home after a very, very long day! Got in around 6:20!!!!

Linda- I'm keeping Kim in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that the meds will have her on the mend soon. Scary stuff- and that was so nice of John and Rosie to come and eat dinner with you. Please tell John I'm keeping them both in my prayers!:hug:hug:hug

Marisa- Welcome back home! I'm glad that all went well with the services and how fun to find out you have some relatives living closing by! Is your lip ok? I chuckled when I read that!!! WTG on the baby sweater!!!

Judy- Did you get the new TV? My DH decided to replace the one in our bedroom- which was probably about 20 or more years old. As far as I was concerned it was fine, because it worked!! He wanted a flat screen for the BR. Two years ago , he won a SuperBowl pool and got us a flat screen tv for the family room. So no more clunky tvs in this house!:lol

The baby blanket is beautiful!!! And I'm sure the RR is going to be great in those VC colors!!!!

Cheeria- sorry you had to spend so much time at the dealer just for an oil change!!! I hope your grandbabies had a good day and that you get some crafty time tonight!

Marlene- That was so nice of you to be so concerned and to make all those calls - I'm glad that they are oK and really happy to read that it seems that the PT is really helping you!:clap

Dusti- It sure sounds like you had a great weekend! I hate driving in ice- and even being a passenger in a car driving on ice! I don't think I would have been calm enough to crochet, but glad that you were!

Kiyo- Have fun skiing with your DD!!!!! Sounds like fun!!!!

Julie- Biggest Loser is on tonight! Wonder who'll be voted off. Speaking of Biggest Loser, I didn't lose wt......and i didn't gain weight either!!! I was the same as two weeks ago so I consider that good :)

Marisa, Judy, and Cheeria- That is so sweet of you all to wait till I'm off before we meet up again. I am NOT scheduled to work any weekends in February- the next weekend I have to work is March 5. Let me know which weekends work for you!

Marisa- I probably have to work till 4 on Saturday :(

If I missed anyone, sorry- my brain is a little foggy today- it was a long day and I'm tired!

Hello everyone. I had a great day at work today, and got groceries on my way home.

Since I got home I have been trying to figure out how to get a digital library book onto my Nook. There are step by step directions on the book club forums on the B and N site, but I cannot make it work. I did a Google search and it sounds like this is a really common problem. I guess I'll see if ds can figure it out next time he comes home.

Linda, I'm sorry to hear that Kim's problem is worse than you originally thought. Hopefully its just the pneumonia and she will improve quickly.

Judy, that baby blanket is just beautiful.

Julie, glad that you can crochet at least a little. And at least Simply Soft comes in a lot of nice colors.

I'm tired, and I have totally forgotten the rest of what I was going to say.

Good evening ladies :hi

Work was busy today and I was super tired all day :eek I don't even think I'm going to craft or read tonight, just going to plop on the couch and let the tv watch me :lol

Linda - Lots of prayers heading your way. I hope Kim responds to the treatment well and that it is just the pneumonia to battle :xfin Waiting to hear about the cat scan :yes It was nice of Rosie and John to come eat with you :hug :hug :hug I didn't really think your expo was this weekend, but the way I read something made me second guess myself :oops

Cheeria - Did you have fun with your darlings today?

Judy - Your baby ghan is beautiful :manyheart

Joanne - My lip is fine, thanks :lol

Cheeria, Judy & Joanne - I am in agreement to wait for Joanne :clap As for the weekends, the only one that doesn't work for me is the 19th :think I have an appt that morning. Oh, and I guess the last weekend too (the 26th) which would be the weekend of my dad's 'no-birthday' :lol He's a leap year baby. So, the first 2 weekends would be better for me.

Marlene - Sorry your friend gave you such a scare :hug :hug I would've done the same thing, I always worry when I don't hear from people :(

Kiyo - Have fun skiing :clap:yay I grew up in the Poconos and have NEVER skiied :eek

Julie - :yay for being able to crochet at least a little bit here and there :xfin I hope it works out for you.

Dusti - I'm glad you had a nice weekend visiting with your family and your nephews sound great :yes:manyheart

Cindy - :yay for work going well and getting the groceries :lol

Have a great night ladies :hug

Cindy- I've had those moments too- where I totally forget what I wanted to say!:lol

Marisa- I am tired and just did about 10 more rows on the scarf. No flannel'ghan tonight- and now that Biggest Loser is over, I'm heading up to bed to watch the President's speech- and then read for a bit- or maybe not!

Marisa, Judy and Cheeria- Does February 12 work for all of you?

See you all in the AM

I went up to the hospital about 8:00 so John could come home, eat, shower, and change clothes. Just got home now. The CAT Scan came back negative, but it looks like they will be changing her dosage on coumadin (blood thinner) at least while she's in the hospital. She's on IV antibiotics and has had lots of blood work done. I'll be at the hospital while John's at work tomorrow. Thanks for all the support. :hug :hug :hug

Catch you later.:manyheart

Good morning!

Linda- Thanks for the update on Kim and that's good news that the CT Scan was negative. Hope all continues to go well and that the adjustment in her coumadin and the IV antibiotics will have her feeling better in no time! Hugs to you!!!:hug

Julie- Well, no one voted off last night- Next week should be interesting. Saw the teaser with someone +6lbs- probably the twin! - but maybe not?:think

LeAnna- Thinking about you- haven't seen a post in a while- so just thought I'd say hi!:hug

Val- How are you doing? :hug

Tammy- Thinking of you too- and hoping that DH is continuing to do well- :hug

Tab- How are you doing and how's the family? How's DH been feeling? And yourself? :hug

Sheri- Good luck with the move and the driving :hug

Well, time for me to get ready for what should be Hump Day in Paradise, but isn't:lol

Hope you all have a good day- they are predicting snow/ice mix this morning, turning to rain- and then heavy snow late this afternoon into tomorrow. I'll watch what the weather is doing during the day- and if it starts really snowing- will head home to finish up the day there- and definitely bringing work home for tomorrow if it all materializes!!!

See you later!

Morning all

Joanne

Yea, I think the BL show got cut in half because of State of the Union, so we will have to wait a week to see the second half . I'd guess it was the twin who gained weight on the next show, but it's hard to say who it could be . I hate it when they tell you something like that, then you have to wait a week to see what happens.

Cindy

I hope you got a good nights sleep last night so you can have some power today .

Linda

Thanks for the update on Kim. I know we will all be waiting to hear what happens .

Good Morning, House. :) I tried to get on late last night, logged in and then the 'ville wouldn't let me post!

Linda ~ Lots of hugs :hug for Kim, John and you. :hug I'm glad the CT came back okay, and hopefully she'll be home soon.

Another crazy couple of days here - middle of the night calls about MIL. All is okay for now and I'll go today.

Now for some tea and will try to read through what I've missed!

Good morning. Thanks for the birthday wishes. Dh bought me flowers for my birthday and says he is taking me out and about today, wherever I want to go. I'm planning to go to Joannes for sure to buy some stuff for quilting and some yarn. Originally I considered a trip to Shipshewana, Indiana, which is an AMish village about 2 hours from here. The town is filled with cute little shops and they have an old fashioned department store and hardware store, which is really fun for browsing. However, i don;t feel much lkie walking around there when it's so gloomy. Its usually quite a bit warmer there than here, so there will be slush and puddles to deal with as well.

Mary, I have had a hard time getting onto the Ville in the evenings for a couple of weeks now. Its kind of sporadic. Sometimes I will post a reply and it never posts. Sometimes the page never opens up.

Joanne, hope the bad weather stays away from you. Seems like you've had more than your fair share already this winter. Its just gloomy and cold here.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning, peeps!

Marisa, Judy and Cheeria- Does February 12 work for all of you?

It's good for me!

Linda, I'm so happy to hear that the CT scan was negative!

Mary, we don't miss those calls:(...hugs to you and hubby:hug:manyheart

Tnaks for the compliments on the baby ghan. That might end up in the NICU instead of as a gift - I am so in love with the Vanna yarn and colors, this one may be the gift! I ave lots of time....

We have snow. Again.

Sparkie won't be playing in it though - he must have twisted something in his back leg when in the yard yesterday. It was so slippery back there...poor guy. he's a real baby when he's hurting...

BBL

Good morning, everyone. I'm back at the hospital with Kim. The doctor was in and they are hoping to be able to discharge her on Friday. She's going to be having a modified barium swallow test some time today so that they can see how she's actually swallowing and figure out how to prevent this from happening again. It's called silent aspiration and is apparently a big problem with people with a very delayed swallow, which Kim has. She is responding to the antibiotics. The pneumonia is no worse than yesterday which means that they caught it early. Looks like the problems with walking were probably caused by a low oxygen level in her blood because of the pneumonia. She slept very little last night, so is very tired today. Hopefully she can nap in between all the tests. She's on bedrest and they don't want her eating or drinking until after the barium swallow test. She's dozing at the moment.

I've got several different crochet projects and two books with me.

Take it easy in the nasty weather. We're having rain here.

:party:birthday:cakeHave a great day, Cindy! :cake:birthday:party

Linda ~ It sounds as though you had everything for Kim under control last night. Did she rest well in the hospital? I hope your day together goes smoothly :hug Do you bring movies for her to watch, or is she resting most of the time? I hope the pneumonia is all that she is fighting. How nice of Rosie and John to share your dinner hour with you -- friends such as them are priceless :yes

Judy ~ Your RR sounds so pretty. I have the darndest time figuring out how wide to make my different sections of color :think. My personality wants me to do 3 rows of Color A, 1 row of Color B, and Repeat, but that is soooo boring :faint. I am going to try to be more creative than that, but I am not holding my breath.

So sorry to hear Sparkie is moving slower this morning. I hope he is feeling better tomorrow. Be careful, if you have to go out in the snow.

:birthdayCindy. Your plans for the day sound perfect ~ nice 'n' relaxing. Were you able to figure out your Nook and the digital library book problem from yesterday? MIL has her Nook by her side, constantly, and cannot say enough good things about her "toy. :lol"

Joanne ~ be careful, if your weather turns icky this afternoon. It sounds as though you have a plan, though, what with taking work home early in the afternoon and then having enough to do tomorrow, as well. I hope it does not come to that, but it is better to be safe and indoors than sorry.

Mary ~ Glad the 'Ville was working for you this a.m. :hugfor facing the family issues later, today. Hope your MIL is doing alright in the light of day.

Julie ~ Are you staying warm, today? :wcold Glad to hear that you are able to work with the Caron SS, even if it is only for a bit every day. What are you making with your precious crochet time?

Marisa ~ You sounded completely wiped out, last night. I hope this Wednesday is a good day for you :manyheart

Marlene ~ It was so nice of you to be concerned from such a long distance away. Your mind was at ease, which must have helped you rest better two nights ago. Hope you have a good day, today. Do you have PT? It's encouraging to read that you can already see progress and shuffle cards :hug

:waving Good morning, House-mates. Today's a day of chores and getting my feet under me, after being away all weekend -- laundry, fixing a couple of meals for the freezer, writing a letter to my college friend, and I want to start on a wool purse, if time allows :hook Judy's inspired me, last week, so I picked up some Paton's Classic Wool, when my mum and I were out shopping. I have been browsing patterns at CPC, and I think I have a plan. Now, if only the chores would do themselves... :dreaming

Talk to you, later.

Just heard from John. Kim has pneumonia. That was a real surprise as she hasn't had any of the normal symptoms for that. Haven't got the results of the CAT Scan yet. They are admitting her to the hospital to treat the pneumonia and evaluate everything else as well. John will be spending the night with her and I'll be with her during the day. I'll keep you updated as possible. All the prayers and kind thoughts are much appreciated. John and Rosie came over with supper and ate with me, which was nice. They were just getting ready to leave when John called with the news.

Awwwwwwe man! Dang it, not good. How strange-no symptoms, anything is possible these days though. Hopefully she gets better soon! Keep us posted! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Linda, thanks for checking in. My MIL had issues with swallowing....they changed her diet to compensate for that, afraid she would get that very same type of pneumonia. I hope all goes well and she gets back home on Friday:hug:hug

Sparkie's not putting any weight on his back leg and is very mopey. He did get more animated when we were out in the snow earlier when he did his business. I think I see a little swelling on the "elbow" area of the one leg.

It's a good thng he's a baby when he's hurting....he's done little else except lay around and rest today. It's so hard seeing him that subdued.

In the past, 3-4 days would see him feeling better - hopefully that'll be the case this time around.

BBL

:birthdayCindy. Your plans for the day sound perfect ~ nice 'n' relaxing. Were you able to figure out your Nook and the digital library book problem from yesterday? MIL has her Nook by her side, constantly, and cannot say enough good things about her "toy. :lol"

Thanks.

I got the program to work on my computer, but it won't allow me to move the book over to my nook. At least I can read the book though.

Hi again! I'm home for the day (I hope) and am ready to catch up here and crochet, too. :)

Linda ~ Keeping my fingers crossed that Kim will be home by Friday. :hug I'm so glad you can check in from the hospital!

Judy ~ Aww - poor Sparkie. Maybe he just sprained something? Your baby ghan turned out so pretty! :clap Can't wait to see the new RR.:yes

Cindy ~ I hope you're having a great day!

Kiyo ~ The wedding ghan is lovely. Did you and your daughter get to ski last evening?:flake

Marlene ~ It was good that you persisted in checking on your friends! We call the parents' neighbors when we get a busy signal for a day...they are always leaving a phone off the hook and wonder why no one calls them. :ohdear

Dusti ~ Your weekend with family sounded wonderful! I have trouble with color placement on the RRs, too...maybe we need to have Judy decide for us! :D Hers always look "just right." :crocheting

Joanne ~ I hope the roads aren't too bad for your commute. It would be great if you could work from home again!

Julie ~ Yay for being able to crochet again. I hope the SS continues to work okay for you. :manyheart

Hi to the rest of the House, too. DH is driving to Oklahoma City for a meeting if his Mom continues to be okay, so I may have extra crochet time tonight. ;)

The test went very well and we were gone from the room for only an hour. Kim did super well with the test. Her swallow is very delayed but she clears everything when she does swallow. The therapist and doctor were very surprised at how well she did. She is to be sitting upright when eating &/or drinking and for at least a half an hour afterwards, but otherwise no changes. I was so proud of her and how well she cooperated. She even managed to sneak in a half an hour nap before they woke her up again.

I've crocheted 8 snowflakes so far today.

Archived