Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Sparkie's not putting any weight on his back leg and is very mopey. He did get more animated when we were out in the snow earlier when he did his business. I think I see a little swelling on the "elbow" area of the one leg.

It's a good thng he's a baby when he's hurting....he's done little else except lay around and rest today. It's so hard seeing him that subdued.

In the past, 3-4 days would see him feeling better - hopefully that'll be the case this time around.

BBL

Oh Judy, I'm so sorry that Sparkie's "low" right now. Please give him lots of hugs and kisses from me...

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The test went very well and we were gone from the room for only an hour. Kim did super well with the test. Her swallow is very delayed but she clears everything when she does swallow. The therapist and doctor were very surprised at how well she did. She is to be sitting upright when eating &/or drinking and for at least a half an hour afterwards, but otherwise no changes. I was so proud of her and how well she cooperated. She even managed to sneak in a half an hour nap before they woke her up again.

That's great news!

I've crocheted 8 snowflakes so far today.

Wow....:cheer

Sorry I've been MIA...I think this year is going to be kind of a hibernation year.

We have no choice about it ...more snow coming...on top of this morning's stuff.

I'm getting a tad depressed...

Oh Judy, I'm so sorry that Sparkie's "low" right now. Please give him lots of hugs and kisses from me...

Thanks...love was delivered:) He is starting to perk up a bit...but still favors it after he's been laying down a long time. At least it seems to be slightly improved. I just have to watch him outside - hard to do when he loves snow so much.

BBL

Howdy!! Long, busy day here at the office today! Haven't even been on here to tell everyone hello nor catch up on all!

We did, well.....Aree skiied last night, she is doing sooooo well, considering I started her last season and wouldn't buy her any equipment until she decided she likes it or not. I can only afford to take her night skiing for now but that's ok, one day I will treat her to the BIG hills and I think she will LOVE it! I had a rough go right when I was getting off work yesterday that KILLLLLED my go skiing mood! Plus, Aree took off with the cousins so......I crocheted! My sister-in-laws new hat in the photo! She loves it!

post-35667-135897620716_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897620719_thumb.jpg

Howdy!! Long, busy day here at the office today! Haven't even been on here to tell everyone hello nor catch up on all!

We did, well.....Aree skiied last night, she is doing sooooo well, considering I started her last season and wouldn't buy her any equipment until she decided she likes it or not. I can only afford to take her night skiing for now but that's ok, one day I will treat her to the BIG hills and I think she will LOVE it! I had a rough go right when I was getting off work yesterday that KILLLLLED my go skiing mood! Plus, Aree took off with the cousins so......I crocheted! My sister-in-laws new hat in the photo! She loves it!

cute hat! and your DD looks so happy:c9

Good evening ladies :hi

Wow, it was horrible getting to work this morning, and getting back home. This morning was messy, heavy snow. Then it rained during the day and turned to sleet just before leaving work, which has everything a mess :( I took my time both ways, that's all you can do :yes That's also why I ended up running late this morning and didn't get a chance to check in earlier.

Joanne, Judy, and Cheeria - Feb 12 works for me :clap

Joanne - I predict you'll be working from home again tomorrow :think

Judy - I really liked working with the vanna yarn too :yes Sorry Sparkie's hurt, send him some :hug :hug :hug

Linda - :whew So glad to hear that Kim's tests are going well and that they caught the pneumonia early. And :yay for getting soo many snowflakes done :yes Give Kim some :h5 for doing so well with the testing.

Mary - Glad to hear MIL is doing ok for now :hug :hug :hug

Julie - :hi How's your crocheting coming along?

Cindy - :birthday So, where'd you go for dinner?

Dusti - I did have a good day, thanks.....definitely better than yesterday :think Did you finish your chores?

Kiyo - Beautiful hat and Aree is too cute!!!!

LeAnna - :hi

LeAnna and Marisa, thanks for the birthday wishes.

Judy, poor Sparkie, hope he feels better soon.

Linda, hope Kim gets well quickly and can come home on Friday. Sounds like things are going pretty well.

Marisa, hope the driving is better for you in the morning.

Mary, I had a nice day. Dh bought me one of those day-light lights to use for crafting, and I bought a bunch of yarn and a few cookbooks. We went to Logans for dinner. Dh wanted me to shop some more after dinner, but by then I was ready to get home and relax.

I also bought an afghan pattern magazine and I scaled down one of the afghans for a baby blanket. I like the afghan in the picture, but I'm not sure about in real life. I've done 7 rows, and I will do a few more before I decide if I will keep going or frog it. The other thing is that it consists of fake cables and sc's so the resulting project is pretty stiff, and really doesn't have a very nice drape. The pattern calls for Simply Soft. I am using Caron pounder, which is soft, but not as soft as Simply Soft, and that might be the problem.

Kiyo, I hope whatever it was that upset you at the end of your work day is no longer bothering you. Aree looks pretty happy to be on skis.

Have a good evening everyone. See you in the morning.

Hi all,

It was a messy commute here too- both ways!! I left work at 3- but logged in at home and just finished!!! I know I know, all work and no play, makes for a very tired Joanne!

So, I'm not going to respond to everyone right now- but I did see that Feb 12 is good for Marisa and Judy- so we'll just wait to see if it works for Cheeria.

Great news about Kim Linda!! I'm so happy!!!

LeAnna- Hi there!

Judy- I love the VC Baby colors- I have some in my stash- I love it! Hope Sparkie is feeling better and better!

Lousy out there now- snow/sleet- but more snow- so at least I'll probably get to work from home tomorrow.

But in the meantime, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!! Sorry I didn't realize it before it's almost over!

I'll see you all in the AM

Cindy- Your birthday celebration sounds very nice!!! And I really want one of those day-light lights! I had bought one, but it had to be returned. I'll have to be on the lookout again!

Enjoy your new cookbooks and your new yarn!

Night all!

:hug :hug :hug :hug

Aree looks adorable on her skis. The hat is cute, too. :D

Hi, Orchid!

I think we turned the corner late this afternoon. Kim was pulling her "I don't see you, so I don't have to take my medicine" trick which involves looking everywhere but at the person with the pills. We had some problems with her IV machine and the IV hand, but that seems to be fixed. And she was even doing a little flirting with John when he finally got there after work. She really, really needs a good night's sleep and they are working on getting it set up so she doesn't have to be disturbed in the night tonight. Things are looking promising.

I'm heading for bed early tonight. Will catch you tomorrow from the hospital. :manyheart

Linda ~ That is such good news about Kim. I hope she continues to feel better. :manyheart Yay for having your crocheting with you today...and yay for making so many snowflakes.:hook

Hi LeAnna! Are you working on anything special now? We still want pictures! ;)

Kiyo ~ Your hat is really pretty. :clap Aree is just adorable and looks very happy to be on skis!

Marisa ~ Oh, your commute sounds NOT fun today. Does your office close if it's really bad weather?

Orchid ~ Hi and Welcome! We're all working on different projects and have a lot of fun...just jump in whenever you can!

Cindy ~ Shopping and dinner sounds like a good day/evening for to me. :)

Let us know all about the new light - I've looked at them and think it would help a lot. :yes

I've been making little squares and need to start joining. ( Hmm, I think I've said that before. :lol) See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Hey all...

Here's some pics...post-2629-135897621228_thumb.jpg

post-2629-135897621233_thumb.jpg

gold fish coin purse, which was a big hit...

post-2629-135897621235_thumb.jpg

BB

post-2629-135897621238_thumb.jpg

post-2629-135897621241_thumb.jpg

Gingerbread purse that I started like 3 years ago and finally finished and used this year...and got a lot of comments on in public.

post-2629-135897621244_thumb.jpg

Ms. Serenghetti "Diva"

Good morning from snow-covered again NJ! This winter is the worst in a long time and I'm really over it. Of course it's not even Feb yet!

Shoveled when i got home from work, then had to log back into work. Now there is another 8-10 inches of snow that needs to be shoveled- but hopefully the snowblower will be able to handle most of it.

Work has a delayed opening of 11. If you don't work the full 40 hours in the week, you have to use your own time for those 3 hours that they are closed. It's really a pretty lousy policy- but at least it doesn't affect me since I'm on track to log way MORE than 40 hours this week.

I'm going to see about working from home- or if DH gets on my nerves and the roads aren't bad, I may trek in later. We'll see.

But for now- Good morning- and time for coffee.

hello hello

thanks for the welcome.

I am sat here with my sons afghan,its growing well,been adding a row a day,today adding three for each one,creating 2 for both my sons.

its a chilly day,,loving being in and cosey with some relaxing crochet.

have a great day

crochet with passion

love

orchid xxx

Hi, peeps!

Linda, wonderful news about Kim!:)

Hi, there, Orchid!

Joanne, Judy, and Cheeria - Feb 12 works for me :clap

great!

Judy - I really liked working with the vanna yarn too :yes Sorry Sparkie's hurt, send him some :hug :hug :hug

Sparkie got more loving - thank you.:manyheart

He has problems gong down the stairs, but otherwise is managing okay so far. Hopefully it'll pass in a few days.

Sun just came out!:clap

Pics of my yard from 6 AM and later in the morning:

post-8552-135897621264_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897621271_thumb.jpg

Good morning everyone, yet another gloomy day here,...but at least its not snowing yet. It will though, I have to work tomorrow.

Mary, I really like the broad spectrum daylight lamp I got yesterday. It really lights up my craft project. I think I will easily be able to cross stitch again with that lamp.

It had been my plan to go to Joannes and buy an OTT lamp. They were on sale for half price, but a floor lamp would still come to somewhere around $125 to $175. Right around the corner from Joannes is a Menards store. DH suggested we look there before buying at Joannes. They had lamps that looked almost exactly the same (that is to say, rather ugly!), for $30. I bought one at Menards, and tried it out last night, and I think it will serve its purpose very well. I might have to hide it in the closet when I'm not using it though. It doesn't really add much to the decor!

Judy, glad Sparkie is a little perkier today. You have a lot of snow there, looks like way more than we have.

LeAnna, BB looks just like I pictured him, he looks like a cat in control. All your projects look great.

Linda, glad to hear the good news about Kim. Sounds like she turned the corner quite quickly.

Cheeria, do you have the little guys today?

Joanne, are you going to work at 11? Its nice that they at least have a delay. And since you are already working the weekend, you are going to get all your hours in for sure. I suppose it will be even more hectic on the weekend, if you get behind now.

Orchid, welcome. Tell us a little about yourself.

Good morning, housemates. Looks like I may have spoken too soon. Kim had a nosebleed last night and it looks like she may have aspirated again before it got stopped. She sounds a lot more congested today. She got some sleep last night, but looks very tired today. The doctor hasn't been in yet today, so we will see, where we go from here then.

LeAnna, BB is a very handsome cat. He looks like he might be part Maine Coon. Of course, 'Ghetti is a lovely lady. Love the purses. :clap :clap :clap

Hi, Mary!

Yeah, for the new lamp, Cindy.

That's a lot of new snow, Judy! Good luck to Sparkie. Hope he's back to normal soon.

Good Morning, House. :)

Marisa! :bdayHow are you going to celebrate?

Leanna ~ Thanks for sharing pictures! The purses are both wonderful and your kitties are sooo cute. :hook

Joanne ~ Stay safe if you drive to work. Fox News has pictures on right now!

Judy ~ Great pictures! I hope you're all stocked up and able to stay in.

Cindy ~ Thanks for the info. on the light. Cross-stitch is why I need one, too. :lol Enjoy your day at home.

Hi Orchid! We're glad you're here. :manyheart

DD, Luke and I are having lunch together today. I have a couple of errands to take care of, so had better get ready.

Stay warm and have a good morning. :)

Good morning ladies :hi

I read through the posts but don't have time to comment individually. But, thank you Mary :D

It just took me 2 hours to clean off my car and a path to the road where the plow truck hid our driveway with about 3 feet of chunky ice :angry So, now I still have to go shower and supposed to be at work by 11, which isn't happening. Well, that's the extent of my day, but gotta run!

hello hello

thanks for the welcome.

I am sat here with my sons afghan,its growing well,been adding a row a day,today adding three for each one,creating 2 for both my sons.

its a chilly day,,loving being in and cosey with some relaxing crochet.

have a great day

crochet with passion

love

orchid xxx

Good Morning Orchid & Welcome! :cheer:cheer I am Kiyo, from Utah. I am pretty new in here as well, the ladies have welcomed me as one of them! I love it in here! I am just shy of 34, single mom of 1 beautiful 10 yr. old little girl. I work and work and work.....lol I am a dispatcher for a trucking company full time and then I unload produce for a product co-op on sat. mornings. I crochet early early in the morning and in the evening for a minute just before bed.

Good morning ladies :hi

I read through the posts but don't have time to comment individually. But, thank you Mary :D

It just took me 2 hours to clean off my car and a path to the road where the plow truck hid our driveway with about 3 feet of chunky ice :angry So, now I still have to go shower and supposed to be at work by 11, which isn't happening. Well, that's the extent of my day, but gotta run!

***YUCKY*** I'm sorry!

Archived