Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Kiyo

Are you going ot Jamaica next fall ? Wow, I bet it is beautiful there .

Well.......that's a "TENTATIVE" wedding site and 11-11-11 is the tentative date.......We will see if that still happens in June and we will go from June lol. Not that you all care- but....for some odd reason I can't seem to date anyone that lives close to me. I was DONE dating people far away, next thing i know- my now boyfriend, was here, went home to vacation and they told him they were closing the plant here, he didn't have a job.....therefore, he stayed there, is working, came out in Oct. for a week. and will be out next month for my birthday for a week. The tentative "MOVE OUT" here to be with me date is Mid-end June......I am not holding my breath cuz I always seem to get my heart broken! Soooooo.....Yes, to try to be positive on this----Jamaica is the plan for now.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, housemates.

I know, it's been a little while. Been busy trying to bust my stash and not getting as far as I would like not to mention I was in the ER for about 4.5 hours Monday morning with a migraine that went away when they gave me the drugs and then came back just about the time the drugs started to wear off. :thair

Anyway, I ended up missing work Monday night and slept so much that the next day, my ribs hurt everytime I coughed. Went back Tuesday night and all of my regulars asked if I was feeling better. I wanted to make a sign by the end of the night that said "Yes, I'm feeling better" and tape it to my apron. :lol

But today, got borders done on six different blocks for the afghans. Making progress but just not as fast as I'd like. Especially since Monday I didn't even feel like eating anything (but had to anyway) much less picking up the hook and crocheting.

I noticed we've had a few birthdays in here this week. Cindy and Marisa I think it was. If I'm wrong I'm sorry.

:bday for everyone who had a birthday this week.

Had 60 degree temp here today. Almost all the snow is melted. So of course what does the weatherman do? Forecast more for Monday with temperatures dropping over the weekend til then. :bang

Some good news though. Catching up on some bills. Got a little behind and it started getting bad for a bit there but we've caught everything up and even now have the money to get the van fixed. Appointment is next Wednesday. Harry's brother is doing the work.

Of course that means we'll be without the van all day...... DARN that means I'll have no reason not to pick up the hook and blow out a whole skein that day. :yay

I'm hoping that I can get some extra done tonight while sitting at work waiting to clock in. At least I'll have my tunes and pretty much quiet otherwise.

On another thread I noticed someone was asking about what would your perfect craft room have in it. I had to respond.

My perfect craft room would of course have to be fairly large for my stash, books and tools. In one corner would be my rocking chair that I love to crochet in. I would also have a small refrigerator, just big enough to keep a jug of ice water and some sodas. Maybe a few snacks. A stereo for my tunes and of course a couple of nice large windows that I could open on a nice day. I'd keep a couple of different afghans in there to throw across my legs if it got cool. A nice bright lamp to work by at night would be the last thing to add.

QUESTION: What would be in your perfect craft room?

My boyfriend would come to visit from Tennesee and say.......Babe....I thought I told you that in your case that LESS is better, not MORE. lol

Hah! You'll be like me soon...lots of our larger pieces of furniture have afghans draped over them:lol:lol:lol

Hi there House Family, how is everyone doing justy stopping by for a sec to say Hi and to share a picture of the two scarfs that I wove on one of my weaving looms.

Woven Scarfs 001

Judy - I read your e-mail and I agree that we should wait until Joanne has a free week-end. Have a great evening everyone.

Beautiful! But I only saw one scarf...:think:think

...sent you a PM about the meetup:hook

Hello, housemates.

I know, it's been a little while. Been busy trying to bust my stash and not getting as far as I would like not to mention I was in the ER for about 4.5 hours Monday morning with a migraine that went away when they gave me the drugs and then came back just about the time the drugs started to wear off. :thair

Anyway, I ended up missing work Monday night and slept so much that the next day, my ribs hurt everytime I coughed. Went back Tuesday night and all of my regulars asked if I was feeling better. I wanted to make a sign by the end of the night that said "Yes, I'm feeling better" and tape it to my apron. :lol

But today, got borders done on six different blocks for the afghans. Making progress but just not as fast as I'd like. Especially since Monday I didn't even feel like eating anything (but had to anyway) much less picking up the hook and crocheting.

I noticed we've had a few birthdays in here this week. Cindy and Marisa I think it was. If I'm wrong I'm sorry.

:bday for everyone who had a birthday this week.

Had 60 degree temp here today. Almost all the snow is melted. So of course what does the weatherman do? Forecast more for Monday with temperatures dropping over the weekend til then. :bang

Some good news though. Catching up on some bills. Got a little behind and it started getting bad for a bit there but we've caught everything up and even now have the money to get the van fixed. Appointment is next Wednesday. Harry's brother is doing the work.

Of course that means we'll be without the van all day...... DARN that means I'll have no reason not to pick up the hook and blow out a whole skein that day. :yay

I'm hoping that I can get some extra done tonight while sitting at work waiting to clock in. At least I'll have my tunes and pretty much quiet otherwise.

On another thread I noticed someone was asking about what would your perfect craft room have in it. I had to respond.

My perfect craft room would of course have to be fairly large for my stash, books and tools. In one corner would be my rocking chair that I love to crochet in. I would also have a small refrigerator, just big enough to keep a jug of ice water and some sodas. Maybe a few snacks. A stereo for my tunes and of course a couple of nice large windows that I could open on a nice day. I'd keep a couple of different afghans in there to throw across my legs if it got cool. A nice bright lamp to work by at night would be the last thing to add.

QUESTION: What would be in your perfect craft room?

HEY SHANNON!!! Dang the headache! Have you tried peppermint oil to help relieve at all? Behind the ears, back of the neck and on the feet? It goes into your body and does something! I'm just learning. Welcome back, it has been a few days!

Well.......that's a "TENTATIVE" wedding site and 11-11-11 is the tentative date.......We will see if that still happens in June and we will go from June lol. Not that you all care- but....for some odd reason I can't seem to date anyone that lives close to me. I was DONE dating people far away, next thing i know- my now boyfriend, was here, went home to vacation and they told him they were closing the plant here, he didn't have a job.....therefore, he stayed there, is working, came out in Oct. for a week. and will be out next month for my birthday for a week. The tentative "MOVE OUT" here to be with me date is Mid-end June......I am not holding my breath cuz I always seem to get my heart broken! Soooooo.....Yes, to try to be positive on this----Jamaica is the plan for now.

Fingers crossed....but my philosophy after the totally random way I met my hubby back in the dinosaur days is: if it's meant to be, it'll happen:)

Thanks Kiyo. I keep forgetting about the peppermint oil but my boyfriend is really good with pressure points. He always seems to hit just the right ones to make me feel really, really relaxed. In fact, he says that it takes him just five minutes to turn me into a boneless heap. People think he's kidding but with just a five minute massage I can hardly move I'm so relaxed.

BTW, I hope everything works out for you and the boyfriend. I seem to be having good luck on that front and hope you do too.

Hi, Shannon. Welcome back....

Stash busting...I seem to be treading water trying to bust mine, even though I've been working on different projects every day.:P

I hope you get a break from the migraines. Has a doc ever suggested they could be hormone related? Just a thought.

And yes, Jules, with the amount of thread in my stash I would definitely like to join the OLDC!:D

Kiyo

You can tease all you want. You werent here back in the good old days when we were all ornery ... you arent doing anything wrong, so no worries .

That's right!;)

and get out your hook and thread-- you get to make the little heart doily with us !

:yay:yay:yay:yay

LeAnna, that swan doily is to die for!:nworthy

Thanks Kiyo. I keep forgetting about the peppermint oil but my boyfriend is really good with pressure points. He always seems to hit just the right ones to make me feel really, really relaxed. In fact, he says that it takes him just five minutes to turn me into a boneless heap. People think he's kidding but with just a five minute massage I can hardly move I'm so relaxed.

BTW, I hope everything works out for you and the boyfriend. I seem to be having good luck on that front and hope you do too.

I'm just learning and getting into the oils big time and LOVIN IT!! There's an oil for EVERYTHING!! It's soooo amazing. I'm not a medicine taker so these are perfect for me! DoTerra has a peppermint oil 1 drop equals 25 cups of peppermint tea (just to tell you how pure and strong it is) And......it would be AWESOME with pressure points as well. You would be just a HEAP then! LOL

Thank you about the good luck in it working for me! I pray, I can't do it again. I will become a nun when my daughter is 18 if this one doesn't work out. I am happy for you. He's an awesome guy and we are doing awesome and just seem to click, so we will see!

Fingers crossed....but my philosophy after the totally random way I met my hubby back in the dinosaur days is: if it's meant to be, it'll happen:)

Sooooo.......we were random as well.....maybe that means something for me! lol I want to say we met in the x-box era! lol 50 yrs. from now! I will keep my fingers crossed.

Hi, Shannon. Welcome back....

Stash busting...I seem to be treading water trying to bust mine, even though I've been working on different projects every day.:P

I hope you get a break from the migraines. Has a doc ever suggested they could be hormone related? Just a thought.

And yes, Jules, with the amount of thread in my stash I would definitely like to join the OLDC!:D

Maybe you can use some of your thread and make me some doilies!

Maybe you can use some of your thread and make me some doilies!

WARNING !!! WARNING !!!:tryme

NOPE --- AINT HAPPENING LITTLE MISSIE . :2nono

YOU ARE MAKING YOUR OWN DOILIES !!!!! :yes

If you are getting married, you need a hope chest,so fill it with doilies. You have several months to work on them,so get crackin . :hook:hook:hook

Actually Judy, I think the migraine was brought on by me stressing over the money situation in the house. I have a nasty habit of stressing easily over stuff like that. But things are starting to straighten out quite nicely and I've been able to relax a lot more. Which seems to be helping quite a bit.

Kiyo - I do use some oils. Want to start using more. I like putting Eucalyptus oil in my bath water sometimes. It draws out some of the toxins in your system, making it easier to stay healthy. I'm thinking about putting a few drops of either Lilac or Jasmine oil in the bath water when I really want to relax. I'm big on aromatherapy. It really works.

Hi Shannon

Great to see you,and so glad that things are starting to come together for you now. That is good news.

Not the migraines ,though. Those things are awful,arent they ?

As many and often as I get them, I'd have to buy oil by the semi-truckload .

Ohhhh Mary......I am laughing so hard also in my little cubical. I knew i put these walls around me for a reason! lol I will let you ALL know when I make my BIG THONG underpants AND the Poodle Toilet paper and I will make you ALL one for Christmas (the poodle that is!!!) lol

I'm back and just look what I found for you:

http://twosisters.lothruin.com/cozies.html

You can start it right after your doilies are finished!

Hi there House Family, how is everyone doing justy stopping by for a sec to say Hi and to share a picture of the two scarfs that I wove on one of my weaving looms.

Woven Scarfs 001

Judy - I read your e-mail and I agree that we should wait until Joanne has a free week-end. Have a great evening everyone.

Those are really great. They look like the fabric drapes nicely, and the fringe is a perfect finishing touch.

:bday:birthday:cake MARISSA!!!!!

Hope your day went better than it started! I'm so done with the white stuff that falls from the sky- I read that this is the most snow we've gotten here in 62 years!

I read all the posts, but please forgive me for not responding to everyone. I had a long day- went into work for 11- the roads were NOT great- luckily they were better when I left and came home. Had a touch of work to do when I got home- and now I'm ready to hop in bed and rest these weary bones/joints.

I shoveled this morning while DH used the snowblower- and luckily our neighbor also helped when he was done with his. My body is not liking all this snowshoveling- but the ONLY bright side is I'm burning calories!

Love the pics of the scarf Cheeria

And all this doily talk had me cracking up out loud!!! Thanks for the laughs, Julie, Kiyo and Cindy!!:)

Welcome to Joy and Peachy:)

Have a good rest of the evening- what is left of it. Already 8:30 PM and I am just sitting down to relax!

jamica must be the in place for weddings. Another friend of mine has a friend that is getting married there too. Hope it works out for you.

Archived