cable bag in FC EasyCrochet

Angelhair

Hi!

Finally I can show my cabled bag which got published in the latest issue of Family Circle Easy Crochet. They also did a review of my crochet CDs woohoo.:cheer I really love a ot of the patterns in this issue. Epecially the lacy white tops. Its a shame the magazine is being discontinued. But there are supposed to be some new ones cropping up.Alexcablebagsm.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone for all the compliments :) I made this bag almost a year ago because I was jealous of all the cable knit bags in the posh boutiques. The people in my "knit & wine" group encouraged me to submit it to a magazine.

If you do try the pattern, all the abbreviations and instructions are confusing at first but after a few rounds you can work out how it goes by the pattern and the look of it. I do wish they included a stitch diagram though, because they are often easier to follow than instructions. Also, if you are watching your pennies, you can use Wool-Ease instead of Patons Wool.

Thanks for the information about the yarn. I was wondering what kind it used. Both Wool Ease and Patons Wool are easy for me to get. I appreciate patterns that use yarns that are easy to find and in my price range.

That rocks, Alex! :2rock Your bag is one of my faves in the mag, and I would love to check out the cd's as well. Congrats to you, and thanks for a great pattern!:yay

P.S. yes, Mrs. Principal. I just picked it up last week.

I just bought that issue the other day and your purse was one of the biggest reasons that I bought it!!! I love it!

When I saw it, I did wonder if it was a design from a C'ville member! :D

Great job on it!!!

I just got my copy yesterday at walmart. The site for Patons and Bernat are way too busy to get into right now, but there are links for patterns on those sites in the magazine as well.

Wendyb532

i love that purse, i am trying to find the magizine here in michigan, i read someone got it at krogers so i am having my bf check today

I live really not to far from you (about an hour...) and I got my copy from one of the JoAnn stores, not the little fabric one, but the big superstore one. If one carries it, you'd think that they all should.

It's just beautiful! Is this issue of FC Easy Crochet still out at the stores?

I just bought mine tonight (about 3 hrs ago!) at Target.:yes I was checking out the purse pattern about 20 min ago!:tup:heart

Archived