STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think neither! Because when you frog, you're remaking balls and when you crochet it together, it's using balls. So, in my not so sound logic, they cancel each other out.

of course, that's just my opinion.

Used 1 skein yesterday making washcloths. So, that's +2 more for me. I'm about to finish another skein, so we'll see what happens!!

Well, in the process of making my 9 squares for the football challenge and working on my snuggle I used up 3 skeins, so +6 more for me. I need to get back to work on my Christmas afghans, so the points will probably slow down now, also I should be getting my eBay shipment soon........:eek

I am so far behind in this game. Schucks! I am going to have to start clean on Sunday. I know I have crocheted up a ton of skeins the past couple of weeks but I forgot to write those numbers down. Uggg...

I will catch up. I WILL!!!!

Forgot to mention though that I am quite pleased with how my stash is looking. I have managed to take an uncontrollable amount of yarn (so uncontrollable that I didn't even know about the two totes of yarn in the basement...lol) and squeeze it into three dresser drawers, one desk drawer and two small totes. My new goal is to get rid of those two totes, the desk drawer and one of the dresser drawers. (of course, I didn't mention the plastic drawer of thread and the decorator box of thread that sits on the dresser...but those don't really need to be stashbusted) Okay. I am off to work on busting more yarn!!!

I finished off one whole skein and 2 half skeins making the tea cosy I posted in the home decor thread, so I'm finishing this week at +4. Yea! I've started my sister's Christmas tree skirt and am 3/4 of the way done with the first of 5 panels, but that's only used up part of a skein and is still ongoing. And I also started a scarf, but only last night, so while I have about 4 inches done so far, I've barely made a dent in the skein of yarn. Probably won't get much done on either of these this upcoming week, but we'll see. At least I finally started the tree skirt! :P Patty

I used up (2) 12 oz skeins of yarn making a purse this week. It is going to last right?:yes I also used up 4 balls that I had for making 2" squares as I needed to get started on another afghan for Christmas...oh that is coming so soon. +8 for the last couple days and +11 WTD

Did ya miss me? Bet ya didn't even notice I was gone! :lol

(Well, I did sneak on that one time from work)

Been working a lot lately, so not much crocheting time.... My (step)dad passed away 2 weeks ago, dealing with that... the puter finally bit the big one had to order a new motherboard & all that went with it & now I'm finally back :whew

I used up *most* of a ball of thread making a Mother filet for my mom, but it's not quite gone, so I won't count it yet. Also sent out 150 skeins of fun fur from an auction.. but not sure what else I sent cuz I haven't been paying attention :oops

Oh & my mom gave me a bag of yarn, I don't even know what's in it!! (be right back, gonna go look!) :lol

Ok, there's 9 partials, 13 reg. size skeins & 3 Caron pounders, gotta luv Mom!

That's +259

I've got two more skeins taken care of in the last few days, I'm nearly done with two more making a cat bed. I'm also nearly done with a third skein making a purse.

Saturday football is very productive for me this week. So, really only +4 right now, but hopefully I'll add to that before the MSU game is over.

for the week ending 9/15, there are only two negatives great job to everyone

here are the winners;

Gold Award................ Nght 259( that's three weeks in a row)

Silver Award............. Elle_13 18

Bronze Award............. KellyA 14

congrats to all the winners

krazy-kitty.............. 13

angelfire................. 11

tamugrad.................10

Krystal16 ................10

scc51055..................8

DesertCrocheter ........4

Renegade .................4

econ-nerd ................4

laughlovehook............4

rlanto.......................4

crochetsal.................2

Robyn.....................-8

and

SHOOT THE MOON- hseger - 37

I missed the deadline (by a lot) unfortunately. I decided to lay down for a few minutes nap before the USC game and woke up a few minutes ago (which was 7 hours later). So, I guess I'll add my last two skeins to the YTD, but leave them off a WTD score.

Archived