STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have one small update: I used up another skein last night. (hey football was on!). That will give me a grand total for this week of +84! I can't remember the last time I was in the positives (and this won't last long, since I ordered a bunch of grab bags from Elmore-Pisgah, and should get those next week).

Looks like a lot of us are making positive progress this week! And for the rest - hey at least you got some new yarn, so that's good too! :lol

Ok fine... but it'll hafta wait until tomorrow, when hubby's not home... I found places to stash before he got home today! :rofl

(and that's only becuz I have like 100lbs of misc. yarn listed on eBay & have cleaned out some tubs!!) Will take pix for ya too. :lol

Other topic.. does anyone have the Magic Crochet magazine, Issue #76??

If so, can you tell me why ONE mag is selling for THIS much on eBay???

http://cgi.ebay.com/Magic-Crochet-Magazine-Issue-76_W0QQitemZ120152070396QQihZ002QQcategoryZ41233QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't know why anyone would pay that much for a magazine :think , unless they really needed a pattern in it. I used to get Magic Crochet so I might have it. I'm cleaning out stuff and silly me, I've been giving things away. At those prices, I could make a million! :rofl

Ellie 13

... by request.

Ok, so I counted & took pix as you asked... good news & bad news.

Good news, I will never run out of crochet thread, even if I lived 30 lifetimes! Bad news... I will never see another positive yearly score!! :rofl

Not all of the cotton skeins were full ones, some were quite obvious, but some weren't as much. So, I counted each one as two points, I'll just hafta remember to remove 2 points when I use 'em. SO, with that said... the count IS: 305 skeins/balls of cotton, 15 skeins of wool, 34 skeins of Honeysuckle, 4 skeins of Americas Best Rayon Thread, 14 skeins of America's Best (1000 yard each) and 60 skeins of America's Best thread, mostly size 10, I think there's some 20 in there too. For a grand total of 432 pieces which = -864 points :2blush

th_Mistletoe.jpg

th_Wool.jpg

th_Peaches2.jpg

from the front

th_PeachesFront.jpg

from the side

th_PeachesSide.jpg

But I sold sum stuff too, so lemme go tally that so I can post my weekly score, be back in a bit!

I'm gonna go & update my siggy :hook

OOOPS! I forgot to post my stash usage for the week. I made 8 more flowers and 3 turtles so I used 3 balls (+3). I gifted 1 skein and 2 balls (+4) to a neighbor. I packed some for the senior center, I won't count it yet. I'll add it to my score next week, when I deliver it.

Ellie 13

I did score +156 for the 78 skeins I sent out for eBay...there were lots more, but they were in my stash before the Stashbusting...

so the final score for the week is -886 :rofl

Well, I managed three skeins before the deadline. It's been slow going with all the sleep I've been needing. So, my WTD is -48. Hopefully next week will be better. I don't have any more yarn coming in, theoretically!!!

for the week ending 8/25

here are the winners;

Gold Award............. renegade 84

Silver Award.. coolhockeymom 61

Bronze Award.. laughlovehook 46

congrats to all the winners

Elle_13 +12

Breger3 10

tamugrad 10

Robyn 6

scc51055 6

stargazingly 6

krazy-kitty 6

hseger 1

Krystal 16 -10

tlisley - -16

rlanto -48

angelfire -56

and

drum roll please

ta dah

SHOOT THE MOON- Nght - 886

Wow, nght, you should have a yarny garage sale! You got some great stuff from the grab bags - how many did you order? I just checked, and my order will be delivered on Wednesday! Since Wednesday is the first class day at UT (and I'll be working my buns off that day) I look forward to coming home to a nice yarn surprise.

Congrats to all the winners this week! A lot of folks in the positive. :cheer

And I'm starting off this week with a +4. I know that won't last long, but I'm making some good progress while I can watching football on a kiddle sized ghan for PL (the chapter I donate to is running low, since they supply all the elementary schools in their county with blankies). I'd have gotten more done by now, but my kitty Sam keeps sitting on my lap when I start working on it! And who am I to toss him aside - he's never been a lapcat in his entire life, and in the past few months, he's become one. (This is the kitty with lymphoma, so I have to take advantage while I can of him sitting on my lap!)

Wow, nght, you should have a yarny garage sale! You got some great stuff from the grab bags - how many did you order?

Well, isn't that kinda what I did with sellin' some on eBay? :lol

And ummm... it was 50 bags :eek:blush

Well, gals, I told you last week that I wouldn't score anything last week because I was knitting, and dang if I wasn't right, I scored a bog fat zero for last week. But I finished off a skein this morning, and then bought one at Joann's, so I'm right back to zero again already. ANd since I'm using this skein on that same knitted blanket, methinks my score this week will be zero again. :P Patty

OK, this is a case of be careful what you wish for...

I bought that afghan at the thrift store so I could frog it. It seemed the person who made it was a beginner and was just not satisfied with the fact that it went from large to small - sort of a trapezoid! But, for $4 I figured it was worth all of the nearly brand new yarn in it.

I started frogging last night, practicing my new nostepinde skill (still in its infancy) and said "I'll wind until I get to the end of a skein..." Well, it didn't happen. I couldn't FIND the end of the skein! I'm not sure WHERE this person bought the yarn, but the whole afghan had ONLY two skeins in it. It feels like Red Heart - do they make RHSS in pounders? Because I came out with two POUNDS of yarn. Obviously, my winding technique is still a little haphazard, because these both weigh the same! :lol

bigyarn.jpg

I also got 5 balls of thread (some unopened) for $2.50, as well as a brand new skein of wool sock yarn clearance for $1.50. Total: 2 BIG skeins (+4), 5 balls of thread (+10) and one more ball of sock yarn (+2) for a total of -16

Well the yarn goddess must not like me today, while my computer was restarting I lost a lot I was bidding on, on Ebay. Well I guess it depends on how you look at it, it was for 23 skeins/balls of peaches & cream from Nght.:lol So that would have been 46 points in the hole.

Oh well. :rofl

I finished off a skein finally making the little squares so starting a +2 for the week though anyday I hope to get my package from my swap partner and will probably lose some points.

I think RHSS does pounders. I seem to remember that or something that would be similarly large when I was at JoAnn's today.

And yes, I did buy yarn. -6 for buying three Caron pounders. I'm making a Weasley Sweater with them, so hopefully it'll go pretty quickly. It's an easy pattern.

"Congrats to the winners this week

I only had +4 - internet router up and died on me on Saturday morning and I was unable to post - hoping it gets fixed tonight - hate having to post at work - don't want to be written up for my love for the hook:hook

This week I started out with making 2 chemo caps for a co-worker

So I am at +3 for the week

Archived