STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used up a full skein and a partial finishing a huge Pooh. Here's a link to the blog page: http://bizzycrochet.blogspot.com/2007/06/im-on-roll.html and made another ball from the shrug in the same entry. +4

Doesn't get me anywhere out of the hole I'm in, but thank goodness the totals start over after tomorrow!

I busted 1 ball and had to throw away a skein of white that is so old it yellowed so rather than make something and hope I can get the yellow out I just threw it away. So +3 for me so far today.

Busted another skein for a baby ghan ..... still not enough yarn and I believe the yarn is no longer available...so I will take apart some 6" squares and finish the ghans...man now that will be a lot of ends to weave in :no

I was wondering if this is still open for new joins? If so, I'd love love love to join. I'm currently trying to go through my very large stash :blush But I'm doing my best to get rid of it. Thoe I may need some help with clarification, being the owner of a yarn store... I technically acquire yarns all the time. :eek

Also can we backdate any losses or gains? I've been stash busting for a few months now.

Happy Hooks :hook

Megan

You can join anytime! Welcome Megan!

I'm going to be at +7 for the week I didn't get my skeins to balls today like I'd hoped and we have company so I probably won't get anymore crocheted today.

I doubt I'll finish any other skeins before 8, so I'm sittin' at +2 for the week... I did NOT BUY any yarn!! TWO weeks in a row now :eek

Well, so I went yarn shopping today. Just to go see what was on sale. I bought 3 balls of thread (one wasn't on sale, but was in the sale part of the shelves, so they gave it to me for $1, even less than the sale price), and 13 skeins of a variety of colors of Simply Soft (I actually have a project in mind for it, though).

So, that -32 added to my -22 I alread had gave me -54. But, I actually used up a skein last night putting the edging on my giant granny (I even weaved in the ends, so that thing is completely done), so my score for this week is -52.

Megan - welcome!

You could technically backdate for this week, but we only go week to week, and tonight we switch our "Week To Date" (WTD) score back to zero anyway. As for the owner of a yarn store, well.... I would say that anything you have that you have NO intention of selling is YOURS and counts. Anything you take off the shelves with intention of using is YOURS and counts. Anything you put back on the shelves (do you do this?) counts as well.

I have +5 for this week, now to get the scores tallied.

Okay, probably a few minutes late (okay, hours), but I made it through 2 more balls this morning before I went to bed, so I'm at +28 for the week!!

Archived