Valentine Mystery CAL ..Day #6 Post 354, 329, 308, 284, 124,202

minwifeof4boys

Lovin' the pics of everyone's snow!!! Here in dreary Savannah, Georgia all we are getting is cold steady rain!

Kbear--I see you live in Salisbury! That is where my parents live! It is very nice up there! Maybe I should check in on my mom and make sure she is OK.

I need to get my boys started with their school work but while they are working I can work on my CAL!!

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay!!! I had to go out and get the cotton this morning. Oh and speaking of snow I just looked out side and you will never guess what its doing??? SNOWING!!!! Yay I miss the NY snow down here in Virginia Beach but when it does snow I get excited!!

Lea, minwifeof4boys...I know where Oxford is. You are close to Roxboro? My mother lived in Roxboro until about 3 yrs ago (we moved her to VA to be closer because her health was getting poor).

Love the snow pics. We have about 3/4 inch so far in rural VA near the NC line. Hey I count ever fraction because snow is pretty rare around here:D My 3 boys were shocked no school today, because at 6 am it was not a flake to be seen lol

Thank you for the <3 mystery CAL, I'm ready to start crocheting yea!

Lea, minwifeof4boys...I know where Oxford is. You are close to Roxboro? My mother lived in Roxboro until about 3 yrs ago (we moved her to VA to be closer because her health was getting poor).

Love the snow pics. We have about 3/4 inch so far in rural VA near the NC line. Hey I count ever fraction because snow is pretty rare around here:D My 3 boys were shocked no school today, because at 6 am it was not a flake to be seen lol

Thank you for the <3 mystery CAL, I'm ready to start crocheting yea!

Yes, Oxford IS near Roxboro... where we live is actually closer to a town called Virgilina Va.....Ilene however lives very very close to Roxboro!

I purchased white and pink yarn. It is the nobo angela-3. It suggests that I use a K hook. Should I use that size or a smaller size?

I'm thinking if it calls for a K.... go with a K.... It should be beautiful!:manyheart

I had a doctor's appt today, and almost forgot!! The shame....but I just wrote down the instructions to do later, after dinner.

They didn't have school here today either...not a flake in sight. Weird. I don't think we missed this much school. They just keep saying it's coming. I'll believe it when I see it. We used to get lots of snow here. My 5 yr old gets so excited whenever he sees a flake, and he is pining to build a snowman. Hopefully he will get to sometiime soon. :yay

I'm finished too. Too be honest I wasn't to fond of working with cotton as I had problems with it when I first started crocheting 3 weeks ago. Anyway, now I us love how it works up. It's soooo soft! I can't wait for tomorrow!

I tried to post this but it didn't take so I'll try again. Forgive me if it posts twice. I couldn't find red 100% cotton so I got the variegated, red,pink & white & the white also. I hope this'll work.

Yep I just started crocheting about 3 weeks ago. Since I started I have completed about 8 scarves, almost done with my first afghan, several pot holders and dishcloths, and a quarter of the way through a giant graphghan. I love crocheting so much that I have already spent a fortune on yarn. Probably over $300 in 3 weeks :eek. I must say that I get several looks when I am out buying yarn since I am a guy. One woman even asked me why us men can't leave well enough alone and leave crocheting to the women. I am just glad that is not the response I have gotten here. Everyone here has been terrific. This has done wonders for managing stress! And I work a job where i can crochet at work so I have been averaging about 11 hours of crocheting a day! :hook

I can't wait to get todays instructions!

Okay, time for me to catch up. When I left for work yesterday the directions hadn't been posted and when I got home the kids had the computer tied up. This is the first chance I had to get back online. Hopefully it will be a slow day at work and I can get caught up. This is my first CAL and I am so excited!

Greg: I think it is great that you are crocheting! I was amazed that you created so many projects in just 3 weeks !! But I was glad to see that you are able to crochet about 11 hours a day, that made me feel better - wish I had a job like that.

I'm excited about this project (finished my first 5 rows too). I've never participated in anything like this before - it seems like fun so I joined it.

Yep I just started crocheting about 3 weeks ago. Since I started I have completed about 8 scarves, almost done with my first afghan, several pot holders and dishcloths, and a quarter of the way through a giant graphghan. I love crocheting so much that I have already spent a fortune on yarn. Probably over $300 in 3 weeks :eek. I must say that I get several looks when I am out buying yarn since I am a guy. One woman even asked me why us men can't leave well enough alone and leave crocheting to the women. I am just glad that is not the response I have gotten here. Everyone here has been terrific. This has done wonders for managing stress! And I work a job where i can crochet at work so I have been averaging about 11 hours of crocheting a day! :hook

I can't wait to get todays instructions!

Oh PPBBFFFTTT to those women who ask you that. Tell them you didnt know crocheting was a "woman's only" craft.

Anywho, welcome to the forum, congrats on getting so much done. DANG you make me feel slow (even w/ knowing the number of hours you have to do it in, lol). Keep that needle flying (just dunt get it so hot you get burnt on it ;) ).

Sandy

Archived