Valentine Mystery CAL ..Day #6 Post 354, 329, 308, 284, 124,202

minwifeof4boys

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My husband looked at mine and said " Ok. Now what are you supposed to do with it" ROLF.

He didn't take the wind out of my sails. I am just THRILLED that I actually accomplished it!

Woo Hoo!!!

I believe the one I made will end up under a plant or something like that. Unless my DD decides one of her baby dolls needs a tiny blankie.

Count me in also, even though I am starting late I will do my best to play catch-up over the weekend!

Never to late to join AND I just read your blog... yOU live right near my two older boys... well at least one of the older... he is near McCullers Cross Roads... small small world...

>...Everyone... your things look great... I think I'm going to do a heart afghan in pastels .....for ME!!!

I made mine into a little purse...just made one for the back and made a little strap. Giving it to my stepdaughter with her valentine goody. I am now making a blue bag for my 5yr old son using this pattern for his valentine goody. I'm so glad I tried this. I have always wanted to do graphs but never learned. It has inspired me. I finished the top yesterday--made hubby a #8 Dale Jr. racing pillow for valentines day. He is tickled! Turned out great, so I am happy that I have finally gotten the graph thing down. Now he wants a blanke:eek . We'll see.........

When I washed my pillow front by hand and laid it flat, the red ran into the white - resulting in a pinkish mess. The only thing I can figure is that the white is less dense than the red, and as it dried it pulled the water from the red - because when I laid it out it was fine. Then when I re-washed it and laid it flat on a rack in the dryer to dry, it did the same thing. So I figured I had nothing to lose and just washed it!

Well, I finally got the pink out! Thank goodness for Clorox 2! I washed it in warm water with a warm rinse in Clorox 2, and that did the trick. Instead of trying to lay it flat and be careful with it, I just threw it in the dryer with some other things. It worked!

Leah, thank you for helping us with this project! :manyheart

Judy

229562406.jpg

229562416.jpg

Judy, your pillow came out fantastic! It is so cute.:hook

Leah, thanks for starting this CAL. It was my first and I really enjoyed it. I have crocheted another square and packed them both away with my "to finish" projects. This is the first box I will open up after my move in 2 weeks, so I can complete my unfinished projects.

Lea and everyone, :hug

Thank you, Lea, for the CAL. It was fun. And thanks everyone, for writing in with hints and pictures. They really helped. I made mine in thread and this is what I'm thinking of doing with it. Don't laugh! It's really hard to teach Kindergartners the importance of rubbing the hands together when handwashing. They just hold their hands under running water and think that will kill the germs. So I'm going to make another square and put a bar of soap between the two. Maybe they will be more interested in the friction part of handwashing if they get to use the "heart" soap. I'll let you know if it works.

Rita K.

Dayton, OH

Hi, Lea,:clap

Yellow Springs is just like it always was..full of creative, dedicated people, and a little off-beat. I'd give anything to live there. The village's latest project is fighting urban sprawl. Young's Dairy is still outside of town, but has changed so much you might not recognize it. It still has the best ice cream in the world, though.

Rita K.

Finally, here are pics of my finished "mystery". In case you can't tell, it's a pillow.:lol I wanted a ruffled edging like Judy aka happystitcher but gave up cuz I'm not too creative and just left it like it is...edged with a variegated thread.

Here is the front:

frontofpillow3.jpg

The back looks the same except I must have missed a row in the heart cause it's squattier. :heehee

Archived