NEW issue Family Circle Easy Crochet

luckybmr

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found it at walmart the other day. Love the cami top, and the white coat pattern #29 although I like the 1962 version better than the modern version. The cropped vest #4 and the handbag #5, #8 the purple, red and yellow sweater. More projects to add to my ever growing list. Definatley a good buy.

I found mine at Joanne's yesterday...I used my 40% off coupon:hook !!!

And I got the Sensations hooks that are 30% off...all 9 of them:hook !!!

Now there is no reason to not find the size I need:rofl :rofl :rofl like that will ever happen:rofl :rofl :rofl

Now for the bad news...did you all check out this...

Crochet Unraveled Show Notes

Episode 1

January 17, 2007

b.BH&G Simply Creative Crochet and Family Circle Easy Crochet are no longer being published.

POOP! I love Family Circle Easy Crochet and was going to get a subscription because it has patterns I actually like and can do.

Does anyone know if there will be a replacement? Even if it has that k-thing in it I'd buy it for the crochet patterns.

I picked up the only issue on the rack from Joann's today. WOW, my fingers were just itching on the drive home (dh was driving LOL) going through it. Awesome issue.

Wow, that does stink that it's no longer being published.

I found it in Wal-mart yesterday but not in the craft department. It was with all the magazines in the small magazine and book aisle on the opposite side of the store.

LI Roe

i wish i could get out and find it:drool:drool:drool:cry:cry:cry but alas, no can do, i looked today at b&n, but nada, and now won't get out again until probably the weekend. wish i had some place close i could walk to. hubby is defiently cramping my style:rant:rant:lol:lol

I write for those magazines (the humor essay in this FCEC is mine) and can confirm that they will no longer be published as I have an official email from the Editor in Chief. Also killed were Knit It! and Family Circle Easy Knitting.

I was very disappointed to hear this, but the parent company (Meredith Corporation) pulled the plug on the entire knit and crochet division.

I specifically logged in here to see what anyone had to say about the FCEC that I bought over the weekend (which I loved) and to see if there has been a recent BHG Knit or Crochet issue I should look for. I am SOOO disappointed that they aren't publishing these anymore. I love these magazines! How sad! :no

But thanks for the info!

Got mine today at the local grocery store. Joann's didn't have it yet.:hook

Got mine two days ago at Publix. Publix always has them, for some reason, while Walmart, Joann's and Michael's don't ever have them!

Lots of awesome patterns. I'm going to do the bobble handbag first, then maybe the triangle bag.

I love the purple floral shrug, but will have to make it bigger for my, ahem, generous bustline. That'll take some figuring out, so it's a planned project.

I got BH&G Knit It! magazine, too, and this one is much better. The knitting magazine had a few good patterns, but they were too complicated for me. The easy patterns were just blah. That's what's so nice about crochet - the easy patterns can be stunning!

There is an "advertising" section by Bernat that I think is great. Called "Everyday Styel with Crochet". Takes you room by room thru a house and then on the back page it tells you that you can get the patterns at the web site. Doesn't say if they are free or not - going to check that out next. There is also a contest to enter to win the yarn to make everything in the add.

I loved so many of the things they showed here! :)

I found it in my grocery store yesterday. There are so many good projects in it. I loved the headbands and the white bodice top with the ribbons. Also thinking of a cotton throw rug. Just what I need is more ideas !!!!!!!!!:clap

I write for those magazines (the humor essay in this FCEC is mine) and can confirm that they will no longer be published as I have an official email from the Editor in Chief. Also killed were Knit It! and Family Circle Easy Knitting.

I was very disappointed to hear this, but the parent company (Meredith Corporation) pulled the plug on the entire knit and crochet division.

Is there anyone we can write to to protest or ask to reconsider? If even a fraction of the members here did that, it might at least open their eyes to the fact that there are a lot of us who appreciate those 'zines.

I do have to hunt high and low to find them -- not many places around me carry them (even WM and the bookstores don't have any crochet mags anymore, much to my chagrin! :angry ). Maybe if they were more available, they'd actually SELL more and realize there's a market for them. :oops:reyes

It figures, it had nice patterns, not too over the top, using affordable yarns and patterns which you can change to suit your own taste and they discontinue it. Haven't they ever heard of the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it?"

Just hope the publishers of Crochet Today don't get the same idea.

LI Roe

Hi,

I recently purchased the Family Circle crochet edition. On the pages with the brown margin at the bottom it says I can download patterns on the pages for free. I have not been able to locate any of those patterns. Can someone help? Thanks!

I finally got to see this and I love all the home accessories in the ads. There's definitely some cute things in there and it's even more cool that one of our very own is published in there! Way to go Angelhair! (cable purse)

Archived