NEW issue Family Circle Easy Crochet

luckybmr

I found in the grocery store yesterday a new issue of Family Circle Easy Crochet. Lots and Lots of patterns that I like. I especially like the Triangle-Motif Purse and the Bobble Bag (although probably not with the bobbles). The Openwork Coat is really nice also. Lots of patterns for clothes, afghans, baby stuff, several more purses, I saw a shawl. Just looked really quick thru the magazine and am saving the real looking for after housework later today.

There is an "advertising" section by Bernat that I think is great. Called "Everyday Styel with Crochet". Takes you room by room thru a house and then on the back page it tells you that you can get the patterns at the web site. Doesn't say if they are free or not - going to check that out next. There is also a contest to enter to win the yarn to make everything in the add.

Off to do some housework so I can get to my reward quicker!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found it Friday at Kroger's!!!! It's great! LOTS of stuff I'd like to make. I started the sweater on the cover. I have a blouse that it would look very pretty on. Of course, it'll end up being just one more WIP! But seriously, there are many great projects in this magazine. Well worth it for sure! :clap

I too picked this up yesterday at my local book store. It is great. My favorite part is the Bernat ad -- LOL. Everything is so modern and trendy in the ad, I want to make it all. The other patterns are great though too.

Thanks for the heads up on it. I just need to wait for all the snow and ice to melt. Which won't be for while now.. lol

We are getting hit with another sleet storm as I type this. And the temps won't get to above freezing for about 15 days.

Maryann - I looked in the magazine and went to the Family Circle web site and I don't think they have anything for this magazine specifically.

Terri - all that bad weather is heading my way supposedly tonight and tomorrow. Freezing rain, snow, etc. I went to JoAnn's today and bought the yarn to make the triangle purse, just in case I stay home tomorrow - as if I didn't have enough yarn to do something else! I saw for the first time that JoAnn's by me at least has the SWS yarn the pattern calls for. I had coupons, so it worked out.

The magazine also has three AC Moore coupons 50% off Sugar n Cream, Bernat yarn, Patons yarn. There is also one JoAnns coupon for 40% off Bernat Satin.

Found it at Michaels! I went with my 40% off coupon to get a booklet I'd been wanting, and knew where it was. Then I was lucky enough to find this issue after much searching for magazines. Sheesh, you think they'd arrange displays better in Michaels.

:cheer I got it :manyheart After reading this post earlier My Husband decided he wanted to go Food shopping because we are supposed to get hit with some snow tonight:snow

And low and behold there in the magazine section what should I find YEP it was there so Im very Happy right now.:c9

So many things I want to do and so many new YARNS too:yay

Thanks for the heads up!! I had to bring DD to the mall to get a birthday gift for DH. I let her shop with her friend & got a latte & magazine @ B&N:) Then a quick trip to AC Moore for wool to make a felted bag from Crochet!. I treated myself to 2 magazines:eek

BTW - AC Moore has 50% off coupons to be used on Monday only in the store

I like this magazine as well. Very cute white camisole type top and my daughter has fell in love with it. I am going to give that one a try as soon as I get a few other small projects done. And that open work cardi is soooo cute. I am definitely doing that one too. I am pretty happy with it.

I just got it at Wal-Mart. I have it open in front of me but haven't looked all the way through yet. I've been checking everyday so maybe it's only started being displayed there today.

Might I ask where? I didn't see it at WalMart, which is where I think I got it before. Save a girl from driving all over town, will ya?

Natasha I did get it at Wal-Mart, the one on the east west connecter. It's still the same old Wal-Mart so far. Douglasville and Thorton Rd are redone in the new style with limited magazines which I barely found Crochet World at once.

The new Supercenter Wal-Mart is also in the new style with limited magazines.

I just got it yesterday so I'm pretty sure it's only been out a day or two there.

:)

Now I'm going to have to go hunting...just as soon as it warms up. It's cold here, and getting colder tomorrow...and I here we won't see temps above freezing for the rest of the month. (We'll be lucky to hit 30 during that time, mostly 20's) And I hate freezing...especially my poor feet. but I digress...I want that magazine, now too. oh well...it'll warm up and I'll dare go farther than the grocery one mile down the road. :P

Archived