Rattlesnake Scarf! (High School mascot/in school colors)

everkutz

My daughter requested that I make a Rattler scarf since the rattlesnake is her high school's mascot. The school colors are black and blue, so the snake is done in school colors. This was the first time that I carried a second and third color throughout my work. I crocheted this in the round. I made it up as I went along. The first 3 diamonds are the same size and then they get smaller as they reach the tail. The tail has wooden beads for the rattle!

I was having problems uploading my pictures so here are the links. Maybe someone could help me?!

My Rattlesnake Scarf in BHS colors.

Face:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95175612@N00/353321966/in/photostream/

Being modeled by my daughter:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95175612@N00/353321963/in/photostream/

Thanks for looking!

Oh wow, it's terrific! The colors are great, and I really love the diamonds and stripes. Those beads on the end are the icing on the cake! I agree with you, your daughter is lovely, and she will be the envy of everyone. Isn't it fun when our kids ask us to make stuff for them?

OH MY WORD!! that is just too cute. You did a GREAT job making it up. As everyone said, hope you wrote down the pattern because everyone in your daughters school will want one for school spirit. (and imagine games when the other team starts on the field and sees a sea of rattlers in the stands... talk about a psych out ;) )

Sandy

Thanks everyone for all of your kind words and compliments! :c9 I did not write down a pattern, but it would be easy to make another and I plan to, but will make the next one shorter, at least a whole diamond section shorter. I will also reverse the colors for the next one-the snake will be blue with white around black diamonds, and possibly another black snake with blue around white diamonds.

Archived