Dachshund Sweater

LaurieE

I made this sweater for my dachsie for the Doggie Duds CAL. I used Mainstay "Old Country Time" variegated yarn. The pattern is from the February 1997 issue of Crochet with Heart. I didn't understand what they wanted me to do for the neck and belly straps so I created my own.

DSCF0001-adj.jpg

I've been looking for a sweater pattern for my 5 month old mini dachshund. I've been having a very hard time finding one.

Yours looks really great! And your Dachshund is a beautiful model!!

very very cute! im not used to seeing little dogs, being a big dog owner (or slave as he prefers...!!) so your puppy looks amazingly cute, as does the sweater! great work! :2magic

That gorgeous model is my very spoiled dachshund Spice. He is a very temperamental model and was very uncooperative during the photo shoot. He had to be bribed with treats for good behavior. :lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I made this sweater for my dachsie for the Doggie Duds CAL. I used Mainstay "Old Country Time" variegated yarn. The pattern is from the February 1997 issue of Crochet with Heart. I didn't understand what they wanted me to do for the neck and belly straps so I created my own.

DSCF0001-adj.jpg

Laurie,

My son and daughter in law have two mini doxies. Max is black and tan and Teenie is the color of your little dog. I am hunting for a pattern for a sweater to make them one each for Christmas. I will try to find a copy of this pattern. It is adorable:)

Harriet

Archived