scarf CAL

bobwilson123

Sarah, here's what I did last night,,,it needs to pull out and start over because it wants to roll,,,but that's operator error on my part.

th_100_0868.jpg

:tup I gotta say the pattern you wrote works like a dream,,:c9 ,

I love how easy it is to go to the next pineapple!!!

Got this skein of yarn for 50 cents.....love that.

I hope this will also feed Darskis' addiction to pictures!!:rofl

:2eek glad I don't have that problem:laughroll much

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nss, That's great!!!!!! Great start!!! Thank you for all your encouragement. :manyheart I love the color, and for that price, fabulous!!!! I did find that when I tried to stretch it it curled, so I laid it flat and smoothed it out, and it hangs great now! I'm thinking of doing a rainbow one, I actually got this learn to knit and crochet (little girls toy) thing from the Family Dollar store, it was $5, got it for the yarn, it has 6 balls of brightly colored yarn, not sure the brand, but it feels like SS. If I can get one done this week, I'll post it here. I absolutely love yours!! It's neat to see someone else making a pattern I did, such a great feeling!:c9

Thank you so much for helping me. It took me a while...lol...never searched for a certain post, lol. I'll be finding some yarn for this one quick. Thanks again!

Post us a pic, can't wait to see it!!

Heather, That's beautiful!!! Wonderful job! :U

Everyone's scarves are lovely! I'm not going to join this CAL right now because I made lots of scarves for Christmas and I'm working on hats right now, but I'll share my favorite easy scarf pattern:

* Make a chain as long as you want the scarf to be

* (SC, chain 1/skip 1 chain) repeat to end of row

* Chain 1, turn (SC into chain space of previous row, chain 1) rep to end

You can continue on like this, experimenting with color changes, fat and/or skinny stripes, yarns of all different types and textures. If you use two colors only and alternate colors every other row you will get an interesting "short stripe" effect. Three colors alternating every row also makes a cool pattern. But lately I've been doing two or more stripes of each color so the long stripes are easy to see, and alternating skinny/fat stripes.

This pattern goes pretty fast. I don't have pictures of my favorite ones yet but two others done with this pattern are in this thread:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40628

Hi guys! It's not really fair that i "join" this CAL since scarves are pretty much the only thing that I crochet these days!

Here's two scarves that I made for my sister's Birthday, which is Jan. 16 - guess I ought to quit taking pictures and start getting her package together! The green & grey one is my own pattern/yarn mixture: each row is different type of yarn, made with an "M" hook. I have made LOTS of them lately, and have become someone infamous for them at my husband's work.

th_IMG_1455.jpg

The orange multi-color one is a Garnstudio pattern you can get here. It's two strands held together - Moda Dea Cache and a pumpkin colored chenille that I got on eBay.

Hope you like!

love the scarves christina! is the scrap one a small version of the stripey blanket :)

I didn't look at the stripey blanket CAL. I just made it up using up scraps I had laying around. I wanted to see how it looked. I liked the look and wore it last night to a family get together.

I didn't look at the stripey blanket CAL. I just made it up using up scraps I had laying around. I wanted to see how it looked. I liked the look and wore it last night to a family get together.

ahuh, when i saw ya scarf it reminded me that when i was making my stripey blanket, i thought that it would look great as a scarf:yes and it was just like yours :clap

I haven't gotten the pictures taken yet, but this weekend I had made 2 pineapple scarves (extremely quick pattern) and also a curly scarf. The curly scarf was made from homespun....it wore my arms out pretty good, lol. I'll try to get pictures up soon. Just thought I would share that I have them made.:)

Archived