scarf CAL

bobwilson123

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished scarf #5. I think this is the end of my orders. I still have more of this brand of yarn, I just can't decide what to do with it. My daughter wants me to make her another one. I have no idea why, she already has 5 that I've made for her:eek

th_sapphire.jpg

clickable

This is my first official "posting" (39 more to go - as a newbie) Anyway I teach third grade (looped with kids from 2cd) and told them all I'd make them a scarf - well I have about 19 done. I have 46 students, so I have many. many more to go..... Luckily I am on Feb vacation. I made 2 last night. So count me in!!!! I also finished my niece's scarf last night, too. So that makes 3. TammyG

Wow, Tammy, and I thought I had a lot of scarves to make. I'm curious about what pattern or patterns you are using since you have so many to make. When I have a lot of scarves to make, I usually stick with a simple dc pattern.

Hey Sky,

I have been thinking about doing the art scarf or some time. Are you just using different colors for yours or are you following the recommended fibers as well (chenille, wool, etc)? I have so many scraps that I want to use up before I dare go back to the store.

Hi everyone,

I have been wanting to participate in a cal for quite a while, but didn't want to work on something big. A scarf seems to be a good project to work on since it is small and I know I will be able to complete it. I purchased a few skeins of Moda Dea Dream at Hobby Lobby that was on clearance. The colors I bought are winter white, water lily, and lavender. This is my first time working with this type of yarn, but I like the texture and the softness. I am using a free Coats & Clark pattern, One+One, Crocheted Scarf by Marilyn Coleman, that I saw on PurpleKittyYarns.com. I have already started this project yesterday evening using the lavender. The scarf will be for my daughter.

Desireé

:clap Wow,everyone!!! pretty Scarves

Dreamsofyarn-love your colors,,scarves look so lush and pretty

TammyG--46?? You are brave,,hope we get to see some before they go to those happy faces!! Welcome

Skydramini--That's sure a nice one,, Is that an older magazine??

Sunflowermom-- good job

What a fun CAL :yes good job everyone

:cheer Desiree,,that's going to be cute--the colors you got sound pretty

:clap slicer--that's an awsome scarf ,if that doesn't keep Matt warm nothing will!!

I love the snowman on your blog with the cool scarf on!! :yes Cute

Nice squares,too

Thanks NSS, he loves it, and looks good in it! I still can't get over how excited he was to get it on Friday!

Thanks for the comment on my snowman! The scarf he's wearing is actually a belt I created one day at work because I needed one. But, I think it looks much better as a scarf for a snowman!

Beautiful scarves everyone!!! Sky, I commented on your blog, and it said my comment looks dirty. (?) Anywho, I am making 1 but I cn't post it b/c it is for my SP. And I don't want her to see it and figure out who I am yet. But I'll post it after the SP is finished. :U

I finished my last Fun Fur scarf Sunday night, but forgot to get a pic of it before delivering it to it's new owner. Maybe I'll get some pics of the other ones that I've made. I think I still have two or three in my possession, just gotta figure out where they are.

Finally I've got some pictures of my scarves to post. Here are two of the Fun Fur that I've made recently. The B&W has fringe and the orange does not.

B_W_FunFurScarf.jpg

orange_FunFur.jpg

Archived