I like your colors way better

th_100_0576.jpg

Dreams of yarn!!

That is just adorable,,it looks happy,,

:laughroll Of course she wants more

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I gave 3 of them away :oops before I took pics but here's some more I've done. Two of these I made on a loom. The blue one took 8 skeins (held 2 at a time) and is great on really cold windy days. I wanted it to wear with jeans. I wore it in Baltimore when I went to visit my son and it was a life saver it was so warm and snuggly wrapped up over my head. You walk everywhere and it was near the harbor so... :wbrr

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Rootdigger/Crochet/

:clap Great job,,Deb06,,

:c9 They look so cosy,,,,

The first one,,, YB Infatuation/pacific - loom-- is it on the diagonal??Hard to tell in the picture,,,is that the one that took 8 skeins??

All are beauties!!

:eek Don't ya hate it when ya give them away before getting a pict?? I did that Saturday night.gurrrrr

hey guys - I'm going to join in here with you on making the scarfs. I want to make the cable scarf from Crochet Today (Dec/Jan).

I am planning to do it with the Paton's Classic Wool in the chocolate brown but I may end up buying another yarn because I'm not keen on how much the Paton's splits when working with it.

hey guys - I'm going to join in here with you on making the scarfs. I want to make the cable scarf from Crochet Today (Dec/Jan).

I am planning to do it with the Paton's Classic Wool in the chocolate brown but I may end up buying another yarn because I'm not keen on how much the Paton's splits when working with it.

That sounds really beautiful. Can't wait to see it, and hope to encourage you along the way! Glad you're joining in here. :hook:manyheart I'm not sure about the Paton's either. I think I'm going to try some of the SWS by Patons. I saw it in Michaels the other day, it is nice.:D

Nice work everyone. Heart, I LOVE that SnB floral scarf. Gonna have to get that book. I made a few over the holidays (two I made for my sister's friend's birthday, one of them she started and I finished). I don't have pics to post, but thought of you all while I was making them

Joyce

I was going through my stash today looking for yarn to use for a scarf and I came across a bag of yarn I bought at Hobby Lobby (that I forgot I had). I bought it when they had it on sale for $1.00 a skein. It is Yarn Bee Icelandic Jewels. I decided to make myself a scarf out of this yarn since it is so thick and soft. I think I'm going to need it since we are under a winter storm warning. They are calling for snow, sleet, freezing rain, and rain. We are gonna get it all in the next 24 hours or so. It's going to be a mess here, as well as a lot of other parts of the country.

th_YBScarfDiamond.jpg

clickable

This makes 2 scarves so far :clap

That sounds really beautiful. Can't wait to see it, and hope to encourage you along the way! Glad you're joining in here. :hook:manyheart I'm not sure about the Paton's either. I think I'm going to try some of the SWS by Patons. I saw it in Michaels the other day, it is nice.:D

Thanks for the welcome! I decided to go with a known yarn, I'm trying cables for the first time and I don't want to deal with yarn issues on top of the project.

I elected to go with colorway 8011 of the Cascade 220 heathers. I had a hard time liking cables in anything but the lighter colors. I did my test swatch in a teal color (7813)of the Cascade and it looked pretty but the cables weren't as clearly defined as a lighter color would be.

Anyway, I'm going to get started and I'll post my progress as I go along. :)

I think I'll join this CAL seeing that I'm in the middle of a scarf, and have been putting off making another easy fun fur one for a couple weeks now.

Mel--your blue scarf is awsome!! fun to find yarn,,sounds like you are gong to need it!!

Tailgator--glad you're here!! Your scarf is going to be a beaut,,can't wait to see it

Thanks heart,,,I kinda cheated with sliding that pict in,,That's one I did last summer!! I'm happy this is getting busy again,too!!

I finished another one last night but since I'm supposed to be doing chores now:eek I gotta wait to post picts,,,pesky!!

;) Didn't you love the scarf Krystal16 did?? maybe she'll find this CAL

The one she pulled from an afghan pattern??

:lol ,somehow I gotta break away

can't stop making scarves!!

NSS, it's a vertical stripe that goes diagonal towards either end as it widens out. I really hadn't noticed that until I caught your post and went to look.

I started a fun fur scarf last night, just half doubles and spaces/chains, but put it aside again today to work on the lapghan. Should be done with it soon so I can get back to scarves, oh and washcloths, and, and, and....lol....

Skydramini--:cheer So glad you came on over

I hope you'll tell us how everyone liked the hearts you worked so long and hard on!!

Deb06--Oh thanks for looking at the blue scarf again for me, I thought it looked like it was doing something diagonal---I had to wipe the nose prints off the screen for trying so hard to see that one better,,,,,was that an online pattern??

I had a little black and red scarf done but I bombed out and didn't take pictures,,, :eek pesky,,tomorrow

th_100_0947.jpg"]th_100_0947.jpg[/url]

K, here's another one

It's more boa yarn and a little bit of leftover red fun fur. I'm trying to stash bust.

Doesn't look very big but it's just over 6',,enough to wrap 2 times and still be long enough. It's better in person,,kinda

Here is scarf #4. These sure work up fast! Love these snow days where I can spend the day crocheting.

This pic is showing up more red, but it is actually more on the yellow/orange side. It's hard to get the true color of this yarn with this camera.

th_citrine.jpg

Clickable

Archived