scarf CAL

bobwilson123

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok here is the scarf I made for my wife. I basically just ch 200 with a K hook and then dc back into it until I had the width I wanted. I used regular black yarn mixed with Soft Delight that my wife had picked out. I added some fringe to complete it off. I am very pleased how this came out and my wife said that once the other girls at work see it I will probably be making many more.

Sorry the picture is not so clear. I need to replace my aging digital camera.

IMG_000008.jpg

This is soo fun and theraputic!!! :hook

Ok here is the scarf I made for my wife. I basically just ch 200 with a K hook and then dc back into it until I had the width I wanted. I used regular black yarn mixed with Soft Delight that my wife had picked out. I added some fringe to complete it off. I am very pleased how this came out and my wife said that once the other girls at work see it I will probably be making many more.

Sorry the picture is not so clear. I need to replace my aging digital camera.

IMG_000008.jpg

Great job, Greg! It looks super soft!

And yes, crochet is theraputic! It helps you relax and keeps your fingers busy....

I love the black!

Sarah, thanks so much for posting your Beautiful pattern.

Etsy for sure,,also seems like this would perfect for a try at the Pattern-a-day calendar. What does everyone else think!!

I've never been much for reading a complicated pattern but I'm going to give this a serious go tonight. LOVE Pineapples The way you've written this makes it sound easy:yes

What hook and yarn did you use,Sarah?? About how wide is yours? Or is gauge not such an issue?? I've got some cherry Red Heart. Or red Simply Soft.

:hug Thanks so much for sharing

Thanks! I used an H hook and Red Heart in white. It's about 4 and a half inches at the widest point (that's with the edging) If you use Simply Soft, an H would work as well, or maby a G, it would just be a little skinny. Can't wait to see it! Red, I bet that would be very pretty! :D

Pattern a Day, wow! I wouldn't even know where to begin! That would be great! Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks! ;)

Thanks! I used an H hook and Red Heart in white. It's about 4 and a half inches at the widest point (that's with the edging) If you use Simply Soft, an H would work as well, or maby a G, it would just be a little skinny. Can't wait to see it! Red, I bet that would be very pretty! :D

Pattern a Day, wow! I wouldn't even know where to begin! That would be great! Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks! ;)

Sarah,

Start here http://www.knittingpatternaday.com/ It's for both crochet and knitting. It will give you all the know how.

Hugs:hug

my wife said that once the other girls at work see it I will probably be making many more.

IMG_000008.jpg

oh yes thats awesome ! and once your wife shows her girlfriends you had better watch out :lol they will all want one ;)

All the scarves look great. I LOVE this CAL, my first. Here's one I made for the African Children's Choir mentioned in the Charity Crochet section. I couldn't stand the thought of sending strictly girly scarves along so I made this last night and finished at lunch today

IM001127.jpg

I like this one so much I want to make another LOL. It's made with LB Homespun

Joyce

:c9

How do I get the pattern for the pineapple CAL?

hi everyone :hi

this is my first attempt to start a CAL

i have to make a hole heap of scarves before end of april. sooo if any one wants to join me in a CAL, lets go :cheer

you can make them any design, color, shape, lengh etc....just need a bit of motivation and i thought that this CAL might be a great idea:hook

thanks hope you can join me

Archived