scarf CAL

bobwilson123

Boy they all look so pretty! Every body does such good work around here!!

Does anybody know what length a scarf should be for a child or toddler? I wonder if I should make the one I finished longer.

Thanks.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boy they all look so pretty! Every body does such good work around here!!

Does anybody know what length a scarf should be for a child or toddler? I wonder if I should make the one I finished longer.

Thanks.

It's usually up to the maker. Shaelynn has some different lengths. Anywhere from 2' and up.:hook

Thanks Christina, I hadn't tried it on my 4 year old yet but just wasn't sure on where it should hit them. I guess scarves are all shapes and sizes now and I just picture them the old fashioned way. :D

Thanks Christina, I hadn't tried it on my 4 year old yet but just wasn't sure on where it should hit them. I guess scarves are all shapes and sizes now and I just picture them the old fashioned way. :D

Heather,

I didn't let Shaelynn wear scarves until she was 3. I didn't want her to get it tighten by accident around her neck.

Then I made her some and she loves them. But none of them are the same length.:lol

Clare,

When is winter for you? Just curious, I don't know much about Australia.

Heck, I'm still waiting for winter here in the Midwest, USA :lol. I wore my scarf and glove set today and they were a hit with some crocheting coworkers. I agree that everyone here is doing some awesome work. Now what to do with those scarves I have made. I'm having a tough time finding anyone to take the ones I DIDN'T make for myself.

Joyce

Heck, I'm still waiting for winter here in the Midwest, USA :lol. I wore my scarf and glove set today and they were a hit with some crocheting coworkers. I agree that everyone here is doing some awesome work. Now what to do with those scarves I have made. I'm having a tough time finding anyone to take the ones I DIDN'T make for myself.

Joyce

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41492

Here's just one of the threads that are out there. I saw a few others that are in need of scarves for charity. So that's an idea.

Clare,

When is winter for you? Just curious, I don't know much about Australia.

the weather starts to cool here about april and then may june july its pretty chilly, no snow where i live

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41492

Here's just one of the threads that are out there. I saw a few others that are in need of scarves for charity. So that's an idea.

Thanks Christina. I saw this after I posted. I'll check into it. I have only four scarves, and they're definitely female-oriented.

Thanks again

Joyce

Ok I'll join in the CAL also. I have two other CAL's in the progress also but I have ADD so I have to have several going on at the same time. I am starting a scarf for DW using some Soft Delight yarn that we picked up today. I am mixing it with regular black Red Heart. So far I really like the look but the Soft Delight is not the easiest stuff to work with.

Greg, Join the club with the ADD I think alot of us have that here lol. I know I do. I have many projects going on and am loving it. I would never get anything done if I had to just stick to one project.

I know I just joined yesterday, however, I was really excited and got busy last night, and made this

Ethansbday00011.jpg

I didn't have a pattern, I just did what I thought would work, it does curl some (the sides) so I will have to work on that for the next one, but basically I used a soft ww yarn and an H hook, and just made a new pinneapple in the tip of the one just finished, so you would make them 1 at a time, turning after each row. I'm also working now on the wagon wheel one I posted the link earlier.

I started my scarf last night. And yes, I am knitting it. So I'm guessing that it will take me about a year to finish it. I'm using a skein of Moda Dea Wild! I had gotten it at Michael's probably a year ago when it was only $1 (I think). Me being such a cheapy I can't imagine paying more than that for it. It is soooo soft though. And, unbelievably, I plan on making it for myself.

Archived